...please no bro-science on this one

woodsman10

Awards
mid -50's been training 40 ys...not familiar with a lot of these newer compounds..and am getting too much conflicting info...am running trest (TD),and feel good so far... I had some "vintage" fomastane (TD),and have been using it 1x daily..have no itchy nips..all seems good..is this a compound (the forma) ,I can run throughout,or should I just use it if I feel a problem occurring? this is where a lot on mixed opinions come in....it seems to go well with the trest... would ask for a reply from someone who has more of a solid definitive answer,,not the heard it on the grapevine-bro-science routine..thanks

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Trest aromatizes into a potent form of estrogen. You should be running an AI the entire time depending on your dose of Trest. You should also have Aromasin on hand, even if the Formastane is working right now.

You don't have any signs of high estrogen because the formastane is working and doing the job currently, why would you want to reduce the usage if you feel fine with how things are going currently?

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
As stated above, you definitely want to have a stronger AI on hand with Trest. Either Exemestane/Aromasin or Arimidex/Anastrozole would suffice.

woodsman10

Awards
never said I want to reduce..asking for educated input....also...what you say I am aware of..that is right off the description of trestolone...thee is a school of thought which a lot of younger bodybuilders live by these days...and that is to take so many compounds...if you research (scientifically ) ,you may find that a lot of AI's ,HCG,and others do not have to be used with the degree of frequency that some think they do... if you go back to the golden era of BB in the 70's,,these guys never fell prey to all this PCT dialogue that is prevelant now..these days ..if a guy uses epiandro ,he is told to only use it fo 6-8 wks and make sure to do a full PCT-ridiculous....that is why I started my post with,please no bro-science..lol I respect and thank you for your answer,,,will do some more looking around....but think a bit about what I mentioned...more is not always better...peace

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's no real science about these compounds , since amounts and ,, stacks ,, used by bodybuilders were never really studied . On top of that a lot of benefits/sides effect are user dependent .

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Formestane is (was) the best otc AI. Would run it continuously at a proper dose. What are you running the Trest at?

Formestane also converts (or is) 4-hydroxytestosterone. And has androgenic like benefits on top of the AI. And I would think make a good on-going combo with the Trest, as opposed to running it without. Find the dose that works and feels good.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
You want no bro-science , go get bloods that's the only way to know anything for sure

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trest aromatizes into a potent form of estrogen. You should be running an AI the entire time depending on your dose of Trest. You should also have Aromasin on hand, even if the Formastane is working right now.

You don't have any signs of high estrogen because the formastane is working and doing the job currently, why would you want to reduce the usage if you feel fine with how things are going currently?
Not sure I've seen anyone run a decent dose of Trest and not need an AI. All about that right dose for you man. I'm a minimalist, but I'm also a protocolist (not a word). I don't do a lot of feeling out. I may adjust, but having a regimen provides stability, whatever the cycle or supplements may be.

woodsman10

Awards
lol...cool thanks ..test 50 /day TD...felt it right off,as well as forma... 2 pumps in morning...will stay with that protocol....seems to flow nicely..thanks again

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol...cool thanks ..test 50 /day TD...felt it right off,as well as forma... 2 pumps in morning...will stay with that protocol....seems to flow nicely..thanks again
Relatively low dose of Trest.

2 pumps of forma is how many mg? I would think 100mg of forma might be more than needed strictly as an AI. But like I said, it has secondary benefits. So if the gains are coming and the feels are good, then carry on.

Maybe 50:50

...or 75:75

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What golden age bodybuilders used to do...but no bro science please.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure I've seen anyone run a decent dose of Trest and not need an AI. All
about that right dose for you man. I'm a minimalist, but I'm also a protocolist (not a word). I don't do a lot
of feeling out. I may adjust, but having a regimen provides stability,whatever the cycle or supplements may be.
I ran 75mg of transdermal test for 10 weeks, started out with Formestane, but dropped if after 2ish weeks,
because I was also running high doses of Stano (1000mg per day), which converts to DHT. The stano kept
me nice and dry with out any sides ofestrogen conversion for the rest of the cycle, and I didnt get any
estrogen rebound during PCT either.

Just throwing this out there, because I see a lot of guys say you can't run Trest without an AI, but I think
in the case of running a compound that converts to DHT the need for an AI, starts to diminish depending
on how high you are runningthe Trest, and how much DHT conversion you are actually getting.

woodsman10

Awards
thanks for the feedback.....yes ..you make sense...that was something I tried to point out in my erilier post,but other than one nice guy who gave me some good feedback,I immediately strarted to get the wiseguys ,so I just don't even bother..that is why I never cared for these forums..don't know what has happened with people,,they are all so bitter..I am old enough to be most of these guys father,,what happened to respect and courtesy..and I mention my age in my post..this is bodybuildng,not schoolyard hockey...my training partner competes in masters NPC comps.and we speak of this all the time,when we see these young guys in gym..it seems they grow a few muscles,the bro science flows and everyone is below them..very sad...it would be nice to find a few old school dudes ,that can relate,and understand respect and common courtesy...when you ran your forma,was it the old version with the real compound or the updated formastanzol...there is a big diff......I would love to know if some of these young guys have their diets spot on,and how they train,and how much gym time they actually have ,before they start running compounds...funny..I see these guys in their 20's walking around with the elbows and knees all wrapped and tape all over them--wonder why..at this stage it s about longevity..they don't realize in 20 ys how they will feel...I wonder how they train..lol..anyway thanks for your feedback.

Choppedjunior

Awards
I would agree with you on how you say many people force feed you many compounds to take. Nothing seems simple anymore and thats usually because many forums are taken over by a few reps who force products, thankfully this site isn't one, but many posters here recommend what they know, which may or may not be what they learned else where. I have had bloods after PCT's before and simply taking Nolva and DAA did me fine, where as some will say Clomid, Nolva, HCG, This that and more, when its really not necessary (in my opinion)

With that being said. I took TD trest 3 pumps a day for 8 weeks. At first I was like ah I'm fine i don't need an AI, but around week 6 i noticed my nips got puffy and then became extremely sore. I was worried this was something I would not be able to reverse, but luckily my Nolva knocked it back and there are still slight lumps, but nothing noticeable unless touching.

But lesson is for now on when running test I am going to run an AI even if its e3d min would be EOD.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never said I want to reduce..asking for educated input....also...what you say I am aware of..that is right off the description of trestolone...thee is a school of thought which a lot of younger bodybuilders live by these days...and that is to take so many compounds...if you research (scientifically ) ,you may find that a lot of AI's ,HCG,and others do not have to be used with the degree of frequency that some think they do... if you go back to the golden era of BB in the 70's,,these guys never fell prey to all this PCT dialogue that is prevelant now..these days ..if a guy uses epiandro ,he is told to only use it fo 6-8 wks and make sure to do a full PCT-ridiculous....that is why I started my post with,please no bro-science..lol I respect and thank you for your answer,,,will do some more looking around....but think a bit about what I mentioned...more is not always better...peace
If you go back to the 70s, there was no treatment for cancer nor treatment for aids. Guess scientific developments are "bro-science."

woodsman10

Awards
you make sense..i mentioned that n an earlier reply also,that too may compounds are not usually necessary..i think that is where the bro science comes in..too many without the hands on experience repeating what they read and hear,and this cycle of garbage escalates ,and no one is getting accurate info....I have found just 1 week of low dose nolva 10 mgs,.will get things in check -

woodsman10

Awards
that is not accurate at all..my Mom had cancer in the md -70's and lived another 40+ ys GOD rest her soul...we just did not know as much as we do now....please don't look to nit-pick..get you facts straight please... do not even know why you would make that scientific development remark..you are so off track of my points..that is the typical attitude I was speaking of..is BRO SCIENCE so imperative to your lifestyle,that you need to defend it..c'mon? train right,diet proper,and learn,,look towards longevity..peace

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You completely missed my point in your bro science rant. Why don't you take a deep breath, stop being so biased, and try to take this in again. Ready?

Science has developed remarkably in the last 50 years. Things we did not know or understand back then we have a plethora of knowledge now. Scientific advancements continue to happen yet you seem to disregard them as bro science. The fact that body builders in the 70s did not use a PCT is not indicative that a PCT is bro science or bull****. That's an erroneous argument. The fact is real, actual science supports using a full PCT after a suppressive cycle. Real, actual science supports the use of an AI to reduce estrogen on cycle. It's not bro science - despite what you may believe.
Can you recover naturally? Sure. The body is an amazing machine but to say that you shouldn't take a PCT or use an AI on cycle is to disregard science and just plain silly.

Just because you are older does not mean you have more knowledge than young people. You have so many contradictions in your language and your way of thought but you're blind to them. Good luck man.

woodsman10

Awards
dude...why so angry...when I said you missed my point before, said it for a reason,cause I could see where this was going with you..do reply telling me the same thing is foolish.. wanted to diffuse this before..let it go..later

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
WTF is this?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
So trest with no PCT or anything. PCT not being necessary a lot of times. Even bringing up the Arnold days. And he doesn't want bioscience.....ok.....

woodsman10

Awards
wtf I never said trest with no pct..you are putting words in my mouth .....you clowns have nothing better to do then send stupid messages..read the emails carefully ,if you have that ability....you are proud that you can say this crap via email..this is bodybuilding to you? I dare anyone to show me 1 scientific study on anything pertaining to anabolics.as the other Olympus Rep claims...there are none..because no one will touch the topic,so yes broscience..is what you live by

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lolwhat?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Read carefully? We can't because you don't type in simple english sentence structure. No real breaks, random commas everywhere, and run-on sentences galore. Enjoy your day and enjoy your version of broscience. ;)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's Science!
Bro-Science.jpg

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, my take on the interwebz if you interested...

1) forum like this, no-one really gives a fuk about your age, occupation, favorite color, as far as respect is concerned. You live and die through your posts, and thats pretty much it.

2) expect tough love when people sense an attitude

3) lotsa studies on AAS/SERM/AI, using rats or humans. And where none specifically exist, we can often extrapolate based on the ones that do.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AM not taken over by reps

First time I've heard that one

jathan_howe

Awards
wtf I never said trest with no pct..you are putting words in my mouth .....you clowns have nothing better to do then send stupid messages..read the emails carefully ,if you have that ability....you are proud that you can say this crap via email..this is bodybuilding to you? I dare anyone to show me 1 scientific study on anything pertaining to anabolics.as the other Olympus Rep claims...there are none..because no one will touch the topic,so yes broscience..is what you live by
Just because scientific research and studies aren't conducted on the matter, it doesn't make anecdote and blood work results equal to broscience. If you want to see broscience look at bb.com circa 2007. Look at the misinformation about "cycling creatine", "the anabolic window", and "BCAA's to prevent muscle wasting" for the definition of broscience.
Nobody cares about your age here. Example being that I'm still in high school. I'm here to learn, help teach others with what info I've learned so far, (and occasionally stock up on sweet deals for banned/discontinued compounds), so that someday I'll have as much knowledge as possible to run stuff as safely and effectively as possible. I've made my age and intent clear here and don't get flamed for it, nor for anything else. All it takes is to be respectful to those that you're asking questions of and not act like an ass in threads. Be receptive to new information and be respectful to members, especially the one's that know more about subjects than you and you'll get along fine here.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What was this thread about again? Oh, right.

Summary:

A mid-50 year old with 40 years of experience, taking Trest w/ "Vintage" Formestane which was banned a long time ago. What's the expiration on that? I'd rather use something like BLR Letrone on cycle for OTC, and have Exemestane (Aromasin) on hand. Even though this isn't oral, TUDCA & NAC for organ support. Their cheap, so why not be safe? How's your blood pressure? Orthosiphon stamineus maybe?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Why does this happen so often around here lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
broscience-doyouevenlift_891b8f_4320288.jpg

Science is over rated. Just look at "Global Warming"... wait, never mind.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
AM not taken over by reps

First time I've heard that one
thats because you lift in the jungle away from society, not privy to the social disorder

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
bro science is lectured every week day at my gym around noon time and taken from passages from the swoley bible.

let me quote a passage if i may,

gainz gainz, are not just made by lifting wieghts, they are made by in conjunction with knowledge given beforeit by the ones who lifted beforeith. do not doubt the word of those scriptures written by unknown swoley gods as you will be cast down on the floor and shall shyt in your pants on your first rep AND THOU SHALL FEEL THE FURY OF cramps on the bowl after not reading the passages on how to consume protein. Can i get a Lift Big

Remember the passages set forth and the gainz shall be yours, go in size my friends and preach the unknown to the unknown and let it be known

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bro science is lectured every week day at my gym around noon time and taken from passages from the swoley bible.

gainz gainz, are not just made by lifting wieghts, they are made by in conjunction with knowledge given beforeit by the ones who lifted beforeith. do not doubt the word of those scriptures written by unknown swoley gods as you will be cast down on the floor and shall shyt in your pants on your first rep AND THOU SHALL FEEL THE FURY OF cramps on the bowl after not reading the passages on how to consume protein. Can i get a Lift Big

Remember the passages set forth and the gainz shall be yours, go in size my friends and preach the unknown to the unknown and let it be known
My wife and I are in tears brother... lofao.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

*tear* so poignant