Preventing Hairloss on a Halodrol Cycle

squattingdawg

Awards
I'm about to start a 6 week Halodrol Cycle and wanted to know if there is anything to take to help with the hairloss. Right now I'm thinking of taking Toco-8, Minoxidil, as well as Finasteride and/or Spironolactone if I can get the prescriptions. Is this overkill? Wanted to get some other opinions. TIA

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You shouldnt get hair loss on H-Drol cycle

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to start a 6 week Halodrol Cycle and wanted to know if there is anything to take to help with the hairloss. Right now I'm thinking of taking Toco-8, Minoxidil, as well as Finasteride and/or Spironolactone if I can get the prescriptions. Is this overkill? Wanted to get some other opinions. TIA
Halodrol (if you have legit halo) is not very androgenic. It is one of the "safer" steroids on the hairline. If the dose and duration are kept in check, you will most likely be fine.

You can take toco-8 if you like, it's a nice addition to a supplement regimen. The studies that were done on tocotrienols and hair loss were based upon (if my memory serves me) 5 months of use. It will not prevent androgenic-induced hair loss on a Halo cycle, but may create a healthier overall environment for hair growth. I take it daily. It did nothing noticeable for my hair over a 1+ year period.

Do not use Mixonidil on cycle, unless your are planning on staying on it as a life-long decision going forward.

I would not suggest taking finasteride just for a short steroid/PH cycle. You will not see the benefits you desire. On top of that, finasteride will not do much to prevent any possible shedding on Halodrol; In fact, it may make it worse. While Halodrol can be reduced (via the reductase enzyme), it is said to selectively favor beta-reduction over alpha-reduction. Think of the beta isomer as mild or benign and the alpha isomer as androgenic or "aggressive". Assuming that the favorability for the reduction to the b-isomer is part of the reason for the low androgenic quality of the steroid, blocking that conversion may actually increase the androgenic nature (hair loss) of the steroid. (Reference)

My guess is that finasteride would likely be neutral when combined with Halodrol, but increased chances for hair loss may come about with the combination. Tread lightly.

You can use Azelaic acid or Spironolactone as topical anti-androgens on cycle. Both can be purchased OTC in topical lotions/gels/creams. I would not expect much but it shouldn't hurt. My experimentation with Spiro was less than impressive. It is not worth the time, the aggrevation, or the money. As always, YMMV.

Do not take oral Spironolactone, unless of course you want to start the conversion to the other gender! It is a powerful anti-androgen when taken orally. It is quite mild when used topically at reasonable dosages.

Keep in mind that adding a lot of products/ingredients simultaneously to your hair care regimen will likely cause a drastic shift in the environment of your scalp. A sudden change like this will most certainly cause shedding as the changing hormonal environment will cause an early shift in the anagen/catagen/telogen hair cycle.

Your best bet is to purchase a ketoconazole-based shampoo such as Nizoral or Regenepure DR. In the past I have recommended Pura D'or Gold label as well, but the profile of that shampoo has changed and it no longer includes Ketoconazole. Use the shampoo every other day if using 2% Nizoral or daily if using 1% Nizoral or Regenepure. Other than that, cross your fingers and hope you are one of the lucky ones.

Minoxidil will do nothing for 6 weeks,
Certainly nothing positive. It will most likely make his hair worse. He wil get the initial shed that most minox users experience, without the increased growth that most (some) users see with prolonged use.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You shouldn't have too many problems with halo like stated above. I run 2% keto, pur d or blue and t-sal (all small squirts of each) lather and let sit for ~3 minutes. Seems to do the trick along with oral beta sitosterol.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/pura-d-or-argan-oil

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Run Halo for 8 weeks (Oct-Nov '16) up to 100mg, no hairloss issues.

phollet

Awards
Hey guys, what is your thoughts on the new halodrol from gaspari and hairloss?