Trt no AI

J

JBoneke

Awards
Anyone doing moderate trt and nothing else?
I've tried different dosing and pretty much know when I would and wouldn't. I know bloodwork tells more. More importantly how you actually feel should be the deciding factor.
If I do 100-120 every 7 days, after a short period of time I can feel the E. I did 80 every 5 days for about 5 or 6 months and very gradually I could feel the E build up. When I do 60mg every very 4 or 5 days I feel good and don't feel that high E feeling. My trough t levels doing this is around 650ish at every 4 days.
After 2 weeks I'm still feeling the buildup of E doing the 80 every 5 days but I can feel it going away.
Any thoughts ?
Btw, I'm doing what is prescribed and getting bloodwork next month.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Anyone doing moderate trt and nothing else?
I've tried different dosing and pretty much know when I would and wouldn't. I know bloodwork tells more. More importantly how you actually feel should be the deciding factor.
If I do 100-120 every 7 days, after a short period of time I can feel the E. I did 80 every 5 days for about 5 or 6 months and very gradually I could feel the E build up. When I do 60mg every very 4 or 5 days I feel good and don't feel that high E feeling. My trough t levels doing this is around 650ish at every 4 days.
After 2 weeks I'm still feeling the buildup of E doing the 80 every 5 days but I can feel it going away.
Any thoughts ?
a larger spike in testosterone is going to lead to a greater increase in E2.... so yeah, what you're feeling makes sense.

J

JBoneke

Awards
Any similar examples that you've gone through ? Trying different doses?

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Any similar examples that you've gone through ? Trying different doses?
what the goal for your testosterone levels?

is there a reason why you don't want to take an AI?

splitting the dose is usually recommended to avoid side effects... a lot of guys do 100 mg 2 x /wk for their TRT.

J

JBoneke

Awards
I just want to keep it simple and safe. I don't really know anything about AIs and my Dr doesn't really either. I'm having blood work next month. Maybe I'll ask more about it.
My goals are just to feel good. I'm 50 now and been on trt since about 45 years old. I had low natural levels at about 350.
I do 60 every 4 days which seems to be the sweet spot for me. That's like 105/week. When I did 100 or 120/week (1 injection)my E built up and felt aweful. Took a month or so to clean out the E symptoms.
At 60 every 4 my TT levels are about 752 on day 3 and I don't know what day 4 will be yet. I'm guessing 650ish.
How about you? What's your protocol and any trials and errors?

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I just want to keep it simple and safe. I don't really know anything about AIs and my Dr doesn't really either. I'm having blood work next month. Maybe I'll ask more about it.
My goals are just to feel good. I'm 50 now and been on trt since about 45 years old. I had low natural levels at about 350.
I do 60 every 4 days which seems to be the sweet spot for me. That's like 105/week. When I did 100 or 120/week (1 injection)my E built up and felt aweful. Took a month or so to clean out the E symptoms.
At 60 every 4 my TT levels are about 752 on day 3 and I don't know what day 4 will be yet. I'm guessing 650ish.
How about you? What's your protocol and any trials and errors?
I'm currently using enclomiphene citrate in a last ditch effort to avoid TRT....

however, for some more info on AI's, you can take a look at this:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html#post5631423

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Some men are able to get away with not using an AI on TRT. I'm sorry to say that you might not be one of those men. Optimal AI dosage at a particular dose of Testosterone varies amongst individuals. Your experience has shown that you will likely need one at any dose of Testosterone that is actually effective.

EDIT: I just read some more of your posts. It appears that 60mg every 5 days may not be raising your E2 significantly. How do you feel on that dose? If your low T symptoms are gone, then just stay with that low dose. Problem solved.

J

JBoneke

Awards
Thanks Mike. At 60 every 5 I felt pretty good. I got so strong at that dose. I always thought that I could do a little better though. I talked my Dr into increasing to 80 every 5. I knew that may be a little high though. It took a few months to find out though because the negative symptoms were so gradual. I could tell real gradual declines in work outs, morning and nighttime wood, confidence and things like that. I'm still recovery from that E buildup. I changed my dose to 60 every 4 days and waiting to see how that feels. I'm fairly certain that might be perfect for me. I know a lot of trt guys do 50 every 3.5 days and they swear by that protocol.
How about you Mike? What do you have going on?

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Mike. At 60 every 5 I felt pretty good. I got so strong at that dose. I always thought that I could do a little better though. I talked my Dr into increasing to 80 every 5. I knew that may be a little high though. It took a few months to find out though because the negative symptoms were so gradual. I could tell real gradual declines in work outs, morning and nighttime wood, confidence and things like that. I'm still recovery from that E buildup. I changed my dose to 60 every 4 days and waiting to see how that feels. I'm fairly certain that might be perfect for me. I know a lot of trt guys do 50 every 3.5 days and they swear by that protocol.
How about you Mike? What do you have going on?
I was doing 200 mg once a week with 0.5 mg of Anastrozole twice a week. This kept my E2 at a good level, but I could tell my T levels weren't steady.

I switched to 100 mg twice a week and kept my AI dose the same, and now I think my E2 is low. I'm getting blood work done to confirm this. I'll be backing off my AI dose a bit to see what happens. It will take some trial and error, but I'll find the right dose for my new Testosterone dosage protocol. It will most likely have me using less Anastrozole, which is a plus.

J

JBoneke

Awards
I was doing 200 mg once a week with 0.5 mg of Anastrozole twice a week. This kept my E2 at a good level, but I could tell my T levels weren't steady.

I switched to 100 mg twice a week and kept my AI dose the same, and now I think my E2 is low. I'm getting blood work done to confirm this. I'll be backing off my AI dose a bit to see what happens. It will take some trial and error, but I'll find the right dose for my new Testosterone dosage protocol. It will most likely have me using less Anastrozole, which is a plus.
Have you had high E too ever? I've never had low E I don't believe. How have you felt with high and low E?

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Have you had high E too ever? I've never had low E I don't believe. How have you felt with high and low E?
I don't believe I've ever had high E2. It has certainly never been high on any lab results. With low E2, I feel lethargic, have no libido and my performance in the gym suffers.

J

JBoneke

Awards
I don't believe I've ever had high E2. It has certainly never been high on any lab results. With low E2, I feel lethargic, have no libido and my performance in the gym suffers.
Sounds like high and low are about the same.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
^I've had low E2, and the big symptom for me was dry and sore joints. they feel like they have sand in them....