Prednisone and Puffy Nips??

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, weird/random question for ya: can Prednisone flare up gyno symptoms in someone whose struggled with gyno in the past? I just got finsihed a 2-week run with Prednisone and my left nipple is puffy and sore. Let me be clear, I haven't run gear in a decade, and I haven't taken anything hormonal OTC-wise since 2015.

I do have some glandular tissue from a ****ty PCT run after a test/dbol cycle back in 2006, so I have a hunch that's been flared up.

So what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
According to WebMD:

"Use of certain medicines may also cause gynecomastia, including:

Steroids, such as prednisone or dexamethasone."

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, weird/random question for ya: can Prednisone flare up gyno symptoms in someone whose struggled with gyno in the past? I just got finsihed a 2-week run with Prednisone and my left nipple is puffy and sore. Let me be clear, I haven't run gear in a decade, and I haven't taken anything hormonal OTC-wise since 2015.

I do have some glandular tissue from a ****ty PCT run after a test/dbol cycle back in 2006, so I have a hunch that's been flared up.

So what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Google: Raloxifene

Works best when you deliberately crush your estrogen beforehand, for instance with letro. There are protocols for letro + ralox floating arround.
I used exemestane 25mg for 3 days before starting ralox at 50mg/day for 10 days, followed by 25mg for 3 weeks. All went well without sides, gyno was gone by week 3.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
According to WebMD:

"Use of certain medicines may also cause gynecomastia, including:

Steroids, such as prednisone or dexamethasone."
**** man! That sucks! I guess I was being dismissive yesterday about the mild discomfort under my left nipple. But I couldn't stop thinking about it today because it kind of ached.

How in the hell could this happen with just two weeks use?

Should I order some Letrone or something?

cstallion

Awards
  • Established

Works best when you deliberately crush your estrogen beforehand, for instance with letro. There are protocols for letro + ralox floating arround.
I used exemestane 25mg for 3 days before starting ralox at 50mg/day for 10 days, followed by 25mg for 3 weeks. All went well without sides, gyno was gone by week 3.
Dude, I sincerely appreciate that. I am so far removed from the "game" though that I'd probably have to rely on research chems. Think that's worth a shot?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
STOP , I did not read fully. You don't have gyno yet, please dismiss my previous post. Some Adex or Exemestane could be sufficient for puffy nipples.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer Exemestane when off cycle. 12.5mg EOD until symptoms gone.

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
I prefer Exemestane when off cycle. 12.5mg EOD until symptoms gone.
Ok, so this may or may not be a stupid question... I'll brace for impact if so: Since I won't have any exemestane to me for at least a couple of days, would it be worth trying some OTC options until then? Yes, I know anything OTC will be understrength compared to what I truly want/need, but I hate waiting a couple of days to deal with this.

So what if I roll down to the local supp shop and picked up a bottle of Nolvadren XT, since there's 75mg of Arimistane per dose. I could dose up to 100-150 mg for a few days until my exemestane comes in? Also, I could pick up some Chrysin too, not really versed on Chrysin tho.

Anyway, is this completely stupid? Or is there another OTC option I should be seeking?

Thanks so much!

cstallion

Awards
  • Established
Looks like my best options as far as buying something OTC are Nolvadren XT or Erase Pro+. Anybody have any experience with these in terms of managing estro sides? Thanks!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Nothing over the counter will help if gyno is already there. Get some letro and nolvadex first and we can go from there.

Over the last nearly 20 years i have had to take prednisone more than a handfull of times and i hate it with a passion. The gyno/puffy nips thing is real and may not go away even treating it aggressively with AIs

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
I know this is a little old, but does ralox kill libido? Just curious

cody199477

Awards
  • Established

Hey gramps, been taking raloxifene for a week now, my lumps aren’t that noticeable when looking at my chest but the lumps are pretty big, especially on the left pec. Been doing 60mg a day. You think I should up the dose or just keep taking the 60mg with exemastane?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey gramps, been taking raloxifene for a week now, my lumps aren’t that noticeable when looking at my chest but the lumps are pretty big, especially on the left pec. Been doing 60mg a day. You think I should up the dose or just keep taking the 60mg with exemastane?
Stay on 60mg. Had you lowered E2 before taking ralox?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was taking exemastane before hand but not sure if it was lowered that dramatically
Are you taking any PED's now? Test, Trest or other aromatizing agents?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea 500mg test 450 tren ace, 30mg dbol
Do the ralox AFTER the cycle when on a TRT dose of test -or while PCT/after PCT. Crush E2 beforehand. If you use it now, it basically inhibits more gyno.