Job drug tests..

coltamatik

coltamatik

Awards
Do regular basis jobs such as Walmart, fast food places, lowe's , test for AAS? Asking for someone else which caught my attention.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, do they test for Marijuana?

I'm asking for a friend, not me..

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, those jobs hardly test for anything. You will be fine.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pot I'm 100% positive, if they drug tests it's for that. LSD and others I'm not sure of. AAS highly doubtful considering a test can cost hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which ones?
Law enforcment if they have suspicion and prison guards are ALWAYS tested for everything under the ****ing sun, for obvious reasons.

Not sure of others, quick google search will probably tell you a lot more than I know.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea from my understanding, it's only if they have "suspicion".

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well there far n few, i had government clearence to do a job at a nuclear power plant n they didn't but i was basicly referring to normal jobs. But that said i got a few buddies that juice n are cops n they never been tested, ****, ronnie Coleman was a cop lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea from my understanding, it's only if they have "suspicion".
Yeah I thought that too but I have a friend who's a police officer tell me that prison guards get tested for everything randomly. Only job I know of off the top of my head that randomly tests for AAS but I kinda understand why.

Another possible one that might randomly test for AAS is high level military like Delta Force/Navy Seals. My recruiter said they do a pretest in BUDs for steroids but I think she was bull ****ting to see if I'd react. I suspect that if they were to test it would be when your already in, but even then it's still $500+ a test.

For the 99% of us who will never be in those positions, unless theirs suspicion I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you'll be tested for AAS ever.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can always ask the employer what type of test it is - 5, 6 9 or 11 panel drug test. There are several versions, none of which test for AAS. The drugs people test for are the ones that affect your job performance in a negative way - which is mostly Class 1 & 2 drugs. AAS testing probably only happens in the military, which is odd because that is where you'd want your employees to take AAS.

Prison guards make 100% sense to test for but I know prison guard Lt. that are the AAS dealer in the town, lol. Tren would likely cause more incidents between gaurds and inmates, no doubt about it.

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Have had 5-6 desk jobs, tested for pot every time and never AAS. But contrary to the post above I wouldn't ask the employer what type of drug test it is.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You can always ask the employer what type of test it is - 5, 6 9 or 11 panel drug test. There are several versions, none of which test for AAS. The drugs people test for are the ones that affect your job performance in a negative way - which is mostly Class 1 & 2 drugs. AAS testing probably only happens in the military, which is odd because that is where you'd want your employees to take AAS.

Prison guards make 100% sense to test for but I know prison guard Lt. that are the AAS dealer in the town, lol. Tren would likely cause more incidents between gaurds and inmates, no doubt about it.
A guy I know was a prison guard for a while and he cycled for a long time. Another guy I know stopped cycling to join the police academy, because he apparently knows they check or something.

I've always heard they give you a lie detector asking if you've ever used steroids. So whether you're on them then or not, hopefully you can beat the lie detector or they don't care if you used to use steroids.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell I live in a legal state and I can't even smoke weed cause of my damn job, ****ing bull****. No jobs test for AAS your fine.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I work offshore and get tested for booze narcs and roids on a regular basis. Always random. They turn up with no warning and test everyone. So yeah it does depend on what job your doing....

jesus_sanchez

Awards
No. You'll be fine. Testing for AAS is expensive and meaningless for job performance.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Wally world only test for weed and cocaine. Unless they've changed in the past 6 years. I was a HR manager there back then.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wally world only test for weed and cocaine. Unless they've changed in the past 6 years. I was a HR manager there back then.
If anything those would be the two drugs I was okay with my employees using lol

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some of these employers might have the info on their website or a quick google search where people in the past talk about it. Wouldn't be hard to find out and given that in rare cases, Ephedrine can pop up as amphetamines and weed is legal in a few various states, I don't see how asking about the panel testing would be an admission of guilt. You can just tell them that you want to make sure your legal options are not going to ping you on a drug test - therefore, you need to know what they are testing for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/1kbb83/public_service_announcement_ephedrine_will_give_a/

Turns out, a quick search will show that a number of OTC drugs can cause problems with drug testing...

Another takeaway here is that drug tests are not infallible. They are not 100% conclusive. Now, if you test positive for amphetamines and you have some of those same drugs on you AND someone watched you take them, that would be conclusive evidence.

Same can be said about certain steroids. I imagine a fresh TRT dose the day before a steroid test would pop up as positive. This is because the body naturally doesn't dump that much androgens in the blood at once. Employers could stand to be informed on these aspects of drug testing, IMO.