Will you make ANY gains while in a caloric deficit while on certain or multiple AAS?

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
I'm not attempting this obvious less then optimal method. However, I've recently read several studies and heard several anecdotal experiences that say that you can in a caloric deficit add SOME not A Lot, not Optimumly and not any where near what you would but just SOME muscle while in a caloric deficit. I don't mean starving yourself or anything extreme, just a caloric deficit. Are these studies and anecdotal evidence I've seen, read and heard true that while on certain or multiple AAS that you can still add SOME muscle while in a caloric deficit?

jathan_howe

Awards
While you likely won't lose any mass, gaining would be minimal but maybe some, depending on the compound. From what I've read, it seems possible to put on a decent amount of mass with tren on a deficit. (Maybe the same holds true for trest) Decent, being subjective to the circumstances of a deficit. Not decent compared to say, tren and a calorie surplus.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
So, yes, from what I've read, and what you've also read, which I leaned towards believing, you can add SOME, A LITTLE, amount of muscle while in a caloric deficit on certain compounds? I'm reading you correctly right? In addition, thank you brother for participating. Merry Christmas!

jathan_howe

Awards
So, yes, from what I've read, and what you've also read, which I leaned towards believing, you can add SOME, A LITTLE, amount of muscle while in a caloric deficit on certain compounds? I'm reading you correctly right? In addition, thank you brother for participating. Merry Christmas!
Correct. To my understanding. There's other guys who have much better knowledge than me and can probably help on the subject a bit more booneman77 yates84 NewAgeMayan ChocolateClen

Merry Christmas to you too!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh wow supper happy to be tagged alon with guys like NewAgeMayan and yates84

From what I know, AAS will increase cellular uptake of amino acids and proteins, so even on a deficit as long as you eat enough protein you should gain some muscle.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Thanks fellas. Even before reading what I read i was about 90% sure that this was possible but of course I've had a few try to say the opposite and say it's not possible while trying to debate me on a topic that they couldn't really defend so they went with the let's say false information trick. I didn't fall for it during the debate but I wasn't 100% sure so I was curious. Feel free to check out my Ment Diaries guys in this thread.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Rodja and hyde would know more about this than me. Im pretty much limited to crude generalisations.

Common sense says the smaller the deficit, then all else being equal, the more gainz you will potentially make. This will hold true whether youre taking drugs or not. AAS will tend to make such phenomena more pronounced, and likely extend the deficit range. Also, some AAS will improve fatloss, or even target the process in a kcal surplus; nothing magic, and it has its limits of course, but merely an outcome of MoA.

I cant provide any numbers here, and Id be surprised if anyone could. But there are guys on the forum who understand the physiological processes at play here, at least better than me.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
It is entirely possible to gain lean body mass in a caloric deficit as a natural lifter. It's not easy and gains will be slower, but it has been demonstrated in scientific studies that it is possible. So it is definitely possible while using steroids.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Of course you will gain muscle mass (or at least improve your lean/fat mass ratio) when on exogenous hormones, cept maybe if you are on crazy PSMF crap 500cal a day type thing.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Wow major help and responses. Thanks guys! I knew it! It was too darn common sensical to not know it even b4 reading any thing about it but as a true student of these things I like to know and not just assume.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Yes brother, thank you for that wise, sage like advice. As stated im not attempting this endeavor. Check out my on going Diary and you'll see I'm personally doing the opposite of my question. At 7000 cals a day as of today. It's like adding a additional half time job to your schedule. Without wife, man would it be rough. Any questions or comments on my journey with Ment would also be appreciated so please join in on it. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
Yes brother, thank you for that wise, sage like advice. As stated im not attempting this endeavor. Check out my on going Diary and you'll see I'm personally doing the opposite of my question. At 7000 cals a day as of today. It's like adding a additional half time job to your schedule. Without wife, man would it be rough. Any questions or comments on my journey with Ment would also be appreciated so please join in on it. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
No bro I'm just playing I have gained on I little def. With low test and masteron in the past. Merry Christmas bro ???

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Yeah this is only my 3rd ever cycle and my first 2 were of only Test Cypionate 1st at 400mg a week and 2nd was 600mg a week. Got great gains from both. Now my 3rd I decided to do one of Ment only due to its newness on the scene and some seeming lack of actual experiential data from people who have done a cycle of it alone. One of only Trestolone Acetate aka Ment Acetate in injectable form. So I thought it may provide some very informative things for everyone especially me of course. Please join in. Have a good evening bro.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The short answer is yes. You can gain a bit even in a deficit.

The increased nutrient absorption, utilization and muscle protein synthesis will allow the same cals to be used far better by your body meaning you can do more with less.

Obviously the deficit can't be extreme and training and feeding time become even more important for optimizing all the other aspects but it's 100% possible.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The short answer is yes. You can gain a bit even in a deficit.

The increased nutrient absorption, utilization and muscle protein synthesis will allow the same cals to be used far better by your body meaning you can do more with less.

Obviously the deficit can't be extreme and training and feeding time become even more important for optimizing all the other aspects but it's 100% possible.
Definitely this.

Look at a natural newbie that loses fat as he gains muscle because of the new and powerful stimulus weight training provides. You just need a significant enough stimulus to create that growth. For a natty, this is tough after newb gains. For an AAS user going on blast, not as much (depending on what's being used of course).

Every time my friend goes into a contest prep, she gets on Var and couples it with a very hardcore low carb diet. We see gains in lbm despite a deficit, while watching her abs start to come thru. Both the body scans and what we can plainly see shows she's getting more muscular and jacked despite living off veggies and turkey burgers. Strength obviously is up across the board, despite coming down in bodyweight.

RagnarLothbrk

RagnarLothbrk

Awards
Yeah i knew this was the case through simple logic using my albeit limited knowledge of lifting period, regardless of AAS knowledge.