Testosterone cypionate vs ethanate vs propionate

clayboy_123

Awards
Any difference In mass or strength gains or mood, if using the same dosage per week but in a different form? I.e would 300mg per week of cypionate be any different, in any way, than 300mg/week of propionate or Ethanate?

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
There's really no difference. Doctors prescribe c but I like e. Just a preference thing. Same half life on both
Oh sorry I didn't see the prop that one is much different. The half life is different on prop. I don't know about that one to much but there's a ton of threads out there on it

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes there is a difference in ester weight. 300mg of Prop gives you more actual testosterone than 300mg of Cyp or Enanthate. Google the weights of the esters and you'll see how much of 100ml of each is actual testosterone.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes there is a difference in ester weight. 300mg of Prop gives you more actual testosterone than 300mg of Cyp or Enanthate. Google the weights of the esters and you'll see how much of 100ml of each is actual testosterone.
This. Prop will give you more true actives than c/e. It's significant. Roughly 10% more test per mg is available in prop.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That was supposed to say 100mg not 100ml lol

Tyvocules

Tyvocules

Awards
So prop actually yields better strength gains?? Hmm I just dislike how frequent the pins are

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Here is a good video on how to maximize your trt but it can apply to anyone running testosterone.
[video=youtube;djOA0GV72gc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djOA0GV72gc[/video]

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Actually in term of stronguest i would say

1-Prop
2-Cyp (12 days half-life)
3-Eth (15 days half-life)

But i rather ethanate , so i pin less times a week :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So prop actually yields better strength gains?? Hmm I just dislike how frequent the pins are
At the exact same dose, prop will yield better everything. It's flat out stronger.

If you dose say 100mg of each you're looking st something like 85mg test (prop) vs 75mg (enan)

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How's the PIP from prop? I heard it could be brutal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How's the PIP from prop? I heard it could be brutal.
It's a bit rough at the start but gets much easier a couple weeks in. Depends where you pin too how much it'll even matter

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I heard sus 250 pip is rough but after looking at what's in it, what makes it better or worse than running straight prop or straight e or c etc? I mean if you want a mixture of half lives then why not just run test e and p why bother with all the other ones? I must be missing something here.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually in term of stronguest i would say

1-Prop
2-Cyp (12 days half-life)
3-Eth (15 days half-life)

But i rather ethanate , so i pin less times a week :)
Where'd you get that chart from? Enanthate is shorter than cyp. By only a day or 2 but they're both only 9-10days. Not 15

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Half life of test-e is 4.5 days.
Yes, this.

"Common Injectable Testosterone Esters
Written by Jasen Bruce

The most common forms of injectable testosterone include Testosterone Cypionate, Testosterone Propionate, and Testosterone Enanthate…or a 'blend' of some sort. I do not like testosterone "blends" do to irregular release patterns. Always remember that each of these forms is simply testosterone, the molecule remains unchanged, and the only difference is the "ester" which determines the half-life within the body. An 'ester' is basically a chain composed of Hydrogen, Carbon, and Oxygen atoms which are attached to the testosterone molecule which must be broken down creating a 'timed release" in the body once injected. Even though the testosterone molecule remains the same no matter the ester, each one can yield different results in patients.

Enanthate: This is metabolized in roughly 4-5 days. It can even remain in the body (in very small amounts) for 2 weeks. 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate yields ~73mg of actual testosterone, the rest is ester weight. Injections can be administered every 5 days. As we all know everyone is unique in their response to drugs but from what I have seen in my experience the approximate starting doses which may bring a patient within optimal ranges (650ng-1100ng) is 100mg-200mg IM every 5-7 days. Of course many factors come into play including the patient's baseline levels and biology.

Cypionate: This is metabolized in roughly 7-8 days. This is also considered a 'long-acting' testosterone. 100mg of Cypionate yields ~68mg of actual testosterone. A good starting dose would be similar to Enanthate, more commonly between 100mg-200mg IM every 7days.

Propionate: This is a faster acting ester which can peak in the blood within hours and metabolized over 3 days. Injections should be administered every 2-3 days. You must weigh the 'positives' with the 'negatives' before prescribing propionate. Since it metabolizes so quickly, and needs to be administered frequently, it is easy to stabilize levels and optimizes blood-testosterone-levels quickly. On the downside IM injections must be given frequently which can keep patients from remaining compliant. Also, since the levels peak faster there is also an increased chance of aromatizing the testosterone into estrogen and increased DHT conversion which can cause side effects. 100mg of Propionate yields ~93mg of testosterone.

Other Esters found in TRT medicine include;

Aqueous Testosterone Suspension: No-Ester. Requires frequent IM injections since it remains in the body only for a few hours. (Very painful injection). The risks outweigh the benefits when it comes to Testosterone Suspension and we do not recommend prescribing this particular ester."

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
"Enanthate: This is metabolized in roughly 4-5 days. It can even remain in the body (in very small amounts) for 2 weeks. 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate yields ~73mg of actual testosterone, the rest is ester weight."

Kind of a contradiction right there.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Check out the paper "Pharmacology of testosterone preperations", top of pg14 of the pdf.

Test-e half-life is 4.5 days.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"Enanthate: This is metabolized in roughly 4-5 days. It can even remain in the body (in very small amounts) for 2 weeks. 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate yields ~73mg of actual testosterone, the rest is ester weight."

Kind of a contradiction right there.
You do know what half-life is right?

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
You do know what half-life is right?
Sure, as all drugs as far time passes it will slowly being eliminated from one's body. There is said that it can be found in 14~15 days even in small amounts.

Now, i assume i didnt know that Test-C generally have a longer half-life, so that means, Test-E is stronger?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sure, as all drugs as far time passes it will slowly being eliminated from one's body. There is said that it can be found in 14~15 days even in small amounts.

Now, i assume i didnt know that Test-C generally have a longer half-life, so that means, Test-E is stronger?
yes, albiet only slightly compared to p vs e/c

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Interesting.

Apparently prop will give quicker peak plasma levels BUT, enanthate will ultimately give higher peak plasma levels (due to the esters and compounding factors). Assuming you dose each as per norm.