my damn blood pressure

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
three questions......

1. at what point (bp reading) does one say "I can't go on cycle, my bp is too high"
2. at what point (bp reading) on cycle does one say "my cycle is raising my bp too high, I have to come off"
3. I know this has been talked about before, but what is the best stuff for lowering bp. Is hawthorne berry extract good? What else is good?

I am not cycling, not have I ever. But, I went to my Dr. 2 week ago and today and both times my bp was 136/90. If I ever want to cycle anything I am assuming this must come down. Even if I never go on cycle, I still want it lower. I usually run around 125/80

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind I have no qualifications to be posting about blood pressure control. But some general things I think help while on.

1) I find that if I keep calories lower or am cutting/recomping, my bp is not so much a problem. Lower bodyweight overall helps me bigtime.

2) Regular cardio, esp, while off androgens helps keep my puffiness/water retention low and generally makes my whole body and heart feel better.

3) To control BP while on, Hawthorn may help as an OTC, but I think you should consider picking up some prescription blood pressure medication. Check out the most recent article at Ruggedmag.com on blood pressure control.

Can't Take the Pressure

IIRC the author goes into detail about blood pressure meds and even suggests what he thinks is best for a hard training (or maybe even roided up) athlete.

I believe Losartan and Valsartan are two meds he suggest as ARBs.

Personally, I feel pretty uncomfortable when mine hits 150/85. Anything higher and I would take direct action, (but probably wouldn't end the cycle hehe).

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i rarely hit 150 on the systolic, but my current distolic (sp?) is definitley over 85. The day I finishd my last cycle of phs......

weeks 1-4
m14add
week 5-8
Superdrol

My bp was 150/100. This was over three months ago. I was taking high doses for both.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Okay, to me it doesn't look like a prescription med would be necessary at this point. But I do think it would be a smart decision to have one on hand. Just like it is a smart decision to keep an antibiotic onhand in case you get an abcess etc. Just good precautionary measure.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
how about herbal **** to get it down? Hawthorne? Grape Seed?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
how about herbal **** to get it down? Hawthorne? Grape Seed?
Hawthorne Berry is very good to take while on a cycle and during PCT. I believe it should be a staple to one's supplement arsenal.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
C12 Peptide (aka TwinLab Blood Pressure Control), celery seed, hawthorn berry.

Personally, Ill never do a cycle that leads to higher BP numbers again. On 1test/4AD I retained a lot of water...bp was up to 150/85. Screw that!!! C12 brought it under control in 5 days, though. Give it a shot.

BV

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, and take it non-stop from now on. Read the proposed sticky thread I have outlined some things that can help.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
thanks ryasm....

Here is what i am going to buy...

C12 Peptide
Celery Seed Extract
Hawthorne berry extract

Given I will be taking all three, what is the appropriate dosing for the celery and the hawthorne?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dose them per bottles recs. The hawthorne will take some time, but the other two are fast acting. Buy a BP machine, and take regular readings first thing in the morning.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it is quite potent, that's why I would check your bp regularly.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
any ill effects possibly from its potency? or when you want me to check it everyday, your saying that cuz its so fast acting it will change in a matter of days?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends, you may need script meds, but you are stacking three known reducers of BP levels. I would check it in the morning daily to see if it's working first of all, and to see if it's dropping too far. I wouldn't worry about it though. Your primary concern is lowering it.

Hawthorne and celery seed both are relatively strong anti-o's.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
M1,4ADD murdered my BP while on-cycle (high dose), got the diastolic to 106. off-cycle, my BP is ~125/77. celery seed has helped a GREAT deal. hawthorne seemed to have less of an impact, even when preloaded for months and used all the way through it didnt do what celery seed could do in 24 hours. on my cycle, i ran out of celery seed and my BP went right up to 150/90 from 130/85. got back on and it was back down almost immediately.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i wish 1fast sold celery seed, they sell the other two.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wish 1fast sold celery seed, they sell the other two.
bro, just go to vitamin shoppe.

or, try iherb, where everything is 10% and orders over $20 get shipped for free! (the celery they have is great - probably the most potent i have used as it is standardized for 3nB)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
never heard of iherb, but they do have all three. Are they legit?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
never heard of iherb, but they do have all three. Are they legit?
yes. good deal huh? (note: the standradized stuff costs a little more but you dont need nearly as much)

vitamin shoppe has 100 caps for <$5, but watch out for celery burps with all those caps: not pleasant.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
just ordered from iherb, thanks for the info man.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If you want celery seed in bulk try viable-herbal.com. They have an 8:1 extract in either 1/2 pound powder for $55 or like 300 caps for $50..something like that.

Another herbal contender for both cholesterol and BP control is Arjuna. I'm going to trial this and celery seed during my next cycle.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys for all your help, I really appreciate this. I feel much better now, knowing I can get this under control.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
Garlic pills has helped me a great deal. I used this in conjunction with Hawthorn Berry and CoQ10. I also used a lot of fiber such as Metamucil, Oatmeal in my shake, and Udo's Oil Blend.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about our board sponsors here dudes.
Kalyx

I'm aware our sponsor has celery seed, however they do not have bulk 8:1 celery seed extract..at least the last time I checked.

One can use just plain seeds ground up and capped..I do..but I can tell you that you have to take several grams of it a day religiously and the celery burps get a little overwhelming. lol

An 8:1extract would simply reduce the volume needed and encourage people like me to use it more regularly..particularly on cycle and you could insure that you get enough 3nB to do the job.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
should these supps be taken on an empty stomach or with food.?

Tahq

Awards
My vote goes to Twin Lab BP Control - c12 peptide. It took about a month to fully kick in but I'm sold. My normal BP always stuck around 130-135 over 85 even with clean living and cardio, I was put on BP meds as early as 19 (Yes, that was long ago.), but stopped taking them due to sides.

My BP yesterday was 122 over 63...not to shabby.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
the twin lab stuff is pretty expensive though, 20 bucks for 15 days is quite pricey.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but it WORKS and it works real well.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Glad I found this thread. Some good reading. We need to make stickies out of threads like this.

Nevermind, I see that some stickies are already in the process of being made...

Last edited:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
just to let you guys know. I started this cycle last night, I will let you guys know how this goes.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
just so you all know.....I have been cycling the suggested doses of the following for a little under two weeks.......

c-12 peptide (twin labs)
grapeseed extract
hawthorn berry extract

My blood pressure was around 140/90 and is now 120/80. Thanks for the advice guys!!!!!:box:

Methyl1

Awards
Sweet, glad you got your BP in check bro, that is nothing to take lightly. Looks like you are getting down in the pre hypertension range. Mine was recently 108/58 a few days ago. I need to check it again this weekend to see where im sitting at :)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I mean celery seed extract, not grapeseed.

Methyl1

Awards
isnt pre-hyper 130/80?
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/hbp/hbp/whathbp.htm

Quote from above site:

" A blood pressure level of 140/90 mmHg or higher is considered high. About two-thirds of people over age 65 have high blood pressure. If your blood pressure is between 120/80 mmHg and 139/89 mmHg, then you have prehypertension. This means that you don't have high blood pressure now but are likely to develop it in the future. You can take steps to prevent high blood pressure by adopting a healthy lifestyle. " :)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
120/80 is average but normal is different, that is why Normal is a range and the high end of the range is 140/90