You can't honestly be surprised, right?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your heart is a muscle, don't forget that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A lot of kidney transplants and heart attacks!

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh snap didn' know nasser died...
ffuk those gainz

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not trying to belittle the topic.. But...

Heart failure and kidney failure... Was the trend. Keep blood pressure down. Take the right meds. Do it right. They didnt..

That said, you guys do realize that in 2008, 25% of ALL deaths were from heart failure. Think about that. Does this list of bodybuilding make up 25% of the professional bodybuilding circuit? If it does, then deaths caused by steroid use would be considered statistically insignificant because these guys are dying at the same pace as the general public with the same type of death...

You've got to look at this from more than one angle. Steroids are dangerous. But we know exactly why they are and we have drugs, diets and supps that address each of those issues. Get informed.

And the 55 yr old major medical issues.. My dad, who did not take steroids or even lift weights ever, had a quadruple-bypass surgery at 59. So there is that.

A bit of fear-mongering in that article.

If it turns out that 50% of bodybuilders die from heart failure, then maybe we have something to ponder. Many of the examples given in that article were men who were 275+ lbs. we know that type of weight is hard of specifically the heart and kidneys.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I'm not trying to belittle the topic.. But...

Heart failure and kidney failure... Was the trend. Keep blood pressure down. Take the right meds. Do it right. They didnt..

That said, you guys do realize that in 2008, 25% of ALL deaths were from heart failure. Think about that. Does this list of bodybuilding make up 25% of the professional bodybuilding circuit? If it does, then deaths caused by steroid use would be considered statistically insignificant...

You've got to look at this from more than one angle. Steroids are dangerous. Hut we know exactly why they are and we have drugs, diets and supps that address each of those issues. Get informed.

And the 55 yr old major medical issues.. My dad, who did not take steroids or even lift weights ever, had a quadruple-bypass surgery at 59. So there is that.

A bit of fear-mongering in that article.
Totally. Just a bit of an eye opener.

But you're right. Dudes were probably stacking 8 compounds at a time with hardly any breaks.

A little different than someone running 12 weeks of test E and sust and taking 6 months off

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
These last two posts say what I wanted to but better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeSumthin Training Forum 9
thebigt Supplements 30
Nutrition / Health 4
Supplements 10
mixedup Anabolics 4