Injection Sites

abilene310

Awards
Thinking of starting a new cycle and have mostly pinned in the glute. Last time, though it got pretty tender. I know other people do the shoulder or the quad. Does anybody have a preference? Pinning in a new site makes me anxious...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I pin in only the quad and shoulder, couldn't imagine having to sit in class with a sore ass

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thinking of starting a new cycle and have mostly pinned in the glute. Last time, though it got pretty tender. I know other people do the shoulder or the quad. Does anybody have a preference? Pinning in a new site makes me anxious...
You can try the shoulders and lats if your really needing places or quads.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You can try the shoulders and lats if your really needing places or quads.
I honestly enjoy quads more than delts, delts will hurt like a mofo or a day or two or more for me

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I honestly enjoy quads more than delts, delts will hurt like a mofo or a day or two or more for me
Are you aspirating? Do you move a little while pinning? I love the delts I just make sure it's under 2mg of whatever I'm pinning. I've honestly never tried the quad.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you aspirating? Do you move a little while pinning? I love the delts I just make sure it's under 2mg of whatever I'm pinning. I've honestly never tried the quad.
I don't asprirate and I keep the syringe pretty still and I keep my shoulder pretty relaxed. Not sure why it hurts so much for me. Quads will be sore but with where I pin the soreness doesn't impact my movement at all.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I always go with quads. No need to aspirate and least PIP.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't asprirate and I keep the syringe pretty still and I keep my shoulder pretty relaxed. Not sure why it hurts so much for me. Quads will be sore but with where I pin the soreness doesn't impact my movement at all.
I guess it would be worth a shot, lol. Have you tried the lat, pretty painless and easy? I was just asking to make sure you had a steady hand and no added movements.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I guess it would be worth a shot, lol. Have you tried the lat, pretty painless and easy? I was just asking to make sure you had a steady hand and no added movements.
I haven't yet, seems like a complicated place to hit but I might try it next go around.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lats ftw

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How exactly do you pin there? What's your procedure for reaching back there? Seems hella complicated
Lift one arm up above your head and use your other arm to grab your lat. Pin right there.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20161101_064342-480x853.jpg

Here's an example with a pen lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems like you need a fair amount of gains there first out it's gonna hurt like a mofo
I barely feel it tbh. There should be plenty of muscle back there for you. You have multiple injection spots up and down your lat too. Just be careful of blood vessels, there's lots of them the closer to the armpit you get!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I barely feel it tbh. There should be plenty of muscle back there for you. You have multiple injection spots up and down your lat too. Just be careful of blood vessels, there's lots of them the closer to the armpit you get!
Do you aspirate or just hope and pray?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you aspirate or just hope and pray?
Never aspirate. Never pray, just like to think I know my body and know what I'm doing. Never had any issues. The problem with aspirating is it causes you to move the needle around, not only does this cause more pip but you will also never inject into the exact same spot you aspirated in leaving you with the exact same situation as if you hadn't aspirated.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never aspirate. Never pray, just like to think I know my body and know what I'm doing. Never had any issues. The problem with aspirating is it causes you to move the needle around, not only does this cause more pip but you will also never inject into the exact same spot you aspirated in leaving you with the exact same situation as if you hadn't aspirated.
I have some freckles that are in the perfect places for injections in the quads xD

I'll try the lats out on Friday, I'm pretty lean so I have a decent idea of where my veins are cause I can see them.