AI's and female weight gain (Cancer survivors)

sespress

Awards
So this may be off topic but I was hoping someone would know about it being it deals with compounds we as anabolic users are familiar with.

I have a friend. In her mid 60's who survived stage 2 breast cancer 2 years ago. She was fit at the time. 160lb's and 6'2". After a mastectomy she was put on Arimidex and told she needs to take it for the rest of her life. She has in 2 years gained 50lb's, and the weight gain shows no end, continuing to this day. Her dose is high enough that her estrogen levels are bottomed out. Postmenopause factored in and all. So joint dryness, muscle pains, make it impossible for her to exercise. I bought her some TRX bands but she has terrible problems even getting out of bed or walking up stairs.

So my question is this. What can she do about the weight gain, the joint and muscle pain, etc... She was interested in the MK I was taking as it and the anabolic compounds I was taking appear to have fixed my post car accident joint problems and I am recomp nicely. I told her that I didn't think it was a good idea AT ALL to mess with growth hormones in case cancer cells responded.

Are there any supplements like fish oils or even cortisol inhibitors that might help? She will of course run it all by her oncologists before trying. Many hours of internet research have only yeilded discouraging posts from women in the same boat who have not found relief and information that the drug "does not cause weight gain". Which is horse crap. It obviously does.

I'm about to recommends kratom for pain so she can exercise, but it looks like exercise and diet will not stop the gain, only prevent (some) of any new adipose fat. All of her weight is held on the belly. Which is why cortisol comes to mind.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has information.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tell her talk to her Drs about another drug. No one in there right mind would sugg anything for someone who survived cancer and still has to be on the medications bc her Drs are worried about reoccurrence. The issue is hormone levels but that can't be touched.

sespress

Awards
I understand. She's done that I'm not asking anyone to tell us what to do here. Add I said she's going to run everything by her oncologists before changing anything. But some times these doc you need to say "hey what about. ...." And that gets them thinking. These guys can be really callous / indifferent in thier approach and very very sure of themselves.

Anyways thanks for being the one to write back. I told her I'd try to get information but that this was not really the place. Just trying to help out a friend.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I understand. She's done that I'm not asking anyone to tell us what to do here. Add I said she's going to run everything by her oncologists before changing anything. But some times these doc you need to say "hey what about. ...." And that gets them thinking. These guys can be really callous / indifferent in thier approach and very very sure of themselves.

Anyways thanks for being the one to write back. I told her I'd try to get information but that this was not really the place. Just trying to help out a friend.
I would expect them to have to have no idea of what she may ask about supplement wise which they will most likely say no. Seriously this is the worst place for this topic. Tell her to try life extension or something.