injection question/concern?

Blacksissiors

Awards
so this morning i went to do my injections and the first one, test prop in the quad, was fine. Then the second one was npp in the same quad about a half inch to an inch to the left of the first injection. There was a little prick and i didn't think anything of it, aspirated and no blood. When i pulled the syringe out blood instantly started to pool out of the injection site and now there is a small zip like bump where i injected and it is tender. any thoughts?

thanks in advanced

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Probably passed through a vein, you'll live bro.

Bump is probably caused by blood pooled in the "hole" the needle made. It'll disperse over a few days and you'll be alright. Also depends on the size of the needles you were using.

Blacksissiors

Awards
Probably passed through a vein, you'll live bro.

Bump is probably caused by blood pooled in the "hole" the needle made. It'll disperse over a few days and you'll be alright. Also depends on the size of the needles you were using.
I was using 23 gauge. is there anything i can do in the future to prevent this?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was using 23 gauge. is there anything i can do in the future to prevent this?
In pretty new to pinning, but from what I've learned personally it's hit or miss. You won't die from it tho just try to find a spot where you know you won't hit anything. Takes practice. Same with not hitting nerves, you just learn over time.

Also 23g isn't that big, but you could try like 25g next time you buy pins but it honestly won't make much of a difference.

Edit: If you're really worried about hitting a vein you could try some place less vascular like the delts till you're accustom to pinning.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Why'd you do two seperate pins in the first place?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I guess if it's only 1ml syringe.

I really don't even recommend aspirating lol it causes more movement and issues than anything.
I don't aspirate lol unless it's in my leg then I might if I move spots. But where I hit now I have no problems with veins

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will be pinning for the first time myself in a few days so this thread is perfect timing!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will be pinning for the first time myself in a few days so this thread is perfect timing!
Keep the syringe straight as possible, don't move it around too much. Make sure you're injecting warm oil not cold, makes a huge difference the next day in terms of PIP (for me at least). After you inject leave the needle in the area for 15ish seconds after, helps prevent leaking.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you really probably shouldn't pin in the legs.. its risky and even nurses are taught not to shoot the quads.

Blacksissiors

Awards
if so, he shouldn't have pinned them in the same spot tho either ha
I've been pinning npp and test seperatly and I was just thinking today if it was ok to pin test and npp in the same syringe?

Bnbabt611

Awards
Definitely, especially in a big muscle like the quad. Besides, sometimes prop alone can be a bit harsh and the npp will help dilute. I've pinned 1cc each of tprop and NPP in my delt with no issues, that will make life much easier.