Why Not Get On TRT?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Im 35, just finished my first cycle and am in PCT with the lethargy and bullsh1t that goes along with it...

As I'm waiting to get my HPTA back up and firing on all cylinders, the thought occurs to me to go to an endo with my current sh1tty T levels and get on TRT (if that's what would happen)...

What are the disadvantages of going on TRT? Does it mean I'd be done having kids? I'm just curious as to what the other health implications (if any) would be?

Of course, this is just a passing thought that I'm having and am going to continue my PCT and get back (hopefully) to my baseline. I'm just a lil curious as to what the disadvantages would be to having the t levels of an 18 yr old for the rest of my life...

DTA

DTA

Awards
Hcg and Clomid can help with sperm count. I blast and cruise(self trt at 200mg) and I'm 34. I make sure to keep my cholesterol and bp in order, I donate blood regularly. If I have prostate issues down the line it'll more likely be from my 2 blasts a year, not my cruising. The risks of low testosterone are far worse than the risks of high testosterone imo

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Hcg and Clomid can help with sperm count. I blast and cruise(self trt at 200mg) and I'm 34. I make sure to keep my cholesterol and bp in order, I donate blood regularly. If I have prostate issues down the line it'll more likely be from my 2 blasts a year, not my cruising. The risks of low testosterone are far worse than the risks of high testosterone imo
Prostate health and lipid profile are really the only areas of concern then? Huh...

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
My wife's about to have our 2nd child. I got her pregnant while on TRT. It wouldn't have happened without hCG though.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm wondering what the point of doing a PCT is at my age..

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
DTA... when you finish a blast and return to your 200mg TRT dose, do you feel any lethargy or anything out of whack as your body adjusts to those test levels?

Right now I feel super fcked up in PCT... I'm getting winded while lifting like I'm out of cardio shape, which prob means my lipids are wrecked.. do you notice anything like that from B & C? Also, how's your prostate? Any urinary probs? Sorry if these are such elementary questions just wanna learn..

DTA

DTA

Awards
DTA... when you finish a blast and return to your 200mg TRT dose, do you feel any lethargy or anything out of whack as your body adjusts to those test levels?

Right now I feel super fcked up in PCT... I'm getting winded while lifting like I'm out of cardio shape, which prob means my lipids are wrecked.. do you notice anything like that from B & C? Also, how's your prostate? Any urinary probs? Sorry if these are such elementary questions just wanna learn..
I usually blast at 500 test and throw in deca and maybe something else and yeah there's a drop back to normal but I don't get that massive crash you get when you come off. It takes about 2 weeks into my cruise before I notice anything and another 2 weeks after that I'm use to it and feel fine. Strength goes down but nothing like when you pct. At our age trt makes sense. The recovery gets worse as we get older and it's nice to feel pretty damn good all year

DTA

DTA

Awards
And I haven't had prostate problems yet. I take 450mg of saw palmetto ed on a blast. Who knows if it's helping but it's cheap and I haven't read anything to make me afraid that it'll hurt me

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
How long should I wait to get bloods after PCT to see if my test is still low?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Just keep in mind it can take anywhere up to 4 weeks for the pesky clomid isomer to clear.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
So when do you normally get your post PCT bloods done?
In the past straight after...now, Im thinking straight after and maybe 6-8 weeks down the line (barring any major issues).

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
In the past straight after...now, Im thinking straight after and maybe 6-8 weeks down the line (barring any major issues).
I'm done with clomid on Wednesday and was gonna continue exem 12.5 e3d for another 2 wks. Should I wait till I'm done with exem or try and get in shortly after I'm done with clomid?

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not listening to you a couple months back about getting baselines.... it's such a btch out here. I might actually just go through my dr..

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I'm done with clomid on Wednesday and was gonna continue exem 12.5 e3d for another 2 wks. Should I wait till I'm done with exem or try and get in shortly after I'm done with clomid?

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not listening to you a couple months back about getting baselines.... it's such a btch out here. I might actually just go through my dr..
Personally, Im basing my timeframe on wanting to wait for all hormonal drugs to clear, and then allowing for at least some "natural" homeostatic time. Hopefully that will give me a more accurate idea of how I am post-cycle and PCT.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
General bro rule you often hear advised is to get bloods a month after you stop all your chemicals (be they a SERM or AI), for the exact reason Mayan just mentioned.

IF I get bloods done, that's the only time I care about unless I want a baseline pull directly prior to the cycle or wanted to see exactly what was going on at a particular point in the cycle.