Confused with SARMS

SmallRich

Awards
Hi there I'm new to the forum scene so please be gentle here as I'm not dead set on SARMS but considering running a cycle of Osta Elite by focused nutrition.
Thinking of doing a 6 week cycle followed by Epicat max by black stone labs.
I'm 43 years old and am having trouble shifting a bit of excess body fat.
I have read a million forums and honestly it has confused me a bit.
My cardio side of things isn't the best as I have suffered a lot accidents over the last 5 years.
I have been back in the gym for the last 6 months solid and have been hitting my targets slowly but the last bit is getting harder to shift.
I'm not a body builder by far but would love to put on a bit of muscle and shred a bit more body fat .
What would the combination of Osta and Epicat achieve.
Please remember I'm a first timer looking down this avenue.
Any good advice would be great thankyou

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
6 months solid is too short to start looking into performance enhancers , even though you are in your 40's. Build back a good base and then look into it, however for your age at the same time you are a prime candidate for testosterone replacement therapy. So there are several different options for you depending on your personal goals , money , health , etc

SmallRich

Awards
Personal goals are just really for self confidence.
The money side is fairly limited as I have spent more time recovering from a work accident.
I'm fairly healthy as such but seem to hit more plateus these days.
Hormone replacement would be the way to go but it's just not in the budget at this point.
I'm not planning on being huge just a manageable size. I liked the look of Osta as its a pretty simple thing with out a lot of dramas.
Would like to just have that edge to make me feel good again

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
6 months solid is too short to start looking into performance enhancers , even though you are in your 40's. Build back a good base and then look into it, however for your age at the same time you are a prime candidate for testosterone replacement therapy. So there are several different options for you depending on your personal goals , money , health , etc
I agree with Joedoubledose, 6 months is too short of a time to be back in the gym to start looking at SARM type Enhancers. If you can't get on TRT right now I'd look at some Natty Supps...

Test Boosters, to help with building muscle and give you a confidence boost
(PerforMax Labs AlphaMax XT)
Pre-Workouts, to give you that extra edge in the gym
(OL's Conqu3r Unleashed and PerforMax Labs' Hyperamax Are Popular Pre's Right Now)
Fat Burners, to help you shred a bit more body fat
(L-Carnitine, Yohimbe, Green Coffee Bean Extract, ECA Stacks etc)

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
InItForGainz and Joedoubledose gave some solid information. I would definitely look into what they suggested. Performance enhancers definitely have their place in a training program, but like mentioned above they shouldn't be used so early in your training phase. Let us know what you decide, plenty of people here with knowledge that are willing to lend a helpful hand!

SmallRich

Awards
Thanks guys , I have read a lot on these forums and have finally joined tonight.
It was just a thought I was throwing around.
I have used pre workouts before and they really don't agree with me, too stimulating.
I know I'm really a long way off of where I want to be and where I should be.
After so many knock downs It's getting harder to push myself as hard as I want to.
I put in the hard yards but just not seeing the results.
I will take it all on board thankyou all for the advice and I will keep reading and learning for now.
Great site with plenty of info !!

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys , I have read a lot on these forums and have finally joined tonight.
It was just a thought I was throwing around.
I have used pre workouts before and they really don't agree with me, too stimulating.
I know I'm really a long way off of where I want to be and where I should be.
After so many knock downs It's getting harder to push myself as hard as I want to.
I put in the hard yards but just not seeing the results.
I will take it all on board thankyou all for the advice and I will keep reading and learning for now.
Great site with plenty of info !!
Happy to help.
Could always try a Stim Free Pre-Workout.
OL's Conqu3r Unleashed has a stim free version and PerforMax Labs has a stim free Pre-Workout called VasoMax.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Grab some NO3 man that will def boost your confidence while you have a pump going on. You get some massive muscle pumps while using stuff like that. I take it when I'm going to the gym and I know I have a date later with a woman. It's obviously not permanent but I use it as saying "wow my arms/pecs/legs/back looks massive today, few more months of solid training tho and this will be my new normal"

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Another bit of advice would be to check your diet. I am not saying you eat bad, I dont know how you eat or how you dont eat, but a so so diet wont come close to an on point diet in terms of gains and muscle composition. Try meal prepping out all your meals if you dont already. I take literally all day sunday to cook all my meals thru wednesday and then wednesday after dinner I cook Thurs/Fri meals and have plenty of time to cook fresh on saturday then repeat everything the following day. Diet is everything, it's more important then the supplements you're taking and your training program. Hope this helps you!

SmallRich

Awards
I do all my meal preps and hit my macros and have a big variety of fruits and veg too.
Always been hard to put on size all my life.
Up till about 25 I was always 80 kg at 6 ft 4
Now I'm 43 and 100 kg average build.
I might investigate more into the diet and see what comes up plus I think a round of bloods might be worth looking at too.
I really think the test levels are low as I just don't have that drive anymore with pretty much everything I do

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
At 40 your test levels have probably dropped yeah

SmallRich

Awards
Yeah mine dropped at about 38, I had a massive work accident and was told I would never function properly, nearly 2 years immobilised really took its toll. Bad food and a lot of alcohol plus pain killers.
Sadly I do feel older these days and fatigue really quickly too.