EXTREMELY sore/painful injection site

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Hey guys just looking for some input. I'm on my first ever cycle of Test E at 250mg 2x a week. Monday was a brand new vial and my first pin in week number 6 of my cycle. It was actually the smoothest and most painless pin I've done so far (right quad). But woke up Tuesday morning in extreme pain from the site. Even worse on Wednesday. I've had soreness before but nothing like this, I can barely walk or even bend my right leg. Its not red on the surface but it's sore to the touch and hard. Any idea what I may have done? It was a brand new vial so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that. Hoping it goes away soon. I'll definalty be skipping legs this week.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Happened to me when I started pinning, did you move the needle too much? I found that was my biggest issue

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Happened to me when I started pinning, did you move the needle too much? I found that was my biggest issue
I thought that too, but this was probably the best pin I have done so far. Painless and didn't move the needle at all. That's why im surprised about this sudden sorness. I know what you're saying tho, last week I twisted to grab my cotton ball and in the process my quad flexed and about busted the needle off. I felt that one for awhile lol. But for barely being able to walk, I'm thinking it's a bigger issue.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Watch for infection, if you can don't use the vial anymore. Might be dirty. Only thing I can think of honestly. I've found painless =/= no pip though. My first pin was painless but I had the most god awful pip

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had it once, pain subsided but left a hard nodule for at least 6 weeks. No idea what has caused it. Nowadays pinning in my delts, no problem so far.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Had it once, pain subsided but left a hard nodule for at least 6 weeks. No idea what has caused it. Nowadays pinning in my delts, no problem so far.
I was considering throwing my delts in the rotation. I always wonder about sorness in the delts. Hell even after a flu shot in the arm I notice it in my workouts

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I pinned in my delts for my first times and the pip was pretty bad, but I was able to work through it. Sleeping on my side was rough, it hurt when I turned over but only for a few seconds and then the pain subsided. I just did quads today for the first time and I've been walking around all day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was considering throwing my delts in the rotation. I always wonder about sorness in the delts. Hell even after a flu shot in the arm I notice it in my workouts
Using 30G/Test-e/250mg x ml/EOD, warming vial under water beforehand, takes awhile to fill- and press, but virtually painless. Next day a little bit sore, like I got a friendly punch to my delt.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Yep, I've done both quads for 5 weeks now and not a problem until I opened that new vial. I'll probably have the gf pin my glutes before I go to the delts.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep, I've done both quads for 5 weeks now and not a problem until I opened that new vial. I'll probably have the gf pin my glutes before I go to the delts.
No lie, glutes scare the **** outta me because I have to twist and I can't watch myself to make sure I'm doing everything right.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
No lie, glutes scare the **** outta me because I have to twist and I can't watch myself to make sure I'm doing everything right.
Luckily for me my girlfriends a nurse so she won't have a problem doing it for me. I probably wouldn't do glutes myself. That's why i like the quads. I get to sit down with everything right in front of me.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Luckily for me my girlfriends a nurse so she won't have a problem doing it for me. I probably wouldn't do glutes myself. That's why i like the quads. I get to sit down with everything right in front of me.
You're one of the lucky few who hasn't let the gym take over their life so much that women become repulsed by it.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once upon a time my Quads were great sites. Sore on the first couple, but nothing crazy. Then something changed. Seems like I couldn't find a spot on the right quad where I didn't hit a nerve, pull out, hit another nerve...every time!! And then left quad started turning into horrible crippling PIP.

Moral of the story...Fuk Quads

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Once upon a time my Quads were great sites. Sore on the first couple, but nothing crazy. Then something changed. Seems like I couldn't find a spot on the right quad where I didn't hit a nerve, pull out, hit another nerve...every time!! And then left quad started turning into horrible crippling PIP.

Damn lol hope this doesn't happen to me

castIron09

castIron09

Awards

Only hit a nerve once so far. Not fun but I'd rather hit a nerve every once and a while than have this unbearable quad pain. Leg workouts are literally impossible

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Only hit a nerve once so far. Not fun but I'd rather hit a nerve every once and a while than have this unbearable quad pain. Leg workouts are literally impossible
Honestly where are you pinning? Mine are perfect today unless I physically hit the spot I pinned.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Honestly where are you pinning? Mine are perfect today unless I physically hit the spot I pinned.
About half way up my quad. I usually do the middle finger to thumb trick from the knee cap. I inject from the top not the side. Today I changed it up and went about 4 inches up from the knee. Felt alot better, just as long as it feels good in the morning.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
About half way up my quad. I usually do the middle finger to thumb trick from the knee cap. I inject from the top not the side. Today I changed it up and went about 4 inches up from the knee. Felt alot better, just as long as it feels good in the morning.
I pinned way up towards the top, thumb on hip bone to middle finger gets you pretty close. I pin off towards the outside as well like 45° from the middle to the outside.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys just looking for some input. I'm on my first ever cycle of Test E at 250mg 2x a week. Monday was a brand new vial and my first pin in week number 6 of my cycle. It was actually the smoothest and most painless pin I've done so far (right quad). But woke up Tuesday morning in extreme pain from the site. Even worse on Wednesday. I've had soreness before but nothing like this, I can barely walk or even bend my right leg. Its not red on the surface but it's sore to the touch and hard. Any idea what I may have done? It was a brand new vial so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that. Hoping it goes away soon. I'll definalty be skipping legs this week.
It'll work itself out.
The only thing I'd be worried about is possible infection. Keep an eye out for redness that spreads and is warmer to touch than the other leg.
If it's the same product that you used from first vial than its most likely from the same batch

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
It'll work itself out.
The only thing I'd be worried about is possible infection. Keep an eye out for redness that spreads and is warmer to touch than the other leg.
If it's the same product that you used from first vial than its most likely from the same batch
Yea that's what I've been mostly worried about. So far no redness whatsoever and no noticeable heat. Just inflammation. Glad to know it's probably from the same batch. Was hoping it's not dirty. Thanks boss

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First time pinning quads? I can't pin quads, stupid pip for over a week every time even with a slin pin. Tried a few times and have completely given up on quad injections due to pip and leg swelling.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First time pinning quads? I can't pin quads, stupid pip for over a week every time even with a slin pin. Tried a few times and have completely given up on quad injections due to pip and leg swelling.
Damn man that sucks cause it's such a huge area to pin into.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are they really that good? They scare me ****less just like glutes. Hate not being able to see what I'm doing.
Just pin them in the mirror. They are very easily accessible and easy to pin. My favorite pin site by far

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just pin them in the mirror. They are very easily accessible and easy to pin. My favorite pin site by far
I didn't think about that. I'm rotating between delts and quads. I don't know if that's enough since I'm pinning 3x a week. I'll probably throw in glutes as well for the practice, gotta start somewhere.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
Actually considered pining my lats yesterday. Feel like they would be easier than glutes. I pussed out and went back to the quad though haha

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're twisting that far around, you're doing it wrong. I pin my glutes much more on the side than the rear. Straight down from the hip almost.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give lats a try fellas. Painless to pin and I get practically no pip whatsoever.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're twisting that far around, you're doing it wrong. I pin my glutes much more on the side than the rear. Straight down from the hip almost.
Yep, one handed right on the side. Super easy.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are they really that good? They scare me ****less just like glutes. Hate not being able to see what I'm doing.
Actually considered pining my lats yesterday. Feel like they would be easier than glutes. I pussed out and went back to the quad though haha
If you have decent Lats, it's easy peezy. Put one hand on head and the Lat on that side kind of flares out. Reach over and poke right in the meat of that sum-bitch.

One thing to note though is that with your arm raised like that, it causes a bit of pressure back against the needle. So it kind of wants to push out. Just focus on keeping it buried until it's all in there.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you have decent Lats, it's easy peezy. Put one hand on head and the Lat on that side kind of flares out. Reach over and poke right in the meat of that sum-bitch.

One thing to note though is that with your arm raised like that, it causes a bit of pressure back against the needle. So it kind of wants to push out. Just focus on keeping it buried until it's all in there.
Sweet I'll give them a try Monday instead of repinning delts