Superdrol Log

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
I'll start by introducing myself a bit... I'm 21 years old and I've been lifting since I was 16. I started at a weight of 220 lbs completely out of shape, and my current weight as of this morning is 178 pounds at 5'10" height.

I've never made it above 180 lbs with anything resembling a lean gain. My last 2 bulk cycles resulted in growth nowhere but my stomach. The last time I managed a size gain was February of 2004. I have continually made strength gains but size gains have totally escaped me for over a year now... so I researched hormonal products and decided to give Superdrol a shot.

------------------
My planned cycle
------------------

ON Cycle:

Week 1: 10mg Superdrol
Weeks 2-4: 10-20mg depending on results of 10mg
- Red Yeast Rice (2 caps daily)
- CoQ10 (1 cap daily)
- Policosanol (2 caps daily)
- Milk Thistle (2 caps daily)
- 8 caps fish oil daily
- Hawthorne Berry (2 caps daily)

PCT:

Weeks 1-2: Nolva 40 mg (2 mL) / 30 mg (1.5 mL)
Weeks 3-4: Nolva 20 mg (1 mL) + Rebound XT 50 mg / Nolva 20 mg (1 mL) + Rebound XT 25 mg
Week 5: Rebound XT 25 mg + Protein Factory Unleashed
Weeks 6-8: Finish off PF Unleashed Bottle

- 4 fish oil caps daily

Day 0:

I started with 1 capsule last night (Sunday) around 8:00 PM in order to get some of the chemical in my system.

Day 1 (Dead-Lifts / Shoulders):

Today I took another one at about 3:00 PM and made it to the gym at around 5:30 PM.

I didn't really notice anything today except what I can best describe as a "funny feeling." My workout was not amazing by any means, I matched or went down a smidge from what I did last time I was in the gym. I attribute this to my weekend activities of bending nails -- I do some strong-man things on the side like bending and tearing books and such.

My grip was tired out and this especially hurt my dead-lift where I peaked at 510 lbs and my first down-set of 455 lbs ended at 1 rep due to loss of grip and I stopped the lift there... I would normally also drop to 405 lbs. No feeling of a painful back pump as many have described yet.

Shrugs and DB Rows were right on target as usual. Peaked at 120 lb DBs for shrugs and at 55 lbs DBs for DB Rows (I do these laying on an inclined bench).

Today was my first day to do military press of any kind is MONTHS. I had a cortisone shot 3 weeks ago for my shoulder and have regained the ability to press above my head. I peaked at 60 lbs for 6 reps without pain, I felt like I could have gone higher but was playing it safe due to previous injury.

Tomorrow is chest / lats... maybe it'll be kicking in a little more by then. If I have time I will get body measurements tomorrow as well.

metroGnome

Awards
Hey, looks good.

A question which is somewhat off topic: how is unleashed? Does it work better for you than tribulus? I do not know much about it.

Just from pattern observation, it seems that sesathin is a common thread among those with less impacted lipid profiles. I just ordered some myself; I think that it is back in stock at most providers now.

Some have suggested tapering UP the rebound dosage after starting. Kind of makes sense to me, but to each his own.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Hey, looks good.

A question which is somewhat off topic: how is unleashed? Does it work better for you than tribulus? I do not know much about it.

Just from pattern observation, it seems that sesathin is a common thread among those with less impacted lipid profiles. I just ordered some myself; I think that it is back in stock at most providers now.

Some have suggested tapering UP the rebound dosage after starting. Kind of makes sense to me, but to each his own.
Unleashed works pretty good as far as those type of products go. I felt it more than just Tribulus although I still didn't make any size gains while on it.

I'll look into some Sesathin as well, good idea.

It was also suggested to me to taper it up but I haven't figured out why thats a good idea yet... so I'm going to do more research before doing it that way.

metroGnome

Awards
It was also suggested to me to taper it up but I haven't figured out why thats a good idea yet... so I'm going to do more research before doing it that way.
Good question. If you find some conclusive answer, be sure to post it. My guess would be that Rebound, unlike some other compounds, does not have averse rebound effects (ie stopping immediatly does not cause drastic test fluctuations). Thus tapering it up while tapering nolva down would keep a consistant test level until you simply dropped Rebound at the end of pct. I really do not have much scientific basis for this though.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start indicating how much Superdrol I take each day on my daily logs to make it easier to follow this thread at a later date. I also got my starting measurements this morning.

Starting Measurements:

Right Bicep: 15.25"
Left Bicep:
15"

Right Forearm: 12.75"
Left Forearm: 12.25"

Right Calf: 14.75"
Left Calf: 14.5"

Right Quad: 23.75"
Left Quad: 23"

Chest: 41"

Stomach (around belly button): 35"

Day 2 (Chest / Lats) 10 mG:

My weight was 180 lbs this morning, which is up 2 pounds from yesterday. More than likely this is just a food or water variation.

My workout started out very dissapointing... my bench press and pull-ups were down from the level I was at before I was sick. Bench peaked at 245 for 6 reps (down from 265 for 6) and my third set of pull-ups yielded only 4 reps and 4 partial reps with 35 lbs strapped to me (down from 45 lbs x 4/6).

But... as soon as I hit my third lift, the Hammer Strength Bench machine my energy and intensity came out of nowhere and I matched my level from 2 weeks ago dead on. My final set was 360 lbs x 6 reps + 6 partials.

After that when I hit V-Handle lat pull I was up from before... DB Fly was quite a bit up, peaking at 75 lbs DBs for 6 reps! And then V-Handle lat pull-downs were also a bit up from before.

The gains on the V-Handle lifts were very small, but were there, and really contrast with how I felt at the beginning of the session. But my intensity on DB Fly was very high, I was moving the weights with alot of force under excellent control. It felt very good.

I think that part of my problem was my extended off-time before this week. I had an off week, then I had a cortisone shot which basically ruined my work-outs for another week (I was exausted all week afterwards), then I was sick for the entirety of last week. I'm still recovering and my muscles just aren't raring to go yet... so I suspect by next week I should be reporting some good gains.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 (Cardio) 10 mg:

My weight was up again to 182 pounds this morning. This represents 4 total pounds gained since I started. So maybe it's not just water or food variation... I suppose I'll see if the trend contrinues. FYI, I have not intentionally increased calories for this cycle. I may coincidentally be eating a few more here and there, but no conscious effort has been made to eat more since I'm trying to keep fat gain down to zero.

Anyway... I did cardio today and it went very well. No side effects from the Superdrol, in fact, my pulse seemed a bit lower than it usually is when I do cardio. No other comments about today to speak of.

Tomorrow I'll be doing legs which should yield something to talk about!

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Other Comments:

So far the libido is intact and I haven't noticed any shrinkage effects. I'll definatly notice a decrease in libido since I have a new girlfriend and, well, the libido is called into play quite often.

I know this is important to many of those considering a hormonal cycle so I'll keep tabs on it as I go along.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 (Legs / Abs) 10 mg:

I was up another pound today for a total weight gain of 5 pounds since Monday.

Today went very well. I started with the Squat Press machine (not the sled type, but a squat press). Sets went as follows:

500 x 10 reps
640 x 8 reps
720 x 6 reps / 8 partial reps

Last week I finished up at 700 lbs with the same reps, so this week was a solid gain of 20 pounds. As a note I take my ROM all the way down until my legs are pushing against my body as far as they can go.

Followed it up with leg extensions which ended with 270 lbs x 6 reps with 12 partial reps. Up from the same with 255 lbs last time.

My hamstring curls stayed the same compared to last time. Standing calf raises were roughtly the same.

When I hit the seated ab crunch machine I added another 5 reps for a total of 20 reps with 100 lbs on my third set -- pretty impressive gain. Then on hanging leg raises I was able to do two consecutive sets of 25 where I normally cannot break 20 on the second set.

So far I'm noticing a crazy fast weight gain (Day 4 and I'm up 5 pounds!) and some pretty decent strength gains on a few lifts. The week was off to a rough start as I mentioned earlier but things are only getting better.

Important to note for today is that I did this on a sleep deficit (~6 hours sleep). The aforementioned girlfriend stayed over last night and I tested out the ol' libido, which was very healthy as I suspected. If not even better than usual. So hopefully it stays that way throughout the cycle.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 (Biceps / Triceps) 10 mg:

Let me preface this by saying I went to see Star Wars last night so I only got about 6 hours of sleep AGAIN. So I'm failing to hold up my end up the training bargain this week.

Regardless I'm up yet another pound for a total gain of 6 pounds this week already!

The workout was certainly not bad. I matched almost pound for pound what I did before my off-time if not going up a TINY bit.

I went up a rep on narrow bench-press at the same weight making 245 lbs for 7 reps on my third set.

Everything else was damn near dead-on what I did before my off time which is not half bad considering my lack of sleep the last half of the week.

Fully rested and recovered from my illness last week I expect great things next week. If my weight gains slow down I will move up to 20 mg and I am considering a 20 mg dosage on dead-lift day and leg day anyway just to see how that works out for me.

Over the weekend I'll be dosing 10 mg a day before bed.

Side Effect Comments:

* Very little if any testicular shrinkage so far.

* No decrease in libido still.

* Only 1 zit so far, on the outside of my thigh. Kind of a weird spot to get one, but thats the only one I have to report.

* No other side effects to note. I've been looking for the back pump but I have yet to notice anything in that area out of the ordinary.

DuiLee

Banned
Awards
My planned cycle
------------------

ON Cycle:

Week 1: 10mg Superdrol
Weeks 2-4: 10-20mg depending on results of 10mg
- Red Yeast Rice (2 caps daily)
- CoQ10 (1 cap daily)
- Milk Thistle (2 caps daily)
- 8 caps fish oil daily

Would you mind telling me what dosage you are using for red yeast, CoQ10, and milk thistle. You say 1 cap, 2 caps, etc. but what mg does that translate to?

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
DuiLee,

1) Red Yeast Rice (2 caps daily)
2) CoQ10 (1 cap daily)
3) Policosanol (2 caps daily)
4) Milk Thistle (2 caps daily)
5) 8 caps fish oil daily
6) Hawthorne Berry (2 caps daily)

---

1) 1 Cap = 600 mg (1.2 g daily)
2) 1 Cap = 50 mg (50 mg daily)
3) 1 Cap = 10 mg (20 mg daily)
4) 1 Cap = 300 mg (600 mg daily)
5) 1 Cap = 1000 mg (8 g daily)
6) 1 Cap = 550 mg (1.1 g daily)

---

I am using NOW Foods Brand for Milk Thistle (which is blended with Dandelion and Artichoke), Policosanol, and Hawthorn Berry. My Red Yeast Rice I found at Wal-Mart under the Rexall brand, Coq10 also from WM under the Spring Valley Brand. My Fish Oil is the Walgreens store brand which is great since they offer Buy 1 Get 1 Free on their house brands.

My Coq10 is probably a bit under-dosed since it's the most expensive thing in the cycle. But I figured some is better than none and combined with my other items I should be in good shape.

---

Day 6 (Saturday, off day) 10 mg:

No unwanted side-effects noted today. It's my off day so I have nothing from the gym to report and I also do not have a scale to update my weight.

DuiLee

Banned
Awards
Thank you thanatopsis. Glad I asked becaused the brands I'm using have signicantly different dosages per capsule.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Updates:

On Cycle:

- Green Tea Extract (300 mg, 50% standardized + 500 mg unstandardized) : Sundown Brand -- started today just for general health purposes but I'm keeping it my log for reference.

- Bromelain (500 mg with my three biggest meals): NOW Foods Brand -- on order, starting later this week. I'm hoping this will help with protein digestion and might assist in lean mass gains.

PCT:

- Fenungreek (500 mg x 4 before bed): NOW Foods Brand -- on order, to be taken for first 25 days of PCT after reading the results for PCT posted on this forum.

----

Day 7 (Sunday, off day) 10 mg:

Still nothing to report side-effect wise. Zero libido reduction after a full week on the product, seems like a good deal after reading about the problems caused by products such as M1T. I haven't noticed any more zits, no lethargy, no bloating, and nothing else out of the ordinary.

I'm hoping to see a few more pounds on the scale on Monday after my nice restful weekend. I crammed in 11 hours of sleep last night hoping to make up for my lack thereof the last bit of last week.

To re-iterate my weight went from 178 lbs to 184 lbs between Monday and Friday of last week for a total gain of 6 pounds in a mere 5 days.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 (Dead-Lifts / Shoulders) 10 mg:

My weight is up again bringing me to 185 lbs for a total gain of 7 pounds since starting my cycle. I'm going to try 20 mg tomorrow and see what happens.

Dead-Lifts are still not back up to my pre off-time levels. This is really quite confusing...

Pre-Off / Today:
225 x 4 / 225 x 6
315 x 2 / 315 x 3
405 x 1 / 405 x 1
455 x 1 / 455 x 1
500 x 1 / 500 x 1
455 x 3 / 455 x 2
405 x 5 / 405 x 2

I'm really not sure what is going on there... but I seriously pulled up 500 lbs today with alot more authority than I was doing before... BUT I fell flat on my face after 2 reps on my remaining sets with no explanation in sight.

Oddly enough I was up on my other lifts. Up 5 lbs and 2 reps on chest supported inclined DB Rows on my third set. Up 10 lbs, 5 lbs, 5 lbs, on sets 1, 2, and 3 respectively on DB Shoulder Presses. Weight stayed the same on DB Shrugs but I was able to get 2 extra partials on my set with 120 lbs and I was able to perform all sets with greater control than last week.

Side Effects Report:

I got a nice sized zit on my neck below my jaw bone on the right side. Other than that no new sides to report.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Day 8 (Dead-Lifts / Shoulders) 10 mg:

My weight is up again bringing me to 185 lbs for a total gain of 7 pounds since starting my cycle. I'm going to try 20 mg tomorrow and see what happens.

Dead-Lifts are still not back up to my pre off-time levels. This is really quite confusing...
Be patient. Strenght gains come after mass gains.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 (Chest / Lats) 20 mg:

My weight stayed the same from yesterday, still 185 pounds -- so I upped my dosage to 20 mg.

My flat bench is up from last week but STILL down from where it was before my 3-week lay off period, I went up by 5 pounds to 250 pounds on my third set for 8 reps (compared to 6 reps last week with 245 lbs).

Due to unavailabilty of machines I traded Pull-Ups for the Hammer Strength Iso DY Lat Pull and I traded Narrow Lat Pull-Downs for the Hammer Iso Pull-Down. So I cannot compare strength to last week but I felt like I did very well on them.

Hammer Iso-Bench stayed dead even with last week... but after this is where it gets weird.

I hit DB Fly and blasted out the following:

50s x 10
65s x 8
80s x 7
90s x 4

I felt so strong I went for a fourth set... last week it was 50 x 10, 65 x 8, and then 75 x 6 and I was pretty much spent. So just like yesterday after I got into the workout I started making gains whereas early on I'm dead even or down.

In fact I felt SO strong on my chest at that point I pumped out 3 sets of 6 reps with 100 lb DBs on flat Dumbbell Bench Press after my Narrow Lat-Pulls (up 5 lbs per set from last week).

So my strength gains seem to be give and take on-cycle so far. It seems I'm losing early-on strength but gaining tremendous power later on in the workout. DB Fly was a good hour into the workout!

Side Effect Report:

I was very irritated last night for a few hours. I got cut off in traffic and I honestly wanted to hit the guy. Normally I'm VERY easy going and chilled out but I was pretty pissed off last night, in fact my co-workers asked me if I was in a bad mood all day yesterday. I was pretty much pissed off until the girlfriend came over and I once again tested the libido -- that totally changed my mood. A foul mood like that is pretty much unheard of for me especially since nothing was wrong, so it must be boosted test.

Noticing some more very minor acne, mainly on my thigh area (odd place IMHO).

No other sides to report except suspected joint dryness. I'm not sure if this is related but my right knee feels a bit off and my shoulders are a bit more sensitive than normal. Might look into Glucosamine / MSM / Celadrin as soon as I can get it.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 (Off Day) 20 mg:

I'm up another pound bringing me to 186 pounds and a total weight gain of 8 pounds, so my average rate of gain is 1.25 pounds per day -- not too shabby if you ask me especially considering I'm not purposely eating more calories.

Feeling like it's pretty much lean gains so far. Told my girlfriend that I'm bulking and she commented that she thought my stomach actually looked a bit smaller. So hopefully it turns out in the measurements (I'll hold off until the cycle is over to re-measure).

Side Effect Comments:

Still not noticing any libido loss, has this really been a problem with anyone?

Skin is noticeably more oily already after upping to 20 mg.

Minor shrinkage noted, it's barely noticeable at this point. Certainly nothing dramatic to cause worry. I'm glad I decided to add Fenungreek to my PCT regardless.

My core felt a little tight today. This might be the "pump effect" kicking in that many people describe. I guess I'll really know next Monday when I hit dead-lifts again.

Other things I forgot to mention earlier:

I'm taking some supps not listed in my original post, but I have been taking them for a while and decided not to change my regimen so I could tell if Superdrol was the culprit for any gains / losses / oddity.

Here is the rest of the list:
- Dymatize Xpand (with workout)
- BSN No-Xplode (with lunch)
- Diesel Fuel (with breakfast and at 2:00)
- Multi-Vitamin x 2 (cheap Walgreens)
- Calcium Citrate
- Valerian Root (to help me get rest)

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
nice log

Excellent log thanatopsis. One of the best I've seen, and I've looked at a bunch. Unlike a lot of those I've seen you def have it together. Did you ever find anything about ramping up the RXT dosage during PCT as opposed to tapering it down?​

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
psulifter,

Thanks for the compliments, I have done my research and continue to do more to ensure my continued health during and after my cycle. I'm hoping that my log can help other people shorten their research time :thumbsup:

I have contacted Designer Supplements regarding the issue of tapering up or down RXT during PCT. I will post their answer when I receive something in return.

It is my current thought that tapering it down makes more sense since your bodies natural testosterone production should have begun to recover and that you would want to wean it off any supplementary aids. I suppose time will tell when I get my response from DS!

Possible PCT Update II:

I've been looking into the possibility of adding a bottle of Lean Extreme on top of my existing PCT regimen. I intend to research this further in order to decide whether it is worth the extra money.

metroGnome

Awards
One comment/observation...assuming NO explode is a nitrous oxide booster, I am supprised that you are not having a problem with the "pumps", especially after going to 20mg. I have heard of others taking taurine to combat this, which might be helpful to have on hand if this become and issue. Just my ramblings...

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
metroGnome,

No-Xplode is a pump product as is Dymatize Xpand (although Xpand also has Taurine in it). I'll talk about the pump issue in my post about today, actually.

Day 11 (Legs / Abs) 20 mg:

Weight is still 186 pounds today.

I had my first experience with the pumping problem today. But my pump issue isn't with my lower back or shoulders like I've seen with other people -- I'm getting it in the main bottom of my abs. It's not etremely painful but it did stop me from doing my hanging leg raises today. I may go back to 10 mg on days where I will be utilizing alot of core.

On a positive note my squat press is up another 20 pounds AND an addition rep for 740 lbs x 7 reps on my top set. I felt like I might have been able to handle a little bit more than that, I'll try to aim for 760 pounds next week.

Leg Extension stayed the same mainly because I can't fit any more weight on the machine. I think I should probably switch to doing it one leg at a time starting next week.

I can't compare my weight on the Hamstring Machine this week to last week. I changed my form based on some advice I read in Muscular Developement's article about Dexter Jackson. With almost 100 pounds less weight I felt quite a bit more "worked out" on the hams with WAY less strain on my knees.

I did manage to do the ab crunch machine where I added yet another five reps on my top set making it 100 lbs for 25 reps. As mentioned earlier at this point I had a crazy pump in my lower abs so I didn't move on to hanging leg raises.

I totally changed my calf workout as well so it's not directly comparable, but I did feel very strong on it this week.

Other Things to Note:

I have not heard back from DS yet about tapering up or down the RXT.

My diet was SLIGHTLY different today in that I didn't have my pre-workout bananna, instead I had a bagel. This may be part of the reason for my pump due to my lack of the extra potassium from the bananna.

I started the Bromelain yesterday. When I took it with my No-Xplode at lunch it seemed to enhance the effect. I didn't imagine it would do anything of the sort since it's just a digestive enzyme. Wondering if anyone else has done the same and can confirm this effect?

Side Effects Update:

Not much to report except the first encounter with the pump problem today.

The shrinkage effect seems to have increased slightly as well, although it's still only noticeable to me -- the girlfriend hasn't been able to notice.

SeaHawk22

Awards
"Here is the rest of the list:
- Dymatize Xpand (with workout)
- BSN No-Xplode (with lunch)
- Diesel Fuel (with breakfast and at 2:00)
- Multi-Vitamin x 2 (cheap Walgreens)
- Calcium Citrate
- Valerian Root (to help me get rest)"

I am not sure if i am understanding you correctly, but you might try taking the no-xplode without food. I.E you mentioned you took it with lunch. Just food for thought no pun intended.

SeaHawk22

oh keep up the log, great work :goodpost:

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
SeaHawk22,

I drink the No-Xplode after I finish eating. I use the product for it's energy effect to help me stay at peak efficiency throughout the work day -- it does well for this intended purpose. It would probably be faster acting without food I'm sure, but it does well for me as it is.

I'm not dissatisfied with it by any means. The only thing that has me confused about it so far is the seemingly synergistic reaction with Bromelain. It seemed to act way faster and way stronger when I took it with the Bromelain. It almost felt like I had just taken an Ephedra product.

PS: Thanks for the encouragement, I hope to keep the log all the way until the end of my PCT.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
eating with an NO product doesn't slow it down, it doesn't let the NO work. food and the NO compete for the same receptors so you dont absorb all of it.

though i took my NO product with me preworkout shake and it worked fine for me. other report, along with many studies that it need to be taken on an empty stomach.

nice log BTW.

IntensePump

IntensePump

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cutting Fish Oil for PCT

Why did you cut your fish oil intake by 50% for PCT? Thanks.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Why did you cut your fish oil intake by 50% for PCT? Thanks.
I haven't done it yet but mainly it's just to save myself from downing 8 caps of fish oil a day. Although it's still up for change since I'm not to the point of PCT yet. I may stick with 8 caps a day after doing more reading since my initial post about the lipid destruction.

Day 12 (Biceps / Triceps) 20 mg:

My weight is up 1 more pound since I started bringing me to 187 pounds, which is a 9 pound gain. Still feeling quite lean at this point.

Started with narrow flat bench:

Last Week / This Week
175 x 10 / 185 x 10
210 x 8 / 225 x 8
245 x 7 / 245 x 5

My spotter was missing today (he's on vacation) so I played it safe on the last set, but as you can see I increased my first two sets with a negligable drop in the third -- I feel like I could have made 7 if I had a spotter to watch me.

I took out chin-ups and replaced it with straight barbell standing curls and did 70 x 10, 80 x 8, 80 x 8 all sets with very strict form and a fluid movement without pauses. I feel like I could have gone higher but the pump I had from bench was hindering my movement (more on this later).

I matched my dips from last week dead-on, again, the pump was holding me back at this point or I would have slightly edged out last week.

Next I moved onto Incline Hammer Curls:

Last Week / This Week
35 x 10 / 35 x 10
40 x 8 / 40 x 8
45 x 6(7) / 45 x 8(6)

I moved up 2 reps on my heavy set and only lost one partial rep. These were almost painful to complete due to the pump, but I felt very strong.

I was up 10 lbs on my final set on reverse grip tricep extensions.

When I hit straight bar cable machine curls I matched the first two sets from last week and bypassed the third set due to the massive pump.

I threw in two moderate weight sets of reverse grip bench at the end: 135 x 10 and 185 x 5 reps.

Side Effect Notes:

As you saw above the pumps I got today were pretty intense and actually prevented me from doing some things. I'm going to throttle back my dosage to 10mg a day for the weekend and perhaps for the rest of the duration of my cycle. I really didn't notice any accelerated weight gain with 20mg in comparison so I don't think it's worth it.

I'm still feeling like my joints might be drying up a little bit. I had some pain around my elbows today, which subsided about 30 minutes after I left the gym so it might just be pump related. I should be able to tell next week when I go back to 10mg.

No other new side effects to note.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Side Effect Notes:

As you saw above the pumps I got today were pretty intense and actually prevented me from doing some things. I'm going to throttle back my dosage to 10mg a day for the weekend and perhaps for the rest of the duration of my cycle. I really didn't notice any accelerated weight gain with 20mg in comparison so I don't think it's worth it.
Yeah, thats what happened to me and what i did. I'm pretty sure that the gains will continue for u too :)

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Days 13, 14, and 15 (Off Days) 10 mg:

Throttled back down to 10 mg for the weekend, and I'm going to leave it there for the remainder of the cycle. The dull pump that stuck around in my lower abs is gone now so I suspect I won't have any more pump issues when I get back in the gym tomorrow.

This Monday (Day 15) is an off day since it's a holiday and I'm at my parents house. I'll probably cut out my cardio day to retain all of my lifting days when I get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what the scale reads tomorrow, I'm hoping for another pound to bring me to an even 10.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Status Update:

If my weight gain stays slow like it was last week I am going to cut the cycle off at day 21 just to keep my lipid damage minimalized. I've already gained 9+ pounds and I don't want to be greedy and damage my body.

This size gain is pretty amazing since I went a year without any measureable size gains. A friend of mine told me that she thought I looked bigger (without me asking, she immediatly noticed), since the last time she saw me was a few days before I started my cycle. So that already has me feeling like it's done well for me. I'm excited to see what the tape measure says when my cycle is completed!

I want to see if I can get some blood work done when PCT is completed so I can see if everything registers normally. Unfortunatly I didn't get a baseline done before I started the cycle. But at the least my post-PCT numbers should look pretty decent if all went well.

JeffGP

Awards
Nice gains. Im jealous as hell..Im on day 12, not seeing **** for gains here. Been at 20mg a day since day 7, and nothing.

Good luck, hope you hit 10+lbs!!!!

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 (Chest / Lats) 10 mg:

Weight is still at 187 pounds keeping my total gains at 9 pounds for the cycle. Perhaps I didn't eat enough over the weekend or I'm just hitting a wall for this cycle. At this point I'm about 99% sure I'll cut it off at 21 days.

The work-out was good, though!

I replaced Flat Bench with DB Bench, check out this comparison:

Last Week (Flat) / This Week (DBs, each):

185 x 10 / 100 x 10
225 x 8 / 110 x 8
250 x 8 / 120 x 6

I don't know about you guys but I wonder why my DB Bench is damn near the same as my Flat Bench. Either way I felt really strong on DB Bench today, I almost went for a set with 130s but decided against it.

Wide Grip Pull-Ups... last time I did those was two weeks ago:

Two Weeks Ago / Today:

0 lbs x 10 / 0 lbs x 10
25 lbs x 7 / 25 lbs x 8
35 lbs x 4(3) / 35 lbs x 6(4)

So I made gains on set two of 1-rep and on set three I gained 2 reps AND a partial rep! Not too shabby.

The Hammer Iso-Lateral bench was taken so I swapped it out for the crappy Cybex Bench Machine. The stack goes to "20" and I did 15 x 10, 16 x 8, 17 x 6 on that. It felt pretty strange and not natural at all... won't ever use it again.

Narrow Lat Pulls made a good gain as well:

Last Week / This Week:
140 x 10 / 140 x 10
155 x 8 / 165 x 8
170 x 6(6) / 170 x 10(6)

I added a very impressive 4 reps on this one, I was really quite suprised at that outcome.

DB Fly was very close to last week, I lose one rep on set 3 making 80s x 6 but gained a rep on set 4 making 90s x 5 reps. I felt like it was more difficult this week, but I still did very well despite lacking the explosive feeling from last week.

I kept the Hammer-Iso Lat Pull-Down that I did last week and made good gains:

Last Week / This Week:

140 x 10 / 180 x 10
180 x 8 / 200 x 8
200 x 6(8) / 210 x 6(10)

Some of the gains are just getting used to the machine last week since I never really use it, but I felt stronger too.

Then I called it a day.

Side Effects / Other Notes:

I was really hungry today while lifting... I'm not sure why since I ate a ton today. Maybe my body needs even more calories than that -- I'll feed it more tomorrow and see if I can top 10 lbs gained by day 21.Noticing more acne, have a pimple on my chest and some more on my thighs. Only have had one on my face so far during the cycle, not too bad.

Shrinkage has increased although it's still not what I would consider major. I am kind of relived that I decided to end at day 21, though, since I feel that if I went past that I would be very suppressed and/or experience unwanted side effects.

No more unwanted pumps today. My chest got pumped, but not TOO pumped like I was getting on 20 mg.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Nice gains. Im jealous as hell..Im on day 12, not seeing **** for gains here. Been at 20mg a day since day 7, and nothing.

Good luck, hope you hit 10+lbs!!!!

I experience gains IMMEDIATLY if you read back on my log, 2 lbs after my first day lifting, then another 2 lbs the next day -- it was nuts. Only on 10 mg.

You may be a hardcore non-responder if 20mg is doing nothing, best of luck figuring out your cycle!

chrisrico

chrisrico

Awards
Good log man, be sure to report back and tell us what your weight is after 1-2 months. I'm curious to know if the immediate weight gain is something other than muscle that might be lost after stopping the cycle?

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Good log man, be sure to report back and tell us what your weight is after 1-2 months. I'm curious to know if the immediate weight gain is something other than muscle that might be lost after stopping the cycle?
I intend to keep a weekly update through PCT as well, which is at least another month. And I'll be hanging around the board so I'm sure you'll hear from me if it goes away :)

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 17 ( Legs / Abs ) 20 mg:

My weight is up again! Took it a while to add another pound but I hit 188 pounds today making my total gain 10 pounds!

If you notice my dosage is back up to 20mg... I'm going to get brave in the last leg of my cycle and try a new dosing scheme. Before I was taking one in the morning and one at 3:00 PM. This time I'm going to try 3:00 PM and then before bed (9-10 PM). That might help avoid the pumps, I'll find out tomorrow!

My last post mentioned I intend to end the cycle at 21 days... but I'm not so sure. I started my Fenungreek early last night, 4 caps before bed. And I ALREADY felt like my sides have decreased. If I can manage to hold onto 20 mg and keep my calories up I might hit 12-13 pounds on-cycle, since I really want to maintain 10 pounds gained after PCT. We'll see how I feel when day 21 comes around though!

Onto the work-out... which kicked major ass today, the strength is here now! (That also makes me reconsider stopping at 21 days).

Squat Press Machine:

Last Week / Today:
500 x 10 / 500 x 10
640 x 8 / 640 x 8
740 x 7(8) / 770 x 8(10)

No... your eyes are not deceiving you. I gained 30 pounds AND 1 full rep AND 2 extra partial reps today! I feel like 800 pounds for 6 reps is within my reach by next week.

Leg Extensions:

Last week I did them with both legs but I ran out of room to put weights so I have switched to doing 1-leg at a time. So when comparing keep in mind last week is 2-leg this week is 1-leg.

Last Week / Today:
225 x 10 / 110 x 10
255 x 8 / 127.5 x 8
270 x 6(12) / 135 x 6(6)

It felt WAY harder to isolate to 1-leg even using 1/2 the weight, I was proud to have nearly kept up with last week in the 1/2 weight area. Also bearing in mind I just finished a record breaking squat press set!

Ab Crunch Machine:

Last Week / Today:
50 x 25 / 50 x 25
70 x 25 / 80 x 25
100 x 25(0) / 110 x 25(10)

I felt very strong on these today breezing through the first two sets. On the final set I gained 10 pounds of weight AND added 10 partials where I couldn't get any last week. Very impressive gains here.

Hamstring Machine:

If you recall last week I switched to a new type of form that I read about in Muscular Development. It stresses a fluid motion and a STRONG curling motion right at the end of the extension. This is WAY harder than just moving the weight. Now that I have two consecutive weeks I can compare.

Last Week / Today:

120 x 10 / 120 x 10
135 x 8 / 135 x 8
150 x 6(10) / 150 x 8(6)

Added 2 full reps and lost some partials on my final set. There is no way I could have gotten 8 reps last week, though. I was finished with full ROM at 6.

Hanging Knee-Ups:

I skipped these last week, but compared to the week before that my full sets stayed the same at 25 reps each but I lost 5 partial reps on the second set. Not a suprise since I went up on the ab crunch.

Calf Raises:

I skipped seated calf raises this week since the machine was constantly occupied the entire time I was there. But my standing raises on the smith machine were up by 90 pounds on my final set. Most of this is probably just me figuring out what I can do on this style calf raise. Regardless I felt very strong like I did all day today.

All in all I am VERY happy with the gains I made today especially on the squat press. I'm hoping it transfers over to real squats when I cycle those back in. I like to take periods off of them and do machines for a bit then I go back on them.

Side Effects:

Decrease in shrinkage today, I think the Fenungreek really helped even after just one day on it.

I was still VERY hungry today, I pretty much had to eat alot more than usual to keep from starving today.

Nothing else to note today.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 ( Biceps / Triceps) 20 mg:

Weight held at a constant 188 lbs, maintaining me at a 10 lb gain. After more consideration and some time to think and get the greedy feeling out of my head, I AM stopping the cycle at day 21 irregardless of what my weight is.

I had a productive workout today overall!

Narrow Flat Bench:

My sets were identical to last week except on set 3 I went from 245 x 5 to 245 x 6. Again, I was without spotter as my partner was missing.

Standing Barbell Curls:

First two sets identical to last week but on set 3 I went from 80 lbs x 8 reps to 100 lbs x 6 reps. I was able to maintain excellent form on the first 4 and still fairly good form on the last two.

Tricep Dips:

I was forced to change my routine on these, I'm getting a stabbing pain in my tricep and elbow tendon area when I do these with heavy weights attached.

Last Week / This Week:
45 x 10 / 0 x 20
70 x 8 / 25 x 15
90 x 6 / 25 x 15

The stabbing pain was greatly reduced by lowering my weight, but was still there. Oddly it was NOT present on any other exercise.

Incline Hammer Curls:

First two sets were identical but set 3 went from 45s x 8(6) to 50s x 6(4)... so I went up 5 lbs per arm and only lost 2 full reps and 2 partial reps. Not too bad! I felt much stronger on my lighter sets too.

Straight-Bar Reverse Tricep Push-Downs:

Up a decent amount this week!

Last Week / This Week:
120 x 10 / 125 x 10
150 x 8 / 155 x 8
160 x 6(6) / 170 x 6(3)

Standing Cable Machine Curls:

I changed from a straight bar to a W shaped bar this week, keep that in mind. It feels about the same but the W bar seems to be easier on the wrists.

Last Week / This Week:
120 x 10 / 120 x 10
140 x 8 / 145 x 8
XX x XX / 155 x 6(6)

I was able to finish all sets unlike last week where the pumps stopped me. So it looks like the night time second dosing works better than morning for me!

steve777

Awards
Day 18 ( Biceps / Triceps) 20 mg:

Tricep Dips:

I was forced to change my routine on these, I'm getting a stabbing pain in my tricep and elbow tendon area when I do these with heavy weights attached.

Last Week / This Week:
45 x 10 / 0 x 20
70 x 8 / 25 x 15
90 x 6 / 25 x 15

The stabbing pain was greatly reduced by lowering my weight, but was still there. Oddly it was NOT present on any other exercise.

I was able to finish all sets unlike last week where the pumps stopped me. So it looks like the night time second dosing works better than morning for me!
thanatopsis- the pain you are experiencing in the elbow, did it start when you went to 20mg or have you always had problems with elbow tendon pain? Are you still taking the supplements as described in the beginning of the log? Just wondering if the pain may be tied to the SD cycle - if so could this be an indication of skewed lipid levels causing the joints to "dry out"?

ILoco

Awards
Relating to joint pain, I have had intense pain in my left shoulder for the past couple of days. It's definitely not getting any better. It caused me to cut short workouts the past 2 days and I'm not getting sleep because of it. I've never had joint problems before... not even on a high dose RXT run. I may have just done something wrong, but believe the SD may have something to do with it. My lipids were bad after RXT and before my SD, so I'm sure they're worse now. I'm finishing out this week and will shoot for cutting off cycle Wed.

If the shoulder pain doesn't clear up, I'm going to see an MD.

/hijack

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
thanatopsis- the pain you are experiencing in the elbow, did it start when you went to 20mg or have you always had problems with elbow tendon pain? Are you still taking the supplements as described in the beginning of the log? Just wondering if the pain may be tied to the SD cycle - if so could this be an indication of skewed lipid levels causing the joints to "dry out"?
I've had elbow pain for years. This pain is a little more intense than normal but in the same general area as usual.

I am still taking everything listed in the log, yes.

It may just be that I've gained on all my lifts and it's stressing the tendon more. But it was strangely only present on dips!

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Other Stuff:

I almost forgot that I heard back from Designer Supps about tapering up or down RXT for post-cycle!

"ME: I am currently running a cycle of Superdrol and I have acquired a bottle of Rebound XT for use as part of my PCT. There seems to be some debate on the forums as to whether I should taper up or taper down my dosage of RXT during the Post-Cycle period (my thought is that I should taper it down). I am keeping a log and would like to share the official answer with the other forum members to settle this issue as well as to have the information for my own use. Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing back from you.

RESPONSE: I like to taper down, it would allow for some degree of aromatase to slowly build back up before discontinuing usage. Really though everyone is different and there is very rarely a correct dosing scheme for everyone all the time. Like I said, I perfer to taper down from 4/3 caps to 2/1 cap. usually dropping it down every 7-10 days."

So it looks like I will be tapering it down just as I inititally planned.

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
Day 19 ( Off Day ) 20 mg:

Up another pound to 189 pounds for a total gain of 11 pounds.

Nothing else to say since I'm off today and for the weekend then I start PCT!

Striate

Awards
Can I ask what brand of Superdrol you aare using?

Striate

Awards
I guess they are good then....I went back and did some homework....

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
I guess they are good then....I went back and did some homework....
Hey it's allright man, not everybody reads this board religiously. Although, I did chuckle when I saw your question. :D As I'm sure you found out with your homework, Designer Supplements (Matt) is the person that created Superdrol and brought it to the market. Designer Supps is leasing out the right to market Superdrol to Anabolic Xtreme, and Designer Supps tests eatch batch of Superdrol for purity. So really, either way, it's the same thing. :)

EDIT- and just to get back on topic, Thanatopsis, good looking log man. :) My personal opinion is that you should run the SD for one more week (for a total of 4 weeks) at least, but that's just my opinion. Personally, I think SD is just getting to the "sweet spot" and should be run longer. :)

thanatopsis

Awards
  • Established
RedSwan,

Believe me, I'd love to run it for another week but I am being VERY cautious about my lipids. This is my first cycle and I want to be healthy enough to do more in the future so I'm not taking any risks this time. Once I see how my blood work comes out PCT I'll know if I can handle that extra week next time around. I always like to err on the side of caution when my health is in question.

I really couldn't imagine making a better gain on anything, so Superdrol gets the big thumbs up so far but I do believe my next cycle will be the new ALRI Elephant Max product. I would be amazed if it did better than SD, but I suppose time will tell. Although, I have a few months before I can do that -- 4 weeks PCT, and 4 weeks or more off time (again, playing it safe).

Days 20, 21 (Off Days) 20 mg, 10 mg:

Nothing new to report at all. No more noticeable side effects, and I'm still on the Fenungreek that I started on Day 16. I'll be ramping it up to 5 caps a night from 4 caps once I hit 7 days on it to follow Dr. D's advice.

Keep an eye out on here for updates through my PCT. I'll also be getting measurements Monday or Tuesday morning to see how things changed during cycle -- I'm hoping my stomach stayed the same, visually it looks like it did. People have been commenting on how I look bigger, so it must have mostly been in the right places.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnabolicGuru Cycle Logs 182
Supplement Logs 59
Cycle Logs 6
buakaw93 Cycle Logs 13
Wobmarvel Cycle Logs 225