Injection procedure

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Anyone mind writing up their injection procedure including pulling ect and can we try and get a general consensus on the most common injection sites- thanks in advance. I've been reading on the Z-track injection method however unsure if it's even necessary. Please share experience and procedures- thanks.

DTA

DTA

Awards
Wipe vial
Draw
Switch needle slowly in case I hit a nerve
Wipe injection site
Insert needle
Aspirate
Slowly inject
Pull needle out after letting it sit for 20ish seconds
Massage oil in
Wait for next injection
Repeat

I inject Monday/thursday so Monday I do my left side, Thursday right.

Week 1- Left quad, right quad
Week 2 - left glute, right glute
Week 3 - left delt, right delt
Repeat

I like long esters so it's plenty of sites. I use 1" 25g for everything. I started out with 23 but once you use 25 you probably won't wanna go back. My next blast I'll be doing 3cc a week and I hear that's a little difficult with 25 but I'll cross that bridge when I get there

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm gonna say going straight in at 90° hurts and you'll get leakage guaranteed. I just started less then a week ago.

Get everything ready up front:
I start by unwrapping the syringe (make sure you keep it in the package. Then I take an alcohol pad and clean the top of the vial. My pins come preattached to the syringe so I uncap it and fill with air (more then I'll need) and inject that into vial before drawing it out (flip the vial upside down). After its all in the syringe I push a little back into the vial to remove most of the air that may be in the syringe then take it out and cap it again. Put the cap on the vial and then clean the site you're going to pin. Then just uncap and pin making sure you draw back before fully injecting.

That's how I do it but I'm literally brand new to all this so I'm open to criticism.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I'm gonna say going straight in at 90° hurts and you'll get leakage guaranteed. I just started less then a week ago.

Get everything ready up front:
I start by unwrapping the syringe (make sure you keep it in the package. Then I take an alcohol pad and clean the top of the vial. My pins come preattached to the syringe so I uncap it and fill with air (more then I'll need) and inject that into vial before drawing it out (flip the vial upside down). After its all in the syringe I push a little back into the vial to remove most of the air that may be in the syringe then take it out and cap it again. Put the cap on the vial and then clean the site you're going to pin. Then just uncap and pin making sure you draw back before fully injecting.

That's how I do it but I'm literally brand new to all this so I'm open to criticism.
Leakage is my main worry. hence why the z track method intrigued me but I was wondering if leakage is common enough to justify using such method

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Leakage is my main worry. hence why the z track method intrigued me but I was wondering if leakage is common enough to justify using such method
I've pinned 2 times and I had a little leak the first time, the 2nd time I pinned I had some leak out a little while I was pushing it in but not a lot, left the pin in for 15 seconds and none leaked out. I'm gonna try Z tracking Wednesday.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I've pinned 2 times and I had a little leak the first time, the 2nd time I pinned I had some leak out a little while I was pushing it in but not a lot, left the pin in for 15 seconds and none leaked out. I'm gonna try Z tracking Wednesday.
I hear leaving the needle in for 10-20 seconds post injection limits leakage

DTA

DTA

Awards
I've only had leakage 1 time. I get my syringes from a needle exchange and they snuck a half inch in and I didn't notice till I was about to go in.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I think it helped, I don't think i was deep enough when I started pushing in, I'm using 1.5s so I didnt want to go too deep. So I think that's why I had a little leakage but not enough to really worry

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Wipe vial
Draw
Switch needle
Wipe injection site
Insert needle
Aspirate
Slowly inject
Massage oil in
Wait for next injection
Repeat

Repeat

I like long esters so it's plenty of sites.
Thanks bro- in terms of aspirate what exactly should i be looking for to know i didnt bust a vein haha- also I hear quads are one of the most painful injection sites- how would you rank it?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Another question- How do you know you've gone deep enough vs too deep? No homo :p

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you draw back and get blood you hit a vein. Also I'm not sure lol I try to go about a inch in

DTA

DTA

Awards
Yeah just watch out for veins and nerves. Go in slowly and aspirate. Quads aren't that bad pain wise. I like that I don't have to twist. It's easier to avoid moving the needle around so it tears up the muscle less. I was the most apprehensive about quads but they've become my favorite site

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I like delts but I've only pinned in delts so far lol..... I'm doing quads Wednesday and Friday. Should give about a week between injection sites

DTA

DTA

Awards
At least a week is best, more is better but a week should be fine even long term

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
My boy was telling him me put the tens/ems unit on the injection site after to massage the oil , anyone have experience ?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1. Microwave about 1.5" of water in a coffee mug for 1 minute
2. Place vials to be used into mug (after microwaving, not before :) )
3. Swab injection site with alcohol
4. Swab tops of vials with alcohol
5. Post snarky comments on AM or Facebook for 4-5 minutes while oils warm
6. Place separate drawing needle on syringe (23g)
7. Draw desired amount from first compound
8. If running multiple oils, pull a little air back into syringe before inserting needle into 2nd or 3rd vials as sometimes the vacuum will want to pull the contents of the syringe into the new vial.
9. Insert into next vial holding plunger firm so as not to pull into new vial
10. Draw desired amount from remaining vials
11. When using multiple compounds I draw .1ml over desired amount, as you will typically lose a total of .2ml in the needle
12. Holding syringe upright unscrew drawing needle and place fresh needle on (also 23g)
13. Inject firmly and straight into desired location
14. I do not aspirate, I inject right away with as much force as necessary that it's not forced and not overly slow
15. Let needle stay buried for an additional 5-7 seconds after pushing, pull straight out
16. Apply direct pressure with dry cloth for 5-10 seconds
17. Swab injection site with alcohol
18. Swab tops of vials with alcohol and return them to stash box
19. Sterilize outside of drawing needle and return to plastic and into box
20. Go make gains

Favorite injection sites by a mile are either Delt, followed by Glutes, followed by Lats. Quads can go to Hell

Also if I'm using more than 1 compound, once they are all into syringe I like to shake it up so whatever gets lost in the needle is uniform. A little of each.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't figure out how to deal with post injection pain. I hit left delt on Friday and it's still sore. Hit right delt today and it's already starting to get sore

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't figure out how to deal with post injection pain. I hit left delt on Friday and it's still sore. Hit right delt today and it's already starting to get sore
What's your technique? What part of the delt are you entering? What angle?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's your technique? What part of the delt are you entering? What angle?
90° right in to the middle of the lateral head. Just straight in haven't tried the ztracking.
I might be injecting too slow? Not really sure. Maybe it's cause I'm using 1.5 22s

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
90° right in to the middle of the lateral head. Just straight in haven't tried the ztracking.
I might be injecting too slow? Not really sure. Maybe it's cause I'm using 1.5 22s
I barely know what Z tracking is, but I always go about 45 degrees toward the rear.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I barely know what Z tracking is, but I always go about 45 degrees toward the rear.
Is it possible my body just isn't used to it and that's why the pip is lasting so long?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dma378 I can't pm you till you delete some **** haha

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just came to this realization while conversing in PMs with Dma378, injecting is a lot like popping a girls cherry. It'll hurt like a bitch the first few times but it will be totally worth it in the end.

DTA

DTA

Awards
I just came to this realization while conversing in PMs with Dma378, injecting is a lot like popping a girls cherry. It'll hurt like a bitch the first few times but it will be totally worth it in the end.
Well said

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pull a little extra air in the syringe after all the oil is in it, and get the air pocket to move to the rubber stopper. Push the oil and air pocket all the way in and the rubber stopper as close to the needle as possible. This keeps you from having any oil left over in the barrel when you're done.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Btw.. If you hit a vein what happens? I've read it's pretty scary sh1t but could it actually kill ya or what?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Btw.. If you hit a vein what happens? I've read it's pretty scary sh1t but could it actually kill ya or what?
If it's Tren you'll probably get tren cough if some of the oil gets in the vein where you went through, if it's test I'm not sure what happens. A more mild version of tren cough?

You would have to be trying to inject into a vein for it to happen. You'll pass through veins all the time, it just bleeds a bit.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From what I read if you don't inject a lot you'll get 'tren cough' but you'll be okay. It'll be more or less the same sort of feeling apparently as actual tren cough. If you inject a lot it could cause damage but it would have to be right into the vein and all at once. So if you push slow you'd be alright even if you hit a vein.

This is all from what I've read, tho it makes sense

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I use the detachable needle pens.

Put detachable needle in vial cap
Warm water on low, put in vial to warm
Connect needle to pen
Draw
Switch needle to fresh needle
Wipe injection site with Alcohol Swab
Inject over the course of 20-30 seconds

I only do quads. I switch sides every time.

Oh and Z-Track is, imo, completely unnecessary. You have more of a chance injecting into the subcutaneous fat. Think insulin shot in the stomach.

Willtolift

Awards
Wipe vial
Draw
Switch needle slowly in case I hit a nerve
Wipe injection site
Insert needle
Aspirate
Slowly inject
Massage oil in
Wait for next injection
Repeat

Repeat

I like long esters so it's plenty of sites. I use 1" 25g for everything. I started out with 23 but once you use 25 you probably won't wanna go back. My next blast I'll be doing 3cc a week and I hear that's a little difficult with 25 but I'll cross that bridge when I get there
+1 on the 25g's... Keeps me from pushing the oil in too fast. When I run out it's back to the 23g harpoons... Injection site is sore more often using the 23g... But I sometimes use them when I am in a hurry. But when I pin 2ccs or more I use a 23g 1 1/2" because I've never seen oil leak going that deep into a glute. All that said 25g 1" pins are the best IMO.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
22s hurt I need to go like 25 next time

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
1) turn on Trailer Park Boys
2) hand sanitizer
3) sterilize surface (paper towel and 91% isopropanol)
4) swab vial stopper
5) hold in hand to warm oil ~5 min
5) prepare barrel with needle
6) insert, flip, draw
7) swap to new needle, cap
8) hold filled syringe in hand to keep oil viscous while following steps 9 and 10
9) manually massage target muscle 2-3 mins
10) swab injection site (only do delts, will try lats soon, quads SUCK)
11) uncap, pull skin slightly tight
12) slowly insert perpendicular to the skin
13) inject slowly
14) withdraw needle straight
15) pressure with dry cloth
16) swab injection site
17) massage target muscle 2-3 mins

It has to be these 22g which are causing the PIP. I've been pinning Sust every other day for 5-6 weeks. I was told that this oil would not flow well through a 25, and I couldn't find 23 through my usual supplier. When I get a better oil source, I'll have to go to the 25g for my injection.

Willtolift

Awards
On a side note, anyone ever accidentally drag a needle across their skin leaving a line scratch next to the injection site? I did... Area is a little red.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Everyone says quads suck, but I pinned this morning and yeah it's a little sore but I killed legs, I think it had to do with where you pin in the quad.

As for the needle dragging, I did that my first time when I pulled out.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Everyone says quads suck, but I pinned this morning and yeah it's a little sore but I killed legs, I think it had to do with where you pin in the quad.
First time with quads? Just wait a day or two.

Willtolift

Awards

As for the needle dragging, I did that my first time when I pulled out.
I've pinned a lot, this is the first time I've had anything odd happen. Sucks... I keep worrying I am gonna get an infection or something g.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I've pinned a lot, this is the first time I've had anything odd happen. Sucks... I keep worrying I am gonna get an infection or something g.
You'll be fine lol. People are so worried about little things like this. You may have dulled the needle a little and gotten a little more bacteria on the tip but there was already some from the first injection.

Oh and I do about where the bottom of your jeans pockets are on your quads. Still no PIP but I use 28g and am experienced with it.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Another question- How do you know you've gone deep enough vs too deep? No homo :p
When you hit bone.. Lol unless you have real high body fat, and in that case you shouldn't even be cycling, a 1" needle in the glute and quad can go in completely just fine.

For delts I always went in at a 45 degree angle from the front, hitting the middle of the side delt, and only put the needle 1/2-3/4 the way in.

Delts with a Slin pin I just jab the whole thing in lol

Willtolift

Awards
You'll be fine lol. People are so worried about little things like this. You may have dulled the needle a little and gotten a little more bacteria on the tip but there was already some from the first injection.

Oh and I do about where the bottom of your jeans pockets are on your quads. Still no PIP but I use 28g and am experienced with it.
I think I need to go back to quads.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did my right quad today the pain has actually moved down towards my knee, it's not at the injection site anymore. I found that really odd and worth sharing...