Forget about testosterone levels: androgen sensitivity is what matters

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Driven by the intent of finding out why I have low T level symptoms although my free testosterone is top range and all my bloods are perfect, I found this article to be a very interesting lead:

Androgen Receptor Sensitivity: All Men Are Not Created Equal | Muscular Development

One's androgen receptor sensitivity seems to be defined by genetics, and more specifically by CAG repeating length.
It has been found that the shorter the CAG (black people) the more masculine and virilizing was the activity of T in contact with the receptors. Asians have long CAG repeating, which explains why they usually have more feminine traits although T levels are similar to the rest of the world.

I'm planning to do a sequencing of my genome to found out my CAG's length, and hopefully explain my symptoms.

1) Does anyone know of any treatment to modulate this length and thus increase androgen receptor sensitivity to T?

2) Does it mean that someone with two times less androgen receptor sensitivity could inject twice as much T and feel the same effects as if he weren't lacking receptor sensitivity?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Its called SARMS! Designed exactly to do this but unfortunately with side effects

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its called SARMS! Designed exactly to do this but unfortunately with side effects
Not even close.

SARMs are androgens that bind to some androgen receptors only, leaving others untouched.
They affect the receptors they bind to in the exact same way any other steroid from the same class would, they don't directly enhance the capacity of the receptors to "accept" androgens.

What I mentioned, on the other hand, is the capacity to potentially increase the androgen receptor sensitivity to external compounds.

Two different things

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting topic ....

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
I've been researching this for weeks and I cannot come up with researched based answers

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are we even sure you can increase the length without either really bad sides, or long term damage? What if it's genetics only?

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are we even sure you can increase the length without either really bad sides, or long term damage? What if it's genetics only?
You want to decrease the length for more androgen sensitivity.

No idea about the side effects

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe eucommia ulmoides for androgen receptor sensitivity?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Driven by the intent of finding out why I have low T level symptoms although my free testosterone is top range and all my bloods are perfect, I found this article to be a very interesting lead:

Androgen Receptor Sensitivity: All Men Are Not Created Equal | Muscular Development

One's androgen receptor sensitivity seems to be defined by genetics, and more specifically by CAG repeating length.
It has been found that the shorter the CAG (black people) the more masculine and virilizing was the activity of T in contact with the receptors. Asians have long CAG repeating, which explains why they usually have more feminine traits although T levels are similar to the rest of the world.

I'm planning to do a sequencing of my genome to found out my CAG's length, and hopefully explain my symptoms.

1) Does anyone know of any treatment to modulate this length and thus increase androgen receptor sensitivity to T?

2) Does it mean that someone with two times less androgen receptor sensitivity could inject twice as much T and feel the same effects as if he weren't lacking receptor sensitivity?
SEO's injected into the muscle increases androgen receptor expression by as much as 240%. MCT oil would be a great SEO to consider.

L-Carnitine also does this but I prefer the IM preparation takin with a large carb/protein meal to get a higher uptake. So there is another way.

Testosterone itself increases androgen receptor sensitivity. So which happened first? High T levels or high receptor sensitivity?

Anyways, I'm sure GH and insulin also jack with T receptors as well although I don't remember exactly how. You should know that T does a lot more than just interact with the receptors, like increasing beta receptors, nuclei in the cells, mTOR expression, etc.

So taking twice as much test as the guy who responds really well to low doses will likely not have the same effects - the higher dosing scheme will do better things.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SEO's injected into the muscle increases androgen receptor expression by as much as 240%. MCT oil would be a great SEO to consider.

L-Carnitine also does this but I prefer the IM preparation takin with a large carb/protein meal to get a higher uptake. So there is another way.

Testosterone itself increases androgen receptor sensitivity. So which happened first? High T levels or high receptor sensitivity?

Anyways, I'm sure GH and insulin also jack with T receptors as well although I don't remember exactly how. You should know that T does a lot more than just interact with the receptors, like increasing beta receptors, nuclei in the cells, mTOR expression, etc.

So taking twice as much test as the guy who responds really well to low doses will likely not have the same effects - the higher dosing scheme will do better things.
Very comprehensive answer and very well put, thank you sir!

Would you please explain what SEO stands for so I can further research it?

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered about receptor sensitivity in individuals on and off T.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Site Enhancement Oil

The old school SEO that everyone knows is Synthol.

So you see, that oil was actually doing something in the long term to help the site grow.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always wondered about receptor sensitivity in individuals on and off T.
There is a general consensus backed by studies that exogenous testosterone administration upregulates testosterone receptor sensitivity to T.
Even long term.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a general consensus backed by studies that exogenous testosterone administration upregulates testosterone receptor sensitivity to T.
Even long term.
Yep, and other semi-permanent changes as well like an increase in nuclei. I imagine that the beta receptor density increases are also permanent as well, which for those who don't know what that means - it means more beta-adrenergic receptors for your clen to bind to...

:dance: Means you get leaner, faster.

http://biomedgerontology.oxfordjournals.org/content/58/12/M1103.full

So yes, if someone decided to run a huge dose of Testosterone for like 20 weeks and be done - it would elevate their potential for a very, very long time afterwards as far as how lean they could get and how big they could get.

Two things that stick around after the exogenous Test is gone:

More myonuclei & satellite cells
More lypolytic beta-adrenergic receptors

So if you commit to the dark side, don't plan to compete in sports where this sort of thing matters (pretty much everything but bodybuilding and rec ball of sorts). That cycle you took years ago still makes things better for you now.