Osta abandoned after phase 3 trials

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I just came across this article published on May 6 this year. It looks like GTx has abandoned Osta after phase 3 trials. It was too expensive to run trials for sarcopenia and it was inconclusive for cancer cachexia. Hopefully some other lab will pick it up to run trials for sarcopenia.

The enobosarm saga

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Nice find, I just posted about this, but it looked like the trials were continuing. Well, it may have been dropped, but it *WASN'T* because of a poor showing/safety - looks like red tape got it. I like the quote from the main guy:

“A business and regulatory decision, more than anything else,” says Dalton, who is convinced that Enobosarm is safe and effective at building and strengthening muscle. “I would take the drug today,” he says. Many people do. Illegal sales of Enobosarm, also known as Ostarine, are rampant on the internet.

sespress

Awards
Nice find, I just posted about this, but it looked like the trials were continuing. Well, it may have been dropped, but it *WASN'T* because of a poor showing/safety - looks like red tape got it. I like the quote from the main guy:
Suggesting that illegal sales are the reason is getting dropped??

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Suggesting that illegal sales are the reason is getting dropped??
No suggesting that it has beneficial muscle building properties and that's why it's used illegally