1st Injectables Cycle - Little Weight Gain..?

VAGeo15

VAGeo15

Awards
Hello,

Avid reader of AM here with a few questions, seeking advice. Have experience running orals and PH's previously.
I'm towards the end of my first ever injectables cycle, Test E, 600mg per week at first, then up to 800mg. Added in Mast Prop (600mg per week) for the final 4 weeks. Using A-dex 0.5mg EOD. Total length of cycle is 14 weeks.
My concern/question is about my lack of weight gain. My weight shot up 5lbs in the first two weeks, total weight increase has been 8-9lbs. Less than I expected from this cycle. The source is reliable/reputable. I do feel higher libido, need less sleep, with some small strength gains and a bit more aggression.
Does this sound normal? Curious about the comparison of this to other's first Test cycles. Diet is good, as I know it's importance, and gym 4 days per week.
I didn't really blow up and get huge and veiny. Any thoughts guys?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Use it as an experience and prepare for your next cycle. Maybe try some dbol for your kicker or try some NPP or deca.

Good job on the weight that was gained. How was your diet?

VAGeo15

VAGeo15

Awards
Diet is largely good, I think carbs a little too high is a weak part.
You're right, I will certainly add Anadrol next cycle (Dbol makes me feel great but still no real weight gain). Also will run NPP or EQ next time.
I heard so many stories of guys on their first cycle gaining massive amounts of weight and getting ripped. For the money spent, thought I was going to see more gains. True, a learning experience..

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Diet is largely good, I think carbs a little too high is a weak part.
You're right, I will certainly add Anadrol next cycle (Dbol makes me feel great but still no real weight gain). Also will run NPP or EQ next time.
I heard so many stories of guys on their first cycle gaining massive amounts of weight and getting ripped. For the money spent, thought I was going to see more gains. True, a learning experience..
Well technically this isnt your first cycle. This is also why it's false when people discredit big guys and say "if I was on juice I could look like that no problem". There's no magic pill. Just keep up the hard work and eat to grow.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I think diet is off , track your cals man and make sure your macros are where they should be . That initial weight gain is water weight aswell.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How big of a surplus were you eating?

Have you considered getting bloodwork before your cycle ends? Honestly at 800mg you should be feeling much more than a bit of libido boost.

VAGeo15

VAGeo15

Awards
I think diet is off , track your cals man and make sure your macros are where they should be . That initial weight gain is water weight aswell.
How big of a surplus were you eating?

Thanks for the input. I'll track diet more closely. I know I don't eat junk, which is good.

Have you considered getting bloodwork before your cycle ends? Honestly at 800mg you should be feeling much more than a bit of libido boost.
Yes, I'd like to do that and see where my levels are at before PCT. Thats a good reminder for that. Also, I'd say the libido increase has been one of the more noticeable things, wanting it all the time.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
You don't need more drugs.
You need to eat more and train more. 4 days a week is not enough to take advantage of your cycle.

I know this because I made the same mistake on my first. I trained and ate like a natty. It was disappointing.

Just learn and move on. Better educated for next cycle.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something isn't right , with a amount of stuff you were talking ( assuming staff is legit) you should definitely ,,feel" something . That's quite a bit of $hit .

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Something isn't right , with a amount of stuff you were talking ( assuming staff is legit) you should definitely ,,feel" something . That's quite a bit of $hit .
You could take all the gear in the world but if you're not eating or training enough then you're not going to notice much.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's also possible that your gear isn't real or isn't the dosage claimed.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could take all the gear in the world but if you're not eating or training enough then you're not going to notice much.
With that much of legit test he would notice something , aggression , libido ect , I do agree that diet plays a huge role but seams like op did not change it drastically with a start of a cycle , in 14 weeks at well over 1g of legit gear he should ,,feel,, it , $hit he should gain quite a few pounds of h2o . I'm not saying that ops training and diet was optimal , and I'm far from expert but every time I run legit $hit there was no question that I was on . Just my humble opinion. Good night

VAGeo15

VAGeo15

Awards
It's also possible that your gear isn't real or isn't the dosage claimed.
I hear you, it is a thought in the back of my mind. I'm confident I feel different, I do feel 'on' like I have on previous PH/orals cycles. I also feel like the gear is legit, because of the brands/source. I hope at least, wow would I feel dumb if not.

With that much of legit test he would notice something , aggression , libido ect , I do agree that diet plays a huge role but seams like op did not change it drastically with a start of a cycle , in 14 weeks at well over 1g of legit gear he should ,,feel,, it , $hit he should gain quite a few pounds of h2o . I'm not saying that ops training and diet was optimal , and I'm far from expert but every time I run legit $hit there was no question that I was on . Just my humble opinion. Good night
Thanks. I do notice aggression/temper, libido. My training and diet are not a 10/10, yet I am dedicated gym goer. I eat my egg whites, oats and Greek yogurt on the daily (that's just breakfast). Lifting 4-5 days per week. I'd say my training is weaker than the diet, and will need to improve pushing to muscle failure.
By and large I agree, and feel like I should have gained pounds of water at least, based on other's experiences. I'm 215 lbs and 5'10". It's sounding like either my training/diet isn't good enough, or the gear isn't right (god I hope not).

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you, it is a thought in the back of my mind. I'm confident I feel different, I do feel 'on' like I have on previous PH/orals cycles. I also feel like the gear is legit, because of the brands/source. I hope at least, wow would I feel dumb if not.

Thanks. I do notice aggression/temper, libido. My training and diet are not a 10/10, yet I am dedicated gym goer. I eat my egg whites, oats and Greek yogurt on the daily (that's just breakfast). Lifting 4-5 days per week. I'd say my training is weaker than the diet, and will need to improve pushing to muscle failure.
By and large I agree, and feel like I should have gained pounds of water at least, based on other's experiences. I'm 215 lbs and 5'10". It's sounding like either my training/diet isn't good enough, or the gear isn't right (god I hope not).
For a record , i was not trying to say that your training and diet are $hit , sorry if it came that way , consistency in a gym and at the table is very important , then again there are things in live that are more importent then gainz , just got to work around them , 4 / 5 training sessions are plenty ( as long as you go and put the work in ) in some cases it may be to much ( i know i cant train 5 times week after week )
Recover , get all your ducks in a row , and when you are ready ,go again
Happy Sunday( funday)

Last edited:
VAGeo15

VAGeo15

Awards
For a record , i was not trying to say that your trening and diet are $hit , sorry if it came that way , consistency in a gym and at the table is very importent , then again there ate things in live that are more importent then gainz , just got to work around them , 4 / 5 training sessions are plenty ( as long as you go and put the work ) in some cassis it me be to much ( i know i cant train 5 times week after week )
Recover , get all your ducks in s rowe , and when you ready go again
Happy Sunday( funday)
No offense taken at all bro. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I welcome all the input from you all.
I'll keep on going and pushing for progress and not perfection. Definitely will be more well prepared for a future cycle.
Also plan to use a different brand/source when doing another cycle in the spring. For all the trouble (and $) from pinning myself several times a week (and some pip), I feel like there could be better.