Compound buildup

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
When starting a cycle of a compound can it be dosed lower the first week to stretch out higher doses/a longer cycle? Will it weaken how hard it should hit first or by the time it kicks in?

Ex proper dose is 60 mg
Kicks in about 1 week in
1st week at 30 mgs instead of 60 mg off the bat.

Any difference when it kicks in after a week of 60mg or 30mg?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
In general, and this is very general as compounds can obviously differ dramatically in their MoA, I think youd want to try and get an optimal balance between

1) dose amount/potency
2) cycle duration

So, you want to go for as long as you can, for as high as you can given the duration you are aiming for.

There are diminishing returns either side of the "optimal dosing range"; too low and you will get negligible effects...too high and safety/toxicity/cost become prominent factors.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As a broad generalization, starting lower and working up in dosage tends to give the body a more gradual adjustment to the compound, and it is not uncommon for users to claim to experience less sides this way. I support this notion with my personal experience, and I would definitely recommend always taking a week or two to work up any time you are using a compound that is new to you.

Intramuscular oils with esters (for a delayed release to allow less frequent injection) such as testosterone cypionate, take time to build to their full blood levels due to the delayed release of the ester, so someone being placed on a TRT regimen by their doctor is actually doing just that.