Methyls and boozies

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys run methyl cycles and have the occasional drink while on? Just curious..

Cole Dreyer

Cole Dreyer

Awards
It won't kill you. But it will absolutely further stress your liver. To what extent, that I do not know. But why add to the stress if you are already are taking something harsh on the liver?

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd limit drinking to a bare minimum really, less strain on your body.

If it's a certain type of social situation tho, maybe slowly sip on a miller lite or two and remember to follow with water, supports, rtc

7eman7

7eman7

Awards
  • Established
Not only will drinking on cycle further damage your liver... but it is completely counterproductive to your goals.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I don't really drink anymore, to clarify... Just wondering if it will drastically damage my liver if a have a couple beers on an occasion or two while taking a methyl... Is it as bad as say drinking and popping Vicodin? Or worse?

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really drink anymore, to clarify... Just wondering if it will drastically damage my liver if a have a couple beers on an occasion or two while taking a methyl... Is it as bad as say drinking and popping Vicodin? Or worse?
Maybe so maybe not

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I doubt it buddy, yeah we all know you shouldn't drink whilst on cycle, period. But there's tons of guys out there who drink whilst on cycle, it does also obviously depend on what methyls you are taking but I seem to remember Patrick Arnold saying that msten ( moderately toxic) at 10 mg a day was equivalent to drinking 2 beers...

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the 6-8 weeks I would be on orals I drink the same amount I would as when I'm not on them. Which is 2-3 drinks (usually light beer) once or twice over that time span. Perfectly fine.

If you're taking 2-3 methyls and plan on drinking a 6 pack or more, you're probably gonna feel like shiit for a few days. Not a good idea. There's just so many ways to interpret "having a few drinks"

And again, if you make it a habit, not a good idea. But people throw the term Liver Damage around so freely. Elevated liver values and stress doesn't equate to damage.

Prolonged stress, probably so.

Live your life, practice extreme moderation in those times. If you already have a BB'ers diet and lifestyle, you're ahead of the rest of the population in liver health I'm sure.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
But people throw the term Liver Damage around so freely. Elevated liver values and stress doesn't equate to damage.
This is gold right here. Thanks for making the distinction between the two

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is gold right here. Thanks for making the distinction between the two
People like to throw out cookie cutter responses. Fact is yes, you're going to stress your liver for a period of time. But you're also going to be taking liver health supplements at the same time. Which you likely don't do at any other time. And then after your cycle, if you return to treating your body to a good nutrient rich diet and lots of water, you're doing your organs a favor. People pound their liver with poor diet, drugs and booze for years non-stop. I'm not saying that to say that it is ok to abuse your liver, but use a little perspective. And look at your own big picture and lifestyle.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I drank a pint of rum every night on epi. My liver values were very high after that. they eventually returned to normal so of course I did the same thing again and won't go back to doctor for another 3 months cause he will get mad at me.

yeah....go ahead everyone...start with your comments on this one.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I doubt it buddy, yeah we all know you shouldn't drink whilst on cycle, period. But there's tons of guys out there who drink whilst on cycle, it does also obviously depend on what methyls you are taking but I seem to remember Patrick Arnold saying that msten ( moderately toxic) at 10 mg a day was equivalent to drinking 2 beers...
Well **** I'm having like 6 beers a day then

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
m-drol made me pretty sick on the end of the third week of the cycle. Really sick like not even getting of the bad for a whole day

I dont ever recommend methyl products, especially di-methyl compounds such as M-Drol and some others.

I always drink, so thats another reason i stopped methyls. I just use test now, for some years, and i can drink, get big and be happy.

Cheers.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing is going to happen from a beer here or there like when out to dinner or watching the game, but I would severely limit intake as much as possible.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People like to throw out cookie cutter responses. Fact is yes, you're going to stress your liver for a period of time. But you're also going to be taking liver health supplements at the same time. Which you likely don't do at any other time. And then after your cycle, if you return to treating your body to a good nutrient rich diet and lots of water, you're doing your organs a favor. People pound their liver with poor diet, drugs and booze for years non-stop. I'm not saying that to say that it is ok to abuse your liver, but use a little perspective. And look at your own big picture and lifestyle.
its not that they throw out cookie cutter responses, it is that they do not understand the distinction between terminology, and how to use it properly. They equate elevated liver enzymes -> stress liver -> damage, which is not how it works.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, I can chime in here as I'm about to apply my experience to this very same situation. I'm currently on M1A and in less than 2 days, I will be at a Zoo Brew...which basically means I will walk around tasting various exotic beers in small quantities, surrounded by animals and such in a zoo, and a bunch of other, and unfortunately, irresponsible and overly drunk people that are trying to fill gaps in their souls with alcohol intoxication. In that environment, it adds up quick and can get out of control fast, so here is my tip when drinking while on AAS.

Plan ahead. Come off the oral the day of or the night before the event or time frame you will be drinking. If it is a random set of plans that pop up, you shouldn't be stressed to just refrain from drinking while at the event. If you need liquid courage, then just take Phenibut instead. Or Modafinil...or both. You'd be surprised at how much better those two are than alcohol for that purpose (social courage).

Otherwise, do like myself, which is to load up on diuretics, such as Ace-II Inhibitors, Dandelion Root, Liv-52 and up the water intake to double what you normally drink. Those things in combination about 24-48hrs before the event will ensure that the alcohol moves through your system smoothly. Avoid eating with the alcohol and drink plenty of water and you should come out unscathed within 24-48hrs after the event. Another supplement to consider is Taurine & NAC.

I'd also advise that you don't drink more than you would normally find yourself drinking when NOT on oral cycles. The liver is resilient but in the process of healing it will let you know that you did it wrong. A detox the next day is not out of the question, either.

Also, I am running T3 and on that night (tomorrow night) I will take double T3 dosage to speed up the processes in my body. I've noticed that when on higher doses of T3, the positives of all things ingested are amplified while the negatives are reduced (in most cases) and the effect of things come and go quicker. For instance, if I take a fat-burner stack without T3 that normally takes 90 minutes to kick in, it only takes about 45-60 minutes while taking T3.

Same can be said about digestive processes, gastric motility and food absorption. Everything is faster.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, I can chime in here as I'm about to apply my experience to this very same situation. I'm currently on M1A and in less than 2 days, I will be at a Zoo Brew...which basically means I will walk around tasting various exotic beers in small quantities, surrounded by animals and such in a zoo, and a bunch of other, and unfortunately, irresponsible and overly drunk people that are trying to fill gaps in their souls with alcohol intoxication. In that environment, it adds up quick and can get out of control fast, so here is my tip when drinking while on AAS.

Plan ahead. Come off the oral the day of or the night before the event or time frame you will be drinking. If it is a random set of plans that pop up, you shouldn't be stressed to just refrain from drinking while at the event. If you need liquid courage, then just take Phenibut instead. Or Modafinil...or both. You'd be surprised at how much better those two are than alcohol for that purpose (social courage).

Otherwise, do like myself, which is to load up on diuretics, such as Ace-II Inhibitors, Dandelion Root, Liv-52 and up the water intake to double what you normally drink. Those things in combination about 24-48hrs before the event will ensure that the alcohol moves through your system smoothly. Avoid eating with the alcohol and drink plenty of water and you should come out unscathed within 24-48hrs after the event. Another supplement to consider is Taurine & NAC.

I'd also advise that you don't drink more than you would normally find yourself drinking when NOT on oral cycles. The liver is resilient but in the process of healing it will let you know that you did it wrong. A detox the next day is not out of the question, either.

Also, I am running T3 and on that night (tomorrow night) I will take double T3 dosage to speed up the processes in my body. I've noticed that when on higher doses of T3, the positives of all things ingested are amplified while the negatives are reduced (in most cases) and the effect of things come and go quicker. For instance, if I take a fat-burner stack without T3 that normally takes 90 minutes to kick in, it only takes about 45-60 minutes while taking T3.

Same can be said about digestive processes, gastric motility and food absorption. Everything is faster.
"filling gaps in their souls with alcohol intoxication" says guy with history of using PEDs :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gaps in souls, physique.... same thing
yiu would be correct. Mental health and substance abuse issue related to Body image tend to be equal or greater than those of any other root cause and the use of illicit mind and mood alter substances as a coping mechanism.

But I eat good and train and look great...I'm no alcoholic ;)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yiu would be correct. Mental health and substance abuse issue related to Body image tend to be equal or greater than those of any other root cause and the use of illicit mind and mood alter substances as a coping mechanism.

But I eat good and train and look great...I'm no alcoholic ;)
Gear-A - holic Mr Dunn ;)

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"filling gaps in their souls with alcohol intoxication" says guy with history of using PEDs :D
Hey, I enjoy my PED's but I'm not miserable without em. On the other hand, I'm trying to fill gaps between my various joints with muscle tissue. :lmao: So maybe my "gap-filler" is what do they call it? Bigorexia? I totally have that issue. AAS just makes the effort more efficient.

It's a good point to make, nonetheless. PED's are most definitely psychologically additive drugs but I've personally found them to be weak enough in that regard to where I can actually have exogenous sex hormones at physiological doses indefinitely. I couldn't say the same about tobacco back when I used it. In the spirit of proper context, I do not find myself popping additional M1A's in hopes of alleviating a problem occurring in my life. If anything, the added confidence of the androgen then encourages me to face my issues head on and move past them quickly.

But back to the point of my message - the people that I will be around in this environment will generally be looking to have a good time, or temporarily forget about some other time. That was the point of my initial post but I do appreciate David Dunn for keeping me straight and humble on the matter - we all have our problems to cope with. So in light of that, I can expect that no one else around me at the zoo will be keeping a reign on their drinking which puts all the more importance on myself "practicing extreme moderation" as it was put by another forum member.

The real takeaway here is drink tons of water. Probably the most important aspect right there.