hard to penetrate/inject

JohnnyGotJacked

Awards
im doing a test enanthate cycle, and im injecting into the glutes. some background info is i already did a cycle of sust and penetrated/injected into the glutes fine, it wasnt hard at all. but in this cycle it is very hard to get the needle all the way into the muscle and once it's there it is very hard to inject it all in. could it be that im injecting into abcess? also ive read some previous posts where someone said it was very hard for them to inject the substance in and someone replyed that it was the needle and it needed to be heated. and/or could this be my problem? because on this cycle i did buy a different type of syringe/needle. but if i do need to heat the needle for it to be easy to inject...will it still be hard to penetrate into the muscle?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
perhaps the needle is too small and the oil is a little bit thick. what gauge do you have and what gauge did you use before?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
that could be the problem; you could also be hitting scar tissue if you've done a bunch of glute shot

JohnnyGotJacked

Awards
im using 22 gauge. and another question if i am hitting scar tissue...does injecting it into scar tissue effect the injection, like is the test i injecting still going to have an effect and be effective?

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
try shooting your ventroglute instead. take your hand and put it on your hips, then look about 1 inch below that, right at the V your thumb and index makes is where you shoot. if you flex your ass you should be shooting a lil bit above the dimple. completely painless and better than shooting dorsal glutes for sure.

JohnnyGotJacked

Awards
oh maybe ill try that next time but just to let you know not like impossible to inject in the reg glute spot its just a little bit hard, would it matter if i just stick to injecting the reg glute spot even if it is abcess or something

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
DO NOT continually inject into an abcess...not a smart idea...just my 2 cents.

Why not try quads or delts or even bi's and tri's so you have a bunch of different sites to rotate which will not only alow your abcess to heal(assuming it has not done any permanent damage yet) and also prevent any new ones from forming by rotating sites ALL THE TIME.

JMO

regards,
COTC

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I like 1.5" 22g points too for glutes. It sounds like scar tissue. An abcess would be apparent most likely, by pain, so I doubt it's that. The kinetics of the deposition will be delayed from that site, so a shot of enanthate may take a bit longer to find it's way out of the scar tissue, but it will still be effective. Try BK's ventroglute suggestion, but maybe a 1" point would be better there? I'm not sure, I've seen 1.5's work fine. I have a blood vessel there that I hit half the time so I don't even try anymore. I started using legs a lot more when it happened to me, but I'm surprised you got that hardened from just 1 previous Sus cycle. Also, oils with a high free fatty acid value and/or are very polyunsaturated should be avoided. I recently started buffering with trolamine and that seem to help a lot.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
My vote is also for scar tissue. At times I'll have a hard time pushing the needle in, and sometimes I'll hear that crackling sound when I push through. Nasty stuff man....just try to switch up sites as much as possible. Pretty soon, I don't think I'll be able to run short esters any mroe due to too mcuh scar tissue that's built up. :sad:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
My vote is also for scar tissue. At times I'll have a hard time pushing the needle in, and sometimes I'll hear that crackling sound when I push through. Nasty stuff man....just try to switch up sites as much as possible. Pretty soon, I don't think I'll be able to run short esters any mroe due to too mcuh scar tissue that's built up. :sad:
Animal claims that phosphatidylcholine helped clear up some of his scar tissue. I can't verify one way or another, just passing along some hearsay...

-kwantam

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Animal claims that phosphatidylcholine helped clear up some of his scar tissue. I can't verify one way or another, just passing along some hearsay...

-kwantam
Thanks for the tip man. This is the stuff you take orally right? Or is it the stuff that needs to be injected? I get supps mixed up at times...

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip man. This is the stuff you take orally right? Or is it the stuff that needs to be injected? I get supps mixed up at times...
Sorry, I should have been more clear. It can be ingested (as lecithin), but Animal was talking about injecting it at the spot of the scar tissue.

-kwantam

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I should have been more clear. It can be ingested (as lecithin), but Animal was talking about injecting it at the spot of the scar tissue.

-kwantam
I'm not going to say it doen't work (because I haven't tried it) but I don't see how it could. The best thing I've found to manage scar tissue formation is to take a good dose of proteolitic enzymes once a day on an empty stomach while on cycle. Papain is cheap and effective. If the dose is too high, redness and hives may occur at the site just after ingestion, but it passes quickly. An anti-histamine helps if this occurs.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
I'm not going to say it doen't work (because I haven't tried it) but I don't see how it could.
Honestly, I'm with you here, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

-kwantam

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I'm with you here, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

-kwantam
Yes sir, it's alaways good to put info out there, even if it's with a grain of salt! :goodpost:

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like 1.5" 22g points too for glutes. It sounds like scar tissue. An abcess would be apparent most likely, by pain, so I doubt it's that. The kinetics of the deposition will be delayed from that site, so a shot of enanthate may take a bit longer to find it's way out of the scar tissue, but it will still be effective. Try BK's ventroglute suggestion, but maybe a 1" point would be better there? I'm not sure, I've seen 1.5's work fine. I have a blood vessel there that I hit half the time so I don't even try anymore. I started using legs a lot more when it happened to me, but I'm surprised you got that hardened from just 1 previous Sus cycle. Also, oils with a high free fatty acid value and/or are very polyunsaturated should be avoided. I recently started buffering with trolamine and that seem to help a lot.
Whats wrong with polyunsaturated fats for injectables?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Whats wrong with polyunsaturated fats for injectables?
Nothing, if you add an antioxidant. Unsaturated oils are ofter the best solvents, but are also more reactive and subject to free radical attack. Once the oil oxidizes, the product turns rancid and is trouble when injected. The alcohols in the oil (like BA or EtOH) often initiate this. Add Vit.E, BHT, ascorbyl palmitate, etc.. to polyunsaturated homebrew bases. It prolongs the shelf-life and keeps your stuff stable.