Low sex drive post PCT - bloodwork has comeback!

Jay_b1985

Awards
Hi all,

2 months ago I finished my PCT of clomid and straight after my sex drive went through the roof.

Anyway past month or so its just gone really crap and was wondering what the cause was. My baseline total test levels were around 500 before me epi cycle but I dont know what my other baseline levels were.

I got some bloods done a few days ago and they are:

TESTOSTERONE *31.62 nmol/L (7.600 -31.400)
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.521 (nmol/L 0.300 -1.000)
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB *58.52 (nmol/L 16.000 -55.0001)
7-BETA OESTRADIOL *32.64 (pmol/L 44.000 -156.000)

How do they look to everyone? I am really please with my total test 8 weeks after PCT which shows I've recovered well but not too sure about everything else. It looks like my SHBG is a little high maybe?

Any input would be great.

Thanks

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
free test and total look okay to me. shbg is on the high side, only thing i've ever heard prescribed to bring it down is stanozolol. estradiol is pretty low which explains the sex drive. low estrogen equals low sex drive...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your estrogen is low which can easily be causing an issue. I'd get a prolactin level checked also.

Jay_b1985

Awards
Your estrogen is low which can easily be causing an issue. I'd get a prolactin level checked also.
Thanks for your input. I was taking adex up until a few days ago as I had high estrogen so I've ceased use now. How long will it take to rise back into normal levels?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your input. I was taking adex up until a few days ago as I had high estrogen so I've ceased use now. How long will it take to rise back into normal levels?
adex lasts about 3 days in your system. Get ready for rebound though, but too much adex explains it all. Prolactin isn't needed, if your PRL was high your androgen levels would be low.

Jay_b1985

Awards
adex lasts about 3 days in your system. Get ready for rebound though, but too much adex explains it all. Prolactin isn't needed, if your PRL was high your androgen levels would be low.
I guess I can control rebound with very low doses of adex then tapering and coming off completely?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone is different bro, hard to say. I hope you tapered slowly or you are going to rebound with high levels and still be in the same boat. High and low estrogen both destroy libido.

Jay_b1985

Awards
Everyone is different bro, hard to say. I hope you tapered slowly or you are going to rebound with high levels and still be in the same boat. High and low estrogen both destroy libido.
Okay, an update. All bloods are normal but had my prolactin tested and it's come back at 15ng/ml which is on the very high end of normal. Should this be lower? Is this contributing to my low libido?