What do the ratios mean?

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
When they say the androgen ratio is 1:100 or whatever what does that mean?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic:androgenic rating compared to activity of testosterone based off of rats. It's not a very reliable basis of measurement, but gives us insight into the potential of the compound.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic=Tissue Building/Development (i.e. muscle tissues)
Androgenic=Development Of Male Characteristics (i.e. aggression, voice deepening, body hair etc)

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Anabolic:androgenic rating compared to activity of testosterone based off of rats. It's not a very reliable basis of measurement, but gives us insight into the potential of the compound.
Anabolic=Tissue Building (i.e. muscle tissues)
Androgenic=Male Characteristics (i.e. aggression, voice deepening, body hair etc)
So when a compound stays it has a anabolic ratio of 10:1. Is that "good" or "bad" do we want the higher number to be the androgenic or anabolic? I'm assuming we want anabolic :p

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So when a compound stays it has a anabolic ratio of 10:1. Is that "good" or "bad" do we want the higher number to be the androgenic or anabolic? I'm assuming we want anabolic :p
That depends. They both serve a purpose.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
As Rodja said, both serve a purpose but for muscle building you want your AAS or PH to have a higher anabolic ratio.
Straight Testosterone has a ratio of 100/100, so it's as anabolic as it is androgenic. Just remember that the lower the androgenic value, the lower the severity of the side effects

NewAgeMayan

Awards
For our purposes, as long as youre sticking with known compounds, I wouldnt even worry about it.

Crudely, the ratio is a measure of a compounds affect on muscle growth (measured in a hip muscle) and prostate growth. And as Rodja noted...on rats.

There are numerous compounds with "better" ratios than test, on paper, but in real life use they dont lead to better gains.

The ratio is pretty much a poor indicator of compound potency for us, IF you just go by the anabolic number. These ratios are useful in the pharmaceutical/medicinal field, but for bodybuilders, not so much.