Pumps that become painful?

AllTheGainz

Awards
I'm running DMZ, msten, and epiandro and it's only been 4 days but the muscle pumps are ungodly, to the point where they hurt. Did chest today and I looked ****ing massive but my front delts and chest felt like they were going to tear off the bone. Anyone else experienced this running any of the above? If so what did you use to combat it?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine. Start at 6 grams about 30 minutes before you lift.

warlordwrug

Awards
  • Established
Nope I've ran dmz and msten and never got painful pumps like that. Only thing what gave me a constant and painful pump was insulin.

DTA

DTA

Awards
Never ran any of those but my last dbol run I'd get the worst painful tricep pumps doing my wife doggystyle lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taurine. Start at 6 grams about 30 minutes before you lift.
Taurine is more for cramps. Excessive blood volume and fullness in a muscle as with a pump, taurine really does not treat that issue.

OP, I wouldn't try to avoid it, the pain is a result of your fascia being stretched due the rapid increase in your muscle bellies fullness. Take advantage of that..

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurine is more for cramps. Excessive blood volume and fullness in a muscle as with a pump, taurine really does not treat that issue.

OP, I wouldn't try to avoid it, the pain is a result of your fascia being stretched due the rapid increase in your muscle bellies fullness. Take advantage of that..
Taurine has helped me and countless others on here with negative pumps associated with steroids, I get horrible back pumps and trap pumps on orals and taurine fixes the issue.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Shin pumps are the worst. I've been getting then lately from walking uphill.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shin pumps are the worst. I've been getting then lately from walking uphill.
I get them in my traps! Can't move my arms until they go down.

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
I like painful pumps! Ha. After some heavy squats I'll do some unilateral leg presses at a 12 rep max, but do a rest pause to 18. Then immediately run over to the leg extension and do the same.. Hurts so fricken good!! Especially doing something like 10 sets of 15 reps with db strict curls with 15 seconds rest in between sets. By the third set you can only do about 9-10 reps, but keep going until you hit 15.. That's some good pain also, LOVE IT!!

AllTheGainz

Awards
I like painful pumps! Ha. After some heavy squats I'll do some unilateral leg presses at a 12 rep max, but do a rest pause to 18. Then immediately run over to the leg extension and do the same.. Hurts so fricken good!! Especially doing something like 10 sets of 15 reps with db strict curls with 15 seconds rest in between sets. By the third set you can only do about 9-10 reps, but keep going until you hit 15.. That's some good pain also, LOVE IT!!
I don't mind pumps at all, but when you can't move your arms to get to your school ID cause your chest and front delts are all pumped up, you got some problems lol. Not to mention the pump lasted for upwards of 5 hours and still got some pump action going on today.

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
The only thing I do hate is afterwards when you can't even flex the muscle without it cramping. That gets a bit annoying. Ha

AllTheGainz

Awards
The only thing I do hate is afterwards when you can't even flex the muscle without it cramping. That gets a bit annoying. Ha
Going up stairs after leg day, having to take a break at every flight cause it starts to tighten up and you know a cramp is coming if you don't stop.

AllTheGainz

Awards
I agree, that would suck. Ha.
4 flights of stairs took me like 10 min the other day. It's back day today and I was going to swim after with friends but I think mad pumps may make it impossible

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Going up stairs after leg day, having to take a break at every flight cause it starts to tighten up and you know a cramp is coming if you don't stop.
This.

4 flights of stairs took me like 10 min the other day. It's back day today and I was going to swim after with friends but I think mad pumps may make it impossible
Actually, my apartment complex has a salt water pool and I use it all the time after working out. Helps a lot actually.

AllTheGainz

Awards
This.

Actually, my apartment complex has a salt water pool and I use it all the time after working out. Helps a lot actually.
I'm worried about swimming 10 feet then cramping and sinking like a rock

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
True. My pool only goes to like 4 1/2 ft