Hormone Question

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Before I say anything, I'm making an appointment with the Dr next week. I tried calling today but they closed early. I'm 21 years old. I think my first cycle was at 17, I know it was stupid but it is what it is.

We don't have an Endo on our insurance so I'm gonna go to a DO.

I've done a few previous cycles, all with proper PCT. I don't have any before blood work so I have nothing to compare to. I finished my last PCT the day before Christmas last year. Obviously ever since cycling my sex drive has never been the same since before.

I had surgery June 30th of this year and spent the next 4 weeks on 30mg Percocet a day. About a month before surgery I was taking Tramadol for pain, about 200mg a day average. I haven't taken any pain meds in a couple weeks and nothing hormonal.

I just recently started doing legs again and my diet has been good this whole time.

The issue is it takes me 2 hours to fall asleep at night. Everyone else will be wearing jackets inside and I'll feel like I'm having a heat stroke.

I know this could be literally anything causing this, but I'm just looking for some ideas because I'm crazy and don't like waiting lol I'm mainly looking to see I anyone else has any experience with pain medicine and this feeling when coming off, I know it can affect hormone levels but I'm not sure how much it would with only a couple months.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Pain meds can be real tricky, and narcotic options definitely come with withdrawal symptoms.

Your last treatment was a while back though, have these symptoms been present all along?

Of course present this to your doctor and get your blood work before taking any action here.

Big question: are you in pain again now, without the meds?

Bridging to non-addictive, "lighter" painkillers may be a recommended option.

I refused any narcotic painkillers and ended up on mid-dosed Hydromorphone HCl (as an example)

I now only use it as needed, and have no issues on days between with withdrawals or heightened pain as some can get

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pain meds can be real tricky, and narcotic options definitely come with withdrawal symptoms.

Your last treatment was a while back though, have these symptoms been present all along?

Of course present this to your doctor and get your blood work before taking any action here.

Big question: are you in pain again now, without the meds?

Bridging to non-addictive, "lighter" painkillers may be a recommended option.

I refused any narcotic painkillers and ended up on mid-dosed Hydromorphone HCl (as an example)

I now only use it as needed, and have no issues on days between with withdrawals or heightened pain as some can get
I have no pain anymore except for some certain movements, I'm going to PT and haven't had any pain killers in about 2-3 weeks probably, other than Advil as needed.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Great news, glad to hear you're pain free brother

The sex drive comment could be concerning (or not, you were in puberty still before and in your period of highest sex drive)

I'm all ears once you get bloodwork results, many of us have been there and can help you out

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great news, glad to hear you're pain free brother

The sex drive comment could be concerning (or not, you were in puberty still before and in your period of highest sex drive)

I'm all ears once you get bloodwork results, many of us have been there and can help you out
I appreciate it! The sex drive isn't horrible by any means, but definitely not what it should be lol

My main thing is I wanna fix the sleep issue and feeling like I'm in a sauna all the time lol
And these kinda made me wonder if it was something other than low test because my sex drive isn't any worse since surgery but all of this other stuff is new.

I'll definitely keep this updated, I'm not sure what all the doctor will do and with there being no endocrinologist on our insurance I don't want to spend all that money, considering I get everything else for free.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Maybe kenpoengineer or another has a better idea of the American health care and testing options for you

I was spoiled with everything free,
Minus my meds...

Did you have night sweats while on?

Or did they only begin after ceasing the painkillers?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. One thing I would look into is estradiol ( E2) level by having bloodwork done. High E2 has me sleeping poorly and feeling like a blast furnace inside.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe kenpoengineer or another has a better idea of the American health care and testing options for you

I was spoiled with everything free,
Minus my meds...

Did you have night sweats while on?

Or did they only begin after ceasing the painkillers?
While on the painkillers and before I could sleep just fine with the house at 73. Only since stopping them have I had a hard time sleeping and still be really hot and sweating at about 70 degrees laying in bed. I have a fan pointed at me also, My shorts are almost always wet when I wake up in the morning. From sweating, not peeing lol

Interesting. One thing I would look into is estradiol ( E2) level by having bloodwork done. High E2 has me sleeping poorly and feeling like a blast furnace inside.
This could be it. I wouldn't think it's too high though, on cycle my E2 was at about 45 once and I was having itchy and painful nipples. So if I had to guess, I would think it's below that. Obviously blood work will be king, I just like to brainstorm and see if I can come up with some ideas to let the Dr think about, because you never know if they'll make the connection on their own if they aren't used to hormones.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My mom works for a doctors office so our insurance is amazing, she pays quite a bit a month but we get nearly everytbing free.

We just don't have any Endocrinologists or Dermatologists that are in the network.

Y

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
If you PCT'd correctly i don't think it has to with your hormones. Everybody underestimates the body's ability to recover from things. I'd say take a break from cycling for a bit and let everything level itself out for at least a year.