MK 677 dose time?

northtexas921

Awards
When is the best time to take this product? I've read through several forums and there doesn't seem to be a straight answer. Some say before bed and some say in the morning with a meal. Anyone have information?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think for lethargy sake, and to reap the sleep benefits it makes most sense to take in the evening/pre-bed.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Find out how long it takes to make you tired.. for instance,

Go to bed at 10pm
Takes 3 hours to make you tired
Take it between 7-8pm.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Played around with this and after running it for a long time at various dosages I still can't give a solid answer. It's got a 24 hr half life so it doesn't really matter in terms of effectiveness, only thing is trying to mitigate the sides. I haven't been able to do that. I've taken the whole dose in the am, the whole dose three hours before bed, the whole dose pre workout and the whole dose before bed. I've also taken half dose am pm, pre cardio pre workout and various other half and half schemes. In the end the only thing I can say is when I first started it kept me up for a while and I had to take an hour or two pre bed, so I switched to morning. Over time it made no difference at all.

dynamo

Banned
Awards
I think for lethargy sake, and to reap the sleep benefits it makes most sense to take in the evening/pre-bed.
I think that would be the opposite of how you should dose it based on wanting to get the biggest GH spike during sleep. MK-677 doesn't peak until the ~12 hour mark where the biggest spikes will occur. If you take it pre-bed, your largest spikes would actually start in the morning the next day.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think that would be the opposite of how you should dose it based on wanting to get the biggest GH spike during sleep. MK-677 doesn't peak until the ~12 hour mark where the biggest spikes will occur. If you take it pre-bed, your largest spikes would actually start in the morning the next day.
That makes sense.

I think a lot of people (myself included) try to find the proper dosing time to mitigate side effects rather than maximizing the products effectiveness.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In regard to the largest pulse at night when your gh naturally is released would it not make more sense to let your natural gh raise at night and benefit from a larger spike at another point within the day? This is a classic hgh timing argument. I think with Mk it is irrelevant but I haven't done blood work at different times of the day to back this up. I have found that it works regardless of when I take it and the sides are there regardless as well. I find when I run Mk I need to closely limit my sodium or I bloat and I also like to take eca. It combats the hunger sides as well as the lethargy.

dynamo

Banned
Awards
In regard to the largest pulse at night when your gh naturally is released would it not make more sense to let your natural gh raise at night and benefit from a larger spike at another point within the day? This is a classic hgh timing argument. I think with Mk it is irrelevant but I haven't done blood work at different times of the day to back this up. I have found that it works regardless of when I take it and the sides are there regardless as well. I find when I run Mk I need to closely limit my sodium or I bloat and I also like to take eca. It combats the hunger sides as well as the lethargy.
Yes, I've only pointed out what I pointed out to address the "take it before bed to benefit from it when you sleep" idea. If one was to really want to maximize the GH release during sleep, then it would make sense to time the dosing ~12 hours prior to sleeping.