Fat soluble PHs, vitamins, etc

Frank1983

Awards
Are there any studies (or anecdotal evidence) showing how many grams of fat are required to metabolize fat soluble prohormones, vitamins, supplements?

This may seem like such a minor point, but i often save the majority of my fat intake for dinner so that i can eat like a "normal" person with my family. I wonder if my morning supplement absorption is sub-par.

Even in a nearly no-fat breakfast, im getting 3-5 grams of tag along fat. Is this enough?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not sure on actual amount but you can try mct oil, will help your supplements be absorbed and the mct should mainly be used by your body as energy.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
Vitamins A,D,E and K are fat soluble. The B vitamins and C are water soluble. You don't need a lot of fat to help with the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins. Most meals which are considered very low fat actually contain enough. As an example a bowl of porridge which is considered a 'carb' meal, contains small amounts of fat but enough to aid in the absorption and assimilation of fat soluble vitamins. Has this answered your question?

Frank1983

Awards
Vitamins A,D,E and K are fat soluble. The B vitamins and C are water soluble. You don't need a lot of fat to help with the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins. Most meals which are considered very low fat actually contain enough. As an example a bowl of porridge which is considered a 'carb' meal, contains small amounts of fat but enough to aid in the absorption and assimilation of fat soluble vitamins. Has this answered your question?
It doesnt, but dont take that the wrong way, I'm grateful. I understand that most low fat meals contain some fat. Perhaps giving a concrete hypothetical example would help me get an answer::

Breakfast:
25g protein, 25g carbs, 5g fat.
Is this enough fat to maximize the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins, 1-AD, 4-AD, ostarine, and an AI?

AllTheGainz

Awards
I took accutane for 6 months which is a Vit. A derivative. One glass of milk was enough for me to properly absorb all the accutane for at least half the day (12 hours) then another before bed and i was good to go.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt, but dont take that the wrong way, I'm grateful. I understand that most low fat meals contain some fat. Perhaps giving a concrete hypothetical example would help me get an answer::

Breakfast:
25g protein, 25g carbs, 5g fat.
Is this enough fat to maximize the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins, 1-AD, 4-AD, ostarine, and an AI?
I can only answer the absorption and assimlation on fat soluble vitamins with low amounts of fat, as this is my chosen field and something which I know. 5 grams of fat is fine and enough. As far as PHs, SARMs and AIs are concerned I cannot answer this as I don't know.