Protein intake on cycle

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Quick question, normally (from what I've read) the body can only process around 30g of protein at a time. So if you're on a testosterone cycle, would the body be able to process around 50g+ of protein at a time?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quick question, normally (from what I've read) the body can only process around 30g of protein at a time. So if you're on a testosterone cycle, would the body be able to process around 50g+ of protein at a time?
Just do a search, none of that seems to be true in real world practice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Bro Science.

Total daily intake is the big picture.

Ingesting protein will not go to waste in a healthy individual under remotely standard dietary conditions.

It will all be metabolised, though in large amounts don't expect it all to become muscle, an excess total caloric intake will yield some fat gain.

To the question:
Protein synthesis rates absolutely increase on AAS, the degree varies by individual, compound, and dose; but most people are safe to add 20-50% to their protein intake.

That is not necessary, but is a common method to increase protein.

Even on AAS I would not personally exceed 1.2 g/lb bodyweight. Not a magic number, but my 2 cents in your scenario

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would also say it depends on where you intended to land your other macros as well. Keeping TDEE in mind, I wouldn't sacrifice maintaining something else in order to get an excessive amount of protein.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
This is nonsense. The original study on total metabolised protein synthesis (from digestion, absorption and assimlation) was based on one particular animal protein. I think it was pork from memory but don't quote me on that. This 20-30 gram capacity has been quashed many times over. The body can assimilate far greater quantities. The thing to remember is more about- how is this protein being used? Any excess protein not used is converted to glycogen and stored.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never really felt the need to increase while on because I always maintain appropriate ranges on and off. It's my fats and carbs I adjust as I am less prone to fat gain while on.