Intermittent Fasting on Cycle?

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Hey all... like the title says, anyone have experience or insight with cycling while on an intermittent fasting plan? I'm specifically wondering about absorption during the fasting period.

I'm currently on an OL UK 1-AD/4-AD cycle (SEDDS delivery), split dosing AM/PM, and am aware that it's recommended to dose these with fats to optimize absorption. I'm also considering adopting the eat-stop-ear IF protocol, where I would fast for 24 hours twice each week, on non-consecutive days. On those two fasting days, the AM andro dose would be taken during the fast on an empty stomach.

How detrimental would this be to their absorption, taking those two doses each week without the recommended fats? Has anyone here done an IF protocol while on cycle and thought through this concern at all?

The way I figure, I would have a few options:

1, take the dose while fasted and hope it's not going entirely to waste

2, take the dose while fasted, but increase the dosage on those two days to compensate for the hypothetically weaker absorption

3, take the dose while fasted, but with some fish oil or olive oil

4, delay the dose until breaking the fast, thus taking the split doses much closer together on the two fasting days

I think I'm most curious about option 3, but wondering if taking that bit of oil in the middle of a 24 hour fast would void the benefits of the fast. I guess some necessary info here would be A, how much oil is needed to get optimal absorption of the andros, and B, how much oil, if any, can be ingested without knocking me out of the fasted state. Can anyone provide insight into those points?

Also, as mentioned above, I'm using OL UK products with the SEDDS delivery system. In a SEDDS vs Cyclosome battle, would one potentially be better than the other for taking on an empty stomach?

Should I cross-post this in the nutrition forum?

Looking forward to discussion... thanks in advance!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think a spoon or 2 of PB would qualify as interrupting a fast. Perhaps an option to get some fat at dosing times. Or a few grams of fish oil.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think fish oil will be fine and won't be considered breaking your fast. I've read that 20-50 calories won't break a fast.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Never got into the IF thing on purpose, but even when I have some Casein at 9:45PM before bed, I don't get my first meal in after fasted cardio until about 10AM the next morning - I IF without trying to IF. Before I decided to try the before bed food, my last meal was usually around 6PM - that's 16 hours right there. What's IF supposed to do? I mean, I'm pleased with my current lean-ness, but I don't see any magic happening :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ive been doing IF (usually only eat 1-2 meals/day, always evening, most times just 1 big one ~8pm) for over a year now and had no issues with the cycles I ran.

I tried dosing with and without fish oils and really saw no difference either way.

Just get the cals in, take at least one dose with food, and let the rest work itself out. IMO/experience its majoring in the minors to worry about this too much/at all

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go with rectal administration. Boom. Problem solved.

DennisC1986

Awards
Never got into the IF thing on purpose, but even when I have some Casein at 9:45PM before bed, I don't get my first meal in after fasted cardio until about 10AM the next morning - I IF without trying to IF. Before I decided to try the before bed food, my last meal was usually around 6PM - that's 16 hours right there. What's IF supposed to do? I mean, I'm pleased with my current lean-ness, but I don't see any magic happening :D
Same, I might eat around 8 PM and won't eat again until 8 or 9 AM. I guess this might count as IF and I'm happy with how I'm progressing, not sure if its due to the 12 hour fast or not.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Those capsules fit nicely up the bunghole..... So I hear.....
:spankme:

But seriously. You really should be dosing every 4-5 hours so fat and absorption shouldn't be a worry if dosing every 4-5 hours 4x per day

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all... had a feeling I was overthinking it, but that's kinda what I do. Will take my morning dose with 2g fish oil and not worry about it.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all... had a feeling I was overthinking it, but that's kinda what I do. Will take my morning dose with 2g fish oil and not worry about it.
For some people, taking fish oil capsules on an empty stomach can cause mild or even severe nausea. Consuming a full glass of water with the capsules should alleviate most if not all of the potential discomfort.

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
For some people, taking fish oil capsules on an empty stomach can cause mild or even severe nausea. Consuming a full glass of water with the capsules should alleviate most if not all of the potential discomfort.
Don't have that issue myself, but thanks for the heads up! Currently have NOW ultra omega-3 in the fridge.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
Hey all... like the title says, anyone have experience or insight with cycling while on an intermittent fasting plan? I'm specifically wondering about absorption during the fasting period.

I'm currently on an OL UK 1-AD/4-AD cycle (SEDDS delivery), split dosing AM/PM, and am aware that it's recommended to dose these with fats to optimize absorption. I'm also considering adopting the eat-stop-ear IF protocol, where I would fast for 24 hours twice each week, on non-consecutive days. On those two fasting days, the AM andro dose would be taken during the fast on an empty stomach.

How detrimental would this be to their absorption, taking those two doses each week without the recommended fats? Has anyone here done an IF protocol while on cycle and thought through this concern at all?

The way I figure, I would have a few options:

1, take the dose while fasted and hope it's not going entirely to waste

2, take the dose while fasted, but increase the dosage on those two days to compensate for the hypothetically weaker absorption

3, take the dose while fasted, but with some fish oil or olive oil

4, delay the dose until breaking the fast, thus taking the split doses much closer together on the two fasting days

I think I'm most curious about option 3, but wondering if taking that bit of oil in the middle of a 24 hour fast would void the benefits of the fast. I guess some necessary info here would be A, how much oil is needed to get optimal absorption of the andros, and B, how much oil, if any, can be ingested without knocking me out of the fasted state. Can anyone provide insight into those points?

Also, as mentioned above, I'm using OL UK products with the SEDDS delivery system. In a SEDDS vs Cyclosome battle, would one potentially be better than the other for taking on an empty stomach?

Should I cross-post this in the nutrition forum?

Looking forward to discussion... thanks in advance!
currently on keto and intermittent fasting 4 days 8h window 3 days 1h window, im taking also osta and furuza 50 LGi with fish oil caps 3 dose through the day , in the morning middle day and evening. Started osta 3 weeks ago furuza 2 weeks ago treining/cardio calories are the same maintains or even above ,few days ago i notice much improvement in fat loss lost another 4 lbs and beeter vascularisation , i do not know if this fish oil increase absorption but i do not think that few ( im taking 9 caps ) caps fish oil in fasting window can disrupt fat loss process .