RAD 140 Experience

DennisC1986

Awards
Ok, so I'm not calling this a log because it won't be super detailed. I know there's not a ton of info on this SARM out there so hopefully this might help someone. I won't log my daily workouts or anything, just going to give an overall assessment. the same way you don't step on a scale everyday because the lack of progress can get depressing, you see better when you give things some time. Also, thanks to Yates84 and youngbodybuilder for giving me some much needed info; I usually pride myself on not jumping into anything without proper research, but my research for this was a little misguided. Anyway, I'm 5'8". I was around 165, then started cutting using an almost no carb diet. Ended up losing more than I intended but ended around 145 with about 11-12% body fat. I'm attempting a clean bulk, lean proteins, "good" carbs and healthy fat. 15 mgs RAD every morning. Orange Triad, creatine, and protein powders- youngbodybuilder suggested arimicare for on cycle support so that's been ordered. PCT will be Nolvadex, also got some Nolvadren XT and will prob use a natty test booster as well( if anyone has any good suggestions, please share). Anyway today is day 5, I'll weigh in at one week and go from there if anyone is interested in hearing about it.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed buddy good luck

DennisC1986

Awards
Thanks man. Not a ton to report now, been pretty hungry. My stomach seems to be getting more defined without losing size anywhere else, which is cool. I've been doing a ton of cardio, sometimes twice a day since I'm out of work and have nothing to do. I'm going to cut out a lot of cardio to try and put some more weight on.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
subbed glad to help, kill it man, also be careful stay at 15mg maybe a little less.. Nose bleeds and blood pressure can be a big problem on higher dosages.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also running Rad right now at 12mg a day. Looking to do something very similar and put on a little lean size before my next contest prep. I've deffinitely noticed the hunger increase and starting to get some fullness and hardness. I'll be watching this thread so we can compare experiences!

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you had any issues of water retention yet? I'm about a week or two in but tonight after getting out of the shower, I had sock marks from where my Nike socks were tight around my ankles. Keep in mind this is 30-45min after taking them off

DennisC1986

Awards
Hmm no water retention yet but today is my 7th dose. Been eating a lot more and my weight is staying basically the same but I notice my abs popping more and more definition in my chest. I was doing cardio after every weight session and also on my days off from weights so I'm gonna cut back on that.

DennisC1986

Awards
Also I've been going in the sauna after lifting a few times a week, and staying so hydrated I wake up to piss 3-4 times a night, so those might be factors

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm up about 5lbs but I definitely am seeing increased leaness. Interested to see how our cycles compare, if the lethargy is bearable I'm gonna stretch my cycle out a bit and up the dose

DennisC1986

Awards
Haha well you're quite a bit bigger than me so I'm sure you're eating a lot more, but we do seem to be seeing similar effects. Haven't noticed any lethargy but I'm only a week in, but I'll suck it up and chug black coffee all day if it shows up.

JayWalk39

Awards
Haha well you're quite a bit bigger than me so I'm sure you're eating a lot more, but we do seem to be seeing similar effects. Haven't noticed any lethargy but I'm only a week in, but I'll suck it up and chug black coffee all day if it shows up.
After 3 weeks you could shoot that coffee directly into your viens and it wouldn't help.

DennisC1986

Awards
Damn its that bad huh? well whatever I'm not gonna cut it less than 4 weeks so it is what it is

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Are you planning to do bloods?

JayWalk39

Awards
Damn its that bad huh? well whatever I'm not gonna cut it less than 4 weeks so it is what it is
I have done a bunch of cycles and I thought I could muscle through 4 weeks, but the lethargy and just overall feeling like crop had me cut it short. The gains were great though and will most likely still try it again. I will say that I did a kicker of RAD and LGD and once I stopped the RAD I was able to continue the LGD for another 6 weeks and felt great.

migseattle

Awards
I have done a bunch of cycles and I thought I could muscle through 4 weeks, but the lethargy and just overall feeling like crop had me cut it short. The gains were great though and will most likely still try it again. I will say that I did a kicker of RAD and LGD and once I stopped the RAD I was able to continue the LGD for another 6 weeks and felt great.
Do you think your lethargy could have been due to suppression? Were/are you taking anything to offset the drop in testosterone while you run the SARMs?

DennisC1986

Awards
I am planning on getting bloods, unfortunately as I said I kinda jumped into this so no before bloods. But I do plan on getting bloods after and hopefully after pct as well.

DennisC1986

Awards
Also, recently started using myfitnesspal to log meals and discovered that on some days I'm eating upwards of 250 grams of protein. Is this a problem being only 150? I mean if they're just gonna be extra calories I'm cool with that since I'm trying to gain weight and I'm way too thin now, I just don't want any negative health issues. That being said apparently I've been eating this way for years and no issues yet. Obviously not comparing myself to these guys, but I'm sure Arnold or The Rock don't stick to 1 gram per pound of body weight.

JayWalk39

Awards
Do you think your lethargy could have been due to suppression? Were/are you taking anything to offset the drop in testosterone while you run the SARMs?
I was definitely suppressed, but I ran LGD for 6 weeks afterwards and felt 100 times better once I got off the RAD.

migseattle

Awards
I was definitely suppressed, but I ran LGD for 6 weeks afterwards and felt 100 times better once I got off the RAD.
Did you run anything to offset suppression while on LGD alone? I'm two weeks in, not feeling very suppressed yet but I'd like to mitigate it if possible. Thanks!

migseattle

Awards
Also, recently started using myfitnesspal to log meals and discovered that on some days I'm eating upwards of 250 grams of protein. Is this a problem being only 150? I mean if they're just gonna be extra calories I'm cool with that since I'm trying to gain weight and I'm way too thin now, I just don't want any negative health issues. That being said apparently I've been eating this way for years and no issues yet. Obviously not comparing myself to these guys, but I'm sure Arnold or The Rock don't stick to 1 gram per pound of body weight.
What's your total caloric intake? 1000 cals of protein alone seems high but I wouldn't think it's a problem. Just leave room for carbs and healthy fats within your total daily calories... oh and drink plenty of water to help those kidneys out :)

JayWalk39

Awards
Did you run anything to offset suppression while on LGD alone? I'm two weeks in, not feeling very suppressed yet but I'd like to mitigate it if possible. Thanks!
Nope. There are lots of logs showing that a test base does nothing to offset the RAD. However there are also accounts of people not being too impacted by lethargy so you may be one of the lucky ones.

DennisC1986

Awards
What are your guys thoughts on taking a test booster on cycle to try and lessen shutdown as much as possible? I'm asking because I came across a bottle of fenugreek in my room and if it might help at all, I'll add that in.

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are your guys thoughts on taking a test booster on cycle to try and lessen shutdown as much as possible? I'm asking because I came across a bottle of fenugreek in my room and if it might help at all, I'll add that in.
Ehh maybe 4 Andro, Trest maybe Epi-Andro. Do the test booster after with a serm ya dig.

DennisC1986

Awards
So today marks a week, or technically 8 days I guess since I took the first dose last Saturday. Strength and endurance seem to be slightly elevated, possibly only in my head this early. As far as side effects, my balls ached something fierce from like right after the first dose for about 3 days, then stopped abruptly. Libido might be down a bit but have no trouble getting the job done, it just feels...idk how to describe it. Forced, maybe? Weight is up maybe 1-2 pounds first thing in the morning, but I'll expect more next week since I'll try to do only 2-3 cardio sessions this week. Anyway, that's that. Any questions I'd be happy to answer.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Try Dermacrine to combat lethargy... Many guys say they won't cycle without it cause it really helps with energy levels....

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I only made it 20 days on rad last time; the lethargy was unbearable even on TRT keeping my levels at 1,000.

DennisC1986

Awards
Damn...I think I'm starting to feel it a bit but I'm trying to tough it out, I'm on like day nine. Had an awesome workout today, definitely in part cause of the rad. Did you make any decent gains in 20 days?

DennisC1986

Awards
aiming for around 2500 or so. I actually went back to something i haven't done since high school which is wake up around 3 to slam a protein shake. Like i said i ended up dropping a little too much weight, I definitely look heavier than i am, at least according to others, but 145 is not where i wanna be.

DennisC1986

Awards
What kinda gains did you make while you were on it? Im at day 9 and i think I'm just now starting to really feel the effects, much stronger in the gym today.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn...I think I'm starting to feel it a bit but I'm trying to tough it out, I'm on like day nine. Had an awesome workout today, definitely in part cause of the rad. Did you make any decent gains in 20 days?
I made great gains in those 20 days, but none stuck due to poor nutrition right after stopping.

DennisC1986

Awards
I made great gains in those 20 days, but none stuck due to poor nutrition right after stopping.
Damn that's rough. One thing I can say about myself though is that my nutrition is pretty on point. I am supposed to get a new tat next Saturday which I'm a little hesitant about having to take a few days off during this but I figure 2-3 days of rest and eating will only help my goals.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn that's rough. One thing I can say about myself though is that my nutrition is pretty on point. I am supposed to get a new tat next Saturday which I'm a little hesitant about having to take a few days off during this but I figure 2-3 days of rest and eating will only help my goals.
Well, I'm not sure how much was real "gains" and how much was enhanced glycogen storage and hardening like some better anabolics do; whatever was happening, it wasn't enough that lgd could mimic and solidify with a reduced caloric intake.

migseattle

Awards
aiming for around 2500 or so. I actually went back to something i haven't done since high school which is wake up around 3 to slam a protein shake. Like i said i ended up dropping a little too much weight, I definitely look heavier than i am, at least according to others, but 145 is not where i wanna be.
So 1000 cals from protein is 40%. I would probably dial it back a bit. Also... I would recommend that you try to squeeze that extra shake in during the day if possible. Meal timing is not that important and getting a solid night's sleep matters a lot more, in my opinion, for recovery and growth.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
So 1000 cals from protein is 40%. I would probably dial it back a bit. Also... I would recommend that you try to squeeze that extra shake in during the day if possible. Meal timing is not that important and getting a solid night's sleep matters a lot more, in my opinion, for recovery and growth.
IMO there is no reason to reduce protein intake if he feels good.
There are 3 things nutrition must contain:
-enough micros
-enough protein
-enough fats
...for normal body functions.

The rest of the calories may be filled with carbs, more proteins or more fats. What you should choose depens on your wellbeing.

That however only remains true for totally healthy individuums.

I agree on the sleep and suggest eating something long holding in the evening.

DennisC1986

Awards
I appreciate the advice. I know how important sleep is but I've suffered from horrible insomnia for years, so I wake up at least 3 times a night anyway. So if I wake up and I'm hungry I figured I might as well get some protein. But you're right, I will try to cut back, it just seems that most of the food I eat is protein based, I started eating a lot more healthy fats and I've been eating 200-250 grams of carbs, which is a lot for me cause I normally try to kind of crab cycle. Is that enough carbs, should I try to replace some of the protein with carbs?

DennisC1986

Awards
IMO there is no reason to reduce protein intake if he feels good.
There are 3 things nutrition must contain:
-enough micros
-enough protein
-enough fats
...for normal body functions.

The rest of the calories may be filled with carbs, more proteins or more fats. What you should choose depens on your wellbeing.

That however only remains true for totally healthy individuums.

I agree on the sleep and suggest eating something long holding in the evening.
Oh I didn't read this before commenting. I mean like I said I've been eating this way for years and body composition has been improving all along, i just didn't realize how much protein I was eating until I started tracking. But even if you go by the 1.5 g per lb of body weight, which I realize is on the upper end of the spectrum, that would still be about 225 grams for me, unless my math is way off. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't being on the RAD kind of benefit from increased protein, i.e. Better protein synthesis?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I appreciate the advice. I know how important sleep is but I've suffered from horrible insomnia for years, so I wake up at least 3 times a night anyway. So if I wake up and I'm hungry I figured I might as well get some protein. But you're right, I will try to cut back, it just seems that most of the food I eat is protein based, I started eating a lot more healthy fats and I've been eating 200-250 grams of carbs, which is a lot for me cause I normally try to kind of crab cycle. Is that enough carbs, should I try to replace some of the protein with carbs?
Oh I didn't read this before commenting. I mean like I said I've been eating this way for years and body composition has been improving all along, i just didn't realize how much protein I was eating until I started tracking. But even if you go by the 1.5 g per lb of body weight, which I realize is on the upper end of the spectrum, that would still be about 225 grams for me, unless my math is way off. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't being on the RAD kind of benefit from increased protein, i.e. Better protein synthesis?
If your bulking with Rad, you could definitely eat more carbs, but I wouldn't suggest dropping the protein at all while on Rad (or pct).

Have you tried any sleep aids for that insomnia? IML Dream N Grow works really well.

DennisC1986

Awards
If your bulking with Rad, you could definitely eat more carbs, but I wouldn't suggest dropping the protein at all while on Rad (or pct).

Have you tried any sleep aids for that insomnia? IML Dream N Grow works really well.
ok cool, Ill keep the protein pretty high. I figure at least for the next 20 days I'm on it, it really can't hurt. Yeah I've tried everything. I'm actually in recovery so I'm on trazodone for my insomnia/depression, which is about as hardcore as sleeping meds get and I'm still up 3-4 times a night.

DennisC1986

Awards
also, I'm hearing a lot about this Rebirth. Is this something I should consider adding to the real SERM during pct? or is this just overkill? if its just gonna do the same thing as Nolva but not as well id rather not spend th money on it

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
No need to get it. Its one of the best bets if pharma SERMs are not an option but it probably won't do much in addition.

DennisC1986

Awards
Also, I don't think I am, but how would i know if Im getting any gyno type side effects? would it just be an itching/tenderness in the nipple or is there anything else to worry about? I just worry cause I'm self conscious about my chest. Everyone I ask says that they're just developed pecs but man boobs scare the **** out of me.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ok cool, Ill keep the protein pretty high. I figure at least for the next 20 days I'm on it, it really can't hurt. Yeah I've tried everything. I'm actually in recovery so I'm on trazodone for my insomnia/depression, which is about as hardcore as sleeping meds get and I'm still up 3-4 times a night.
I was in the same boat a few years ago; insomnia after getting clean (6 years now) and was prescribed trazodone for a long time. I had to go up to 150mg to get a decent night sleep. After getting off that, I still cycle natural sleep aids, but nothing like phenibut.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I'm in recovery too (ex-heroin) and have been clean ~5yrs and still have insomnia. What works for me is stacking ZMA, melatonin, and 5-HTP. I'll also take zzyquil if I'm really sleepless or when I'm out of ZMA... Give it a try man... NOW Sports ZMA is pretty cheap...

DennisC1986

Awards
I'm in recovery too (ex-heroin) and have been clean ~5yrs and still have insomnia. What works for me is stacking ZMA, melatonin, and 5-HTP. I'll also take zzyquil if I'm really sleepless or when I'm out of ZMA... Give it a try man... NOW Sports ZMA is pretty cheap...
yeah man, dope for me too. Throwing myself into exercise and nutrition is the main thing keeping me clean. Well, I take orange Triad as my multi, which has 200% dv of zinc. I split it into two doses, morning and night, so I'm taking around 100% of daily value at night time. Do you think that is enough zinc to have the same effect as ZMA? obviously there magnesium and B vitamins in it too. I also alternate between unisom, benadryl, melatonin. Ive pretty much come to terms with it, its been that way since i was a kid, but i do often wonder how much more I might progress if i got 8 hours uninterrupted every night. I haven't slept more than 3-4 hours straight in years.

DennisC1986

Awards
I was in the same boat a few years ago; insomnia after getting clean (6 years now) and was prescribed trazodone for a long time. I had to go up to 150mg to get a decent night sleep. After getting off that, I still cycle natural sleep aids, but nothing like phenibut.

yeah its rough, the higher i dose the trazodone, I still wake up during the night, but getting out of bed the next morning is hell. Im out of work at the moment so its not too bad, but i don't know what i would do if i had to get up at say 6 am. Id have to go to sleep at 7 pm haha

DennisC1986

Awards
Do you think yo guys could better explain the mechanism of action for RAD? in slightly more layman terms? I mean from what I understand it just kind of mimics the effect of test on the androgen receptors, right? So basically you're HPTA is shut down, and your not introducing exogenous test, so you're kind of getting the effects of test while basically having none in your body?

DennisC1986

Awards

Ah, i just read this has kratom in it? Ive actually used it in the past to try and get off the harder stuff. Ill check it out