Hawthorne for BP

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anybody use this for BP cycle support? I just picked some up; trying to get my Systolic back in 130s (now in 140s). What dose do you use?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
If you are on Anabolics right now and your bp is too high you should not add in hawthorne berry right now as it can increase blood pressure in the first time of administration. Thats why one should frontload it one to two weeks before cycle.

I would use about 2-3g daily.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you are on Anabolics right now and your bp is too high you should not add in hawthorne berry right now as it can increase blood pressure in the first time of administration. Thats why one should frontload it one to two weeks before cycle.

I would use about 2-3g daily.
I'm not on right now; been off about a week. I have 300mg caps of 2.2% vitexin extract.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, I don't know how to dose that extract.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How long does it take about to start working so I can know to increase the dose or not?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A cycle support such as CEL CYCLE ASSIST will assist with blood pressure issues.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
How long does it take about to start working so I can know to increase the dose or not?
First one to two weeks the blood pressure may rise, but after that (or better said somewhere in this time) the blood pressure lowering effects will take place.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Anybody use this for BP cycle support? I just picked some up; trying to get my Systolic back in 130s (now in 140s). What dose do you use?
My mom takes hawthorne to lower her blood pressure. She doesn't lift heavy, but she does work out at a small local gym. I am also fairly sure she isn't running any cycle.

Want me ask what dose she's taking?

:biglaugh:

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not on right now; been off about a week. I have 300mg caps of 2.2% vitexin extract.
I believe that's a 50:1 extract so 2 caps daily will get you the dose you need.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My mom takes hawthorne to lower her blood pressure. She doesn't lift heavy, but she does work out at a small local gym. I am also fairly sure she isn't running any cycle.

Want me ask what dose she's taking?

:biglaugh:
Well, glad to hear it works for her nevertheless!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Well, glad to hear it works for her nevertheless!
Yeah she started taking it alongside her medication and it dropped her pressure so low she couldn't get out of bed. So when quit her medication and used hawthorne under her doc's supervision.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah she started taking it alongside her medication and it dropped her pressure so low she couldn't get out of bed. So when quit her medication and used hawthorne under her doc's supervision.
Holy smokes. That's what I need. I'm tired of having "prehypertension" even on bisoprolol. I want to run my next cycle without having to worry my BP will spike again (I'll still check it of course).

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Holy smokes. That's what I need. I'm tired of having "prehypertension" even on bisoprolol. I want to run my next cycle without having to worry my BP will spike again (I'll still check it of course).
Raw garlic 1 piece every 6 hrs . Add it in to what your doing also . Look into beets.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does it matter what kind of beet juice or when I drink it? Where do you even get it, any grocery store?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Don't try raw garlic. You should get an extract that is fermented in the way to get the smell away.

Beet juice is incredible for endurance at 0,5 l per day but I just can't drink something that disgusting every day.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beet juice and raw garlic? Sounds disgusting but I'll try almost anything to get my BP down now. Much appreciated.
Been juice contains nitrates, they make an extract of that as well. You could always try potassium nitrate, tastes a little better than beets ;)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Been juice contains nitrates, they make an extract of that as well. You could always try potassium nitrate, tastes a little better than beets ;)
I see vitamin shoppe has purus labs noxygen, which contains glycerol and betaine nitrate. Probably the way to go eh?
There's no difference between using that everyday vs beet root juice/extract everyday right?
Also, this can be combined with Agmatine and other normal pre workout ingredients without any issue right?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I see vitamin shoppe has purus labs noxygen, which contains glycerol and betaine nitrate. Probably the way to go eh?
There's no difference between using that everyday vs beet root juice/extract everyday right?
Also, this can be combined with Agmatine and other normal pre workout ingredients without any issue right?
Might work . Ive found naturally occurring nitrates to help me a little better . Some of those supps are garbage or make things worse.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Might work . Ive found naturally occurring nitrates to help me a little better . Some of those supps are garbage or make things worse.
Gotcha. But you haven't found any interactions with Agmatine, citrulline or arginine etc and nitrates?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha. But you haven't found any interactions with Agmatine, citrulline or arginine etc and nitrates?
No worries there. Nitrates and pde5's are not to be mixed, your combos are gtg.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Last question, when using nitrates or beet root for blood pressure, does it matter if it's dosed once or twice a day or more?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last question, when using nitrates or beet root for blood pressure, does it matter if it's dosed once or twice a day or more?
Once a day worked for me but split dosing would probably be the best way to keep bp stable.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
The levels are more stabile with dosing more often. However with beet root there was a study showing more endurance with dosing one a day what would suggest that dosing once per day is enough, also for effects on bp.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The levels are more stabile with dosing more often. However with beet root there was a study showing more endurance with dosing one a day what would suggest that dosing once per day is enough, also for effects on bp.
My thoughts as well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Once a day worked for me but split dosing would probably be the best way to keep bp stable.
Thanks guys. I ended up getting both the purus labs noxygen product and beetroot powder by eclectic labs. I'll use the beetroot powder in the morning and the noxygen 12 hours later pre workout.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any chance the glycerol in some of these nitrate products can increase blood pressure? If it increases blood volume and everything else is constant, wouldn't that put more pressure on the pipe that contains it?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any chance the glycerol in some of these nitrate products can increase blood pressure? If it increases blood volume and everything else is constant, wouldn't that put more pressure on the pipe that contains it?
I don't think it will increase blood volume to that extent. I've used plenty of products with large doses of hydromax and had no bp issues with them.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think it will increase blood volume to that extent. I've used plenty of products with large doses of hydromax and had no bp issues with them.
Gotcha. Thanks.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nitrates, olive leaf extract, celery see extract, pomegranate extract. Hawthorne is more for supporting the electrical conductivity of the heart and its rhythm. The ones above have research behind them that would be more specific to your concerns.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Nitrates, olive leaf extract, celery see extract, pomegranate extract. Hawthorne is more for supporting the electrical conductivity of the heart and its rhythm. The ones above have research behind them that would be more specific to your concerns.
Oh. Thats new to me. Might have to take Hawthorne berry myself in that case.
Do you have a link on that? Would be awesome.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Yeah that Kyolic AGE has good data on it.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Tbh idk . I eat quite a bit of raw garlic . It also improves other thongs as well.
"improves other thongs"

Exaggerated claim! We need to see the thong pictures for verification. hairygrandpa and smith_69 can judge the thong improvements.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"improves other thongs"

Exaggerated claim! We need to see the thong pictures for verification. hairygrandpa and smith_69 can judge the thong improvements.
I eat garlic too, for lowering BP.
Flossing my teeth with a used thong removes accumulated thong-crumbles from the thong, while overpowering my garlic breath.

thong.jpg

crumbles.jpg

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I eat garlic too, for lowering BP.
Flossing my teeth with a used thong removes accumulated thong-crumbles from the thong, while overpowering my garlic breath.

View attachment 136993

View attachment 136994
Thanks for that nausea this morning!

But seriously, took 2 tsp of the beetroot powder and puked that junk up everywhere. I felt like I was in a horror flick...violently vomiting blood red $h1t outside in my lawn this morning. So, how do I get it down without hurling?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
You just don't get the horror away. One has to suffer.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You just don't get the horror away. One has to suffer.
Perfect. On the plus side, my BP was 133/82 this morning, when it's been reading 148/80ish at the same time the past week or so.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
L-theanine: 200mg twice daily to reduce arterial resistance

Terminalia Arjuna: 500mg three times daily to take the stress off the left ventricle

Celery seed extract: 75mg twice daily as it mimics a calcium channel blocker and mild diuretic

Ditch the hawthorn berry imo. Nitrates like potassium nitrate are extremely helpful also and cheap.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be pretty concerned with a systolic in the 140s