Test booster during or after PCT?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what the typical protocol is of running natty test boosters after a ph cycle... I'm planning on running Sup3r-11 for 8 wks and have nolva for my PCT (20/10/10). I also have some Alphamax XT, 2 bottles of Dermastrength Unleashed, and 2 bottles of Follidrone 2.0.

Should I start the Alphamax and Laxo when I start the 3 wks of nolva? I was planning on running the Follidrone as soon as I finished with the SERM...

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Things like fadogia , horny goat weed , maca , fenugreek and tribulus are good for during pct and something like longjack/Tongkat Ali after pct to free up testosterone

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Things like fadogia , horny goat weed , maca , fenugreek and tribulus are good for during pct and something like longjack/Tongkat Ali after pct to free up testosterone
What's actually happening when you take a SERM pct? Are you only suppressing estrogen?

K

Killcure666

Awards
The two most common SERMs clomid/nolva work via competitive inhibition of the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus senses estrogen as its primary indicator of testosterone levels in the body due to its conversion into estrogen via the enzyme aromatase.

SERMS act as antagonists of the estrogen receptor by binding strongly and preventing estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors. The body senses that there are low levels of estrogen since SERMS don't activate the receptor and the body produces more GnRH, more LH/FSH and ultimately more testosterone.

Estrogen isn't necessarily suppressed with a SERM, the receptors are simply blocked. The estrogen is still there just freely floating around.

JMark

JMark

Awards
Should OL sup3r pct be taken with serm or after? With I'm guessing.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Should OL sup3r pct be taken with serm or after? With I'm guessing.
With SERM, as in during PCT. Sup3r pct is not a "test booster" in the way alphamax or test1fy could be said to be.

If you want to run a test booster, I think they are best utilised after PCT.

U

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The two most common SERMs clomid/nolva work via competitive inhibition of the estrogen receptors in the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus senses estrogen as its primary indicator of testosterone levels in the body due to its conversion into estrogen via the enzyme aromatase.

SERMS act as antagonists of the estrogen receptor by binding strongly and preventing estrogen from binding to estrogen receptors. The body senses that there are low levels of estrogen since SERMS don't activate the receptor and the body produces more GnRH, more LH/FSH and ultimately more testosterone.

Estrogen isn't necessarily suppressed with a SERM, the receptors are simply blocked. The estrogen is still there just freely floating around.
This is the clearest explanation ive read on the MOA of SERMs

nick76

nick76

Awards
So if I have a SERM, Super PCT, and Testify. It would be best to take the Serm and Super PCT first followed by testify? Or all together at once?

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
So if I have a SERM, Super PCT, and Testify. It would be best to take the Serm and Super PCT first followed by testify? Or all together at once?
There appear to be good arguments either way. I just think a stronger argument could be made for running your tbooster after PCT, or at least bridging it.

K

Killcure666

Awards
I agree with the statement above. During PCT you have BOTH the SERM and sup3r PCT boosting your T levels. At this point testify would be overkill and you likely wouldn't notice anything since the SERM would overpower its effects.

Now after PCT! You're no longer getting the SERM boost so adding in testify at this point would help your body reach a high homeostatic testosterone level.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Now after PCT! You're no longer getting the SERM boost so adding in testify at this point would help your body reach a high homeostatic testosterone level.
Or at the very least it is slowing the innevitable post-PCT test decline.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I use DAA during and after PCT. I love the stuff.