Blood work protocols

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd start a thread to get ideas on different ways/places to get blood work done, so I can better understand the process before running a cycle and just blindly taking a SERM. I'm wondering how many people discuss using PH/AAS/SARMS with their dr.s, what the typical responses they get are, etc.

Also, when do you guys get bloods done in relation to the cycle (pre, half-way, post, pct, post pct)? This may seem like a stupid ass thread, but I bet many new forum members and people thinking of running their first cycle would benefit from this knowledge. It seems that a common theme I see in a lot of threads are people not wanting to take a SERM post cycle; either opting for an OTC SERM, or searching for less suppressive compounds so they can run an OTC SERM (though still might be suppressed after their pct)... I'm guessing if more people did bloods there'd be less "do I have gyno?" threads with dudes talking about pinching their nipples... Thoughts?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I thought I'd start a thread to get ideas on different ways/places to get blood work done, so I can better understand the process before running a cycle and just blindly taking a SERM. I'm wondering how many people discuss using PH/AAS/SARMS with their dr.s, what the typical responses they get are, etc.

Also, when do you guys get bloods done in relation to the cycle (pre, half-way, post, pct, post pct)? This may seem like a stupid ass thread, but I bet many new forum members and people thinking of running their first cycle would benefit from this knowledge. It seems that a common theme I see in a lot of threads are people not wanting to take a SERM post cycle; either opting for an OTC SERM, or searching for less suppressive compounds so they can run an OTC SERM (though still might be suppressed after their pct)... I'm guessing if more people did bloods there'd be less "do I have gyno?" threads with dudes talking about pinching their nipples... Thoughts?

Not dumb! Perfect thread man.

hide83

Awards
Labs md female hormone panel. 75 bucks and it has everything you need. Lipids would need to be checked separately.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got to get a full workup every 3 months due to my job so I never thought about it, but pre and 8-12 weeks post would be ideal.

CBC + CMP + Thyroid + Lipids are a must. An HbA1c yearly should be standard in addition to a CRP. If your creatinine shows any elevation I'd be getting a cystatin C done.

Hormone panels are dependent on how much you care about recovery.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been on trt for idk six months or so....

First visit he did full blood panel. Insurance paid like 2300 I paid 200, that was for everything.

Second time I gave blood much quicker bill was like 35 after insurance.

I go tomorrow for appointment and bloods, that's when he goes over the second bloods.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For ****s and giggles when I took my first bloods. I was in week two of PCT - Nolva,and anabeta, exemestan.

I tested 550ish (can't remember exactly) and my cholesterol etc was so good my Dr was dumb founded. He said I was one of the healthiest 39 year olds he's ever met.

And I eat sd like jelly beans....lol jk

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For ****s and giggles when I took my first bloods. I was in week two of PCT - after 20+ weeks of cypionate. Nolva,and anabeta, exemestan.

I tested 550ish (can't remember exactly) and my cholesterol etc was so good my Dr was dumb founded. He said I was one of the healthiest 39 year olds he's ever met.

And I eat sd like jelly beans....lol jk