Will plastic vials work?

mikemc

Awards
Is it safe to put deca from a sachet into a plastic vial?

mikemc

Awards
yes. it had bacteriostatic water in it that I used to mix hcg.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, the reason Amber glass vials are Amber colored is to block out uv light. Some drugs including a lot of steroids undergo a process called photolysis where the light slowly breaks them down. The speed at which they are broken down by light is different per hormone, but best practice is amber vial. They're only like a dollar or two on eBay.

mikemc

Awards
I gotcha. I had already put 10 ml of deca in the plastic vial before I thought to ask. I keep it in a cabinet out of the light. Do you think it would be ok to roll with it this time? Or will it contaminate it and I should just chunk it?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotcha. I had already put 10 ml of deca in the plastic vial before I thought to ask. I keep it in a cabinet out of the light. Do you think it would be ok to roll with it this time? Or will it contaminate it and I should just chunk it?
I have no idea about contamination or how sterile your vials are; but if kept outa light I wouldn't worry about it.

mikemc

Awards
Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time with me. the vial should be sterile. I emptied the extra water out and put the deca straight in. I will order some amber vials for next time.