Please clean area before pinning

irvingb

Awards
I currently work as a clinical microbiologist and I have been seeing a sharp increase in ESBL E. coli and Klebsiella wound infection as well as MRSA and Bacteriodies. Please sanitize the area and use sterile needles these organism are not to play around with. Sorry to sound like a downer, but these are very serious infections. And I will say it shocks me how many people don't understand that bacteria are everywhere.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
As a microbiologist you should know pretty good that bacteria are the perfect organisms to play around with. So much easier to alter than eukaryonts xD

But yea you are totally right. One should clean the injection site use sterile equipment AND sterile injectables but I think the last point is even more problematic with UG Lab stuff.

irvingb

Awards
Most bacteria are enjoyable to play they do exactly what one would expect in and on culture media...except campylobacter it's a bratty pain in the behind. The UG labs are the biggest problem especially since they cannot properly sterilize their equipment or product. People would be surprised what can grow. I've grown E.coli out of Clorox

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh. You mean I shouldn't reuse the same needles and use an old, bloody rag to wipe the spot clean? Damn... My boy Bostin Loyd letting me down!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh. You mean I shouldn't reuse the same needles and use an old, bloody rag to wipe the spot clean? Damn... My boy Bostin Loyd letting me down!
I'm doing it wrong it seems.