Question

N0obLifter

Awards
Hey all so I'm pretty new, and I'm thinking about taking rhe plunge, & using Test E for 12 weeks, nolvadex PCT.
I'm just wondering, what does being on Test feel like? I see mixed info all over the net so gets confusing AF.
and while I'm on cycle, what sort of sides can I realistically expect?
It can't be as test + pct = gains kept.
That gotta be BS.
Help please! !

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sides with test are usually very mild and dose dependent. Always have an AI or SERM on hand in case your estro prone. Not to be a dick, but your name is nooblifter, so idk if your really just starting out or not. If you are please stay away from the gear for awhile, it's not even necessary if you are just starting. Now if your older, 30 and up, and just starting, a boost of test may do you some good. In fact, your doc would probably give it to you no questions asked if your old enough.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh, and what it's like. Well for me, the first thing I always notice is a little extra sex drive around week two and some more energy. Week 4 is when I start to notice things picking up. Weights become a little lighter, pumps start to get more intense, and energy and stamina in the gym increase, you dont feel as tired after a workout. Now, as far as keeping gains or making them go; if your not running a calorie surplus and eating a protein surplus to put you into a positive nitrogen balance you wont gain anything. PCT should allow you to keep the majority of your gains, at least 75% of them on a test cycle. As long as you do a proper PCT, keep working out, and eating right, you should end up with a net gain of lean muslce after pct has ended.

N0obLifter

Awards
oh, and what it's like. Well for me, the first thing I always notice is a little extra sex drive around week two and some more energy. Week 4 is when I start to notice things picking up. Weights become a little lighter, pumps start to get more intense, and energy and stamina in the gym increase, you dont feel as tired after a workout. Now, as far as keeping gains or making them go; if your not running a calorie surplus and eating a protein surplus to put you into a positive nitrogen balance you wont gain anything. PCT should allow you to keep the majority of your gains, at least 75% of them on a test cycle. As long as you do a proper PCT, keep working out, and eating right, you should end up with a net gain of lean muslce after pct has ended.
Cheers bro, answered everything. Yeah I've been lifting for about 2 years and I'm now 30 haha

N0obLifter

Awards
Oh and I'm looking at cruising test e. Then nolvadex for pct. I eat at a regular amount of around 1800 kcal. I'm looking at building and losing my spare tyre as I'm lean everywhere but the stomach

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh and I'm looking at cruising test e. Then nolvadex for pct. I eat at a regular amount of around 1800 kcal. I'm looking at building and losing my spare tyre as I'm lean everywhere but the stomach
Well for me test cyp was my favorite, I used gear pretty regularly from my late 20s to my late 30s. It really made me "feel" alpha, upbeat, and usually helped me focus during the power lifting days..
I will tell you depending on the dosage bloat can be an issue, for me it started around 600 mg or so per week. 1800 calories will not be enough as it really cranks up the appetite and don't worry, you will lose the belly fat, choose your macros wisely.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
May I ask your height and bodyfat?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
weight?

N0obLifter

Awards
Oh and im looking at:

AS Labs Test E, 12 week cycle, with a PCT nolvadex

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why? Nolva is a SERM. He needs an AI, not Clomid IMO. Clomid would be useful but not a necessity
Yes an AI on cycle, but nolva is ER alpha selective, this is the receptor that stimulates breast growth. The hypothalamus primarily expresses ER beta, and clomiphene is ER beta selective, but can act as an ER alpha agonist depending on the E2 concentration. So nolva will not do nearly the job that clomiphene will. Therefore clomiphene should not be used in men without concurrent nolvadex treatment.

N0obLifter

Awards
Well Im here for assistance. This stuff is pricey and money is a factor

N0obLifter

Awards
It's my first ever cycle by the way
So im thinking AS Labs Test E and Nolva as PCT.

This a good idea?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a poster above said, i prefer clomid for recovery.
Agreed on a simple test cycle but he already has Nolva which will suffice and money is a factor. Clomid would send his test through the roof, though.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Agreed on a simple test cycle but he already has Nolva which will suffice and money is a factor. Clomid would send his test through the roof, though.
I thought he was using nolva on cycle too instead of an AI. Guess i misread. But yeah nolva would be okay, not a fan of nolva only PCT's though.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought he was using nolva on cycle too instead of an AI. Guess i misread. But yeah nolva would be okay, not a fan of nolva only PCT's though.
This is a good thing; nolva doesn't select for the correct receptor to stimulate the pituitary. If your scared of gyno in pct take nolva with clomid. Use an AI on cycle. But the pituitary does not express the correct receptor to respond in a large way to tamoxifen.

N0obLifter

Awards
So.. should I not use nolva for pct?
I need something for after pinning..

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look; hands down nolva clomid pct. look up dr scally, he is a physician and this is very successful in his practice.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah.. by that I mean after my cycle
Please believe me; I'll be a dr in two more years. I'm not just some bro pulling stuff of the web. Nolva and clomid pct; if you don't have the cash wait a month and get some clomid. It will only cost 40-60$ and can be the difference in a successful and speedy pct and a slow gain sucking one.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So.. should I not use nolva for pct?
I need something for after pinning..
Nolva will be fine as a SERM for PCT. Others prefer Clomid but the notion that Nolva won't work is false.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nolva will be fine as a SERM for PCT. Others prefer Clomid but the notion that Nolva won't work is false.
Correct; but it will hit the pituitary with something like 1/10 the potency of clomiphene. Your thinking that estrogen receptors are all the same. They are different in different tissues and different estrogens bind different estrogen receptors.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nolva will keep gyno at bay, but won't do nearly what clomiphene will do to restore testosterone production.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct; but it will hit the pituitary with something like 1/10 the potency of clomiphene. Your thinking that estrogen receptors are all the same. They are different in different tissues and different estrogens bind different estrogen receptors.
Not at all. Nolva is better served in PCT if you have gyno concerns. Clomid will skyrocket test. However, he said money is a concern and he has Nolva. He'll recover fine with Nolva. It's worked for me several times and comes without the reported side effects of Clomid.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not at all. Nolva is better served in PCT if you have gyno concerns. Clomid will skyrocket test. However, he said money is a concern and he has Nolva. He'll recover fine with Nolva. It's worked for me several times and comes without the reported side effects of Clomid.
I didn't say it was worthless, or that it wouldn't have an effect, but it is not the best choice. Clomipehene is still the first line DOC when attempting to restore pituitary function, I just rechecked the clinical practice guidelines in lexicomp.

N0obLifter

Awards
Awesome, thanks

N0obLifter

Awards
Thankyou all for your help x

My plan is this:
12 week blast and cruise of test e.
Pinning twice a week
10 day gap
Nolvadex for pct.

I'm around 25-30% BF at the moment
All of it appears to be on my stomach.
During this 3 month period how much belly fat do you pros think I will burn? I eat clean and work out 4 times a week.
Strength and cardio split.
(30-40 mins of each)

Retarded plan or on point?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Thankyou all for your help x

My plan is this:
12 week blast and cruise of test e.
Pinning twice a week
10 day gap
Nolvadex for pct.

I'm around 25-30% BF at the moment
All of it appears to be on my stomach.
During this 3 month period how much belly fat do you pros think I will burn? I eat clean and work out 4 times a week.
Strength and cardio split.
(30-40 mins of each)

Retarded plan or on point?
Soley depending on which workout style and your nutrition...

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
If done correctly 12 weekers usually offer a stunning transformation. My advice to you is do your research on every aspect and go over your plan with a pro . Someone who has enough brains to tell u honestly if your making a mistake . Good luck to you !

N0obLifter

Awards
If done correctly 12 weekers usually offer a stunning transformation. My advice to you is do your research on every aspect and go over your plan with a pro . Someone who has enough brains to tell u honestly if your making a mistake . Good luck to you !
Haha that's why I am here!!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Haha that's why I am here!!
Good choice . If this is your first test cycle ,
What dose do u plan on running ? 250 to 300 is most common amongst 1st cycles . I ran 500 test p wat a ****in mistake for a first cycle ... this was 17 yrs ago.

N0obLifter

Awards
Good choice . If this is your first test cycle ,
What dose do u plan on running ? 250 to 300 is most common amongst 1st cycles . I ran 500 test p wat a ****in mistake for a first cycle ... this was 17 yrs ago.
Looking at 500 a week.
2 lots of 250
Literally running to burn my belly to be honest, Hulk.
My workout is a split between cardio and weight training 4 days a week.

Been training for a year, lost a few inches but getting negged out at little or no further progress. Hence the time to try test

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Looking at 500 a week.
2 lots of 250
Literally running to burn my belly to be honest, Hulk.
My workout is a split between cardio and weight training 4 days a week.

Been training for a year, lost a few inches but getting negged out at little or no further progress. Hence the time to try test
Minor tweaks is the key to success.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
You are not ready for steroids. You have so much room to improve without using test right now.
I call bullsh1t on you eating properly during cycle because you obviously don't know how to do that yet.

I'm sorry to be harsh but I'm being honest. Learn to eat and learn to train. Lose some fat and save some money and run a proper cycle with a proper pct.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Your body fat puts you at higher risk for complications and it sounds like you have no AI available, or plans to check bloods.

You think you've reached your limits after a year of training? Give your head a shake.
This sport takes more than just steroids... You need to learn the basics still.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your body fat puts you at higher risk for complications and it sounds like you have no AI available, or plans to check bloods.

You think you've reached your limits after a year of training? Give your head a shake.
This sport takes more than just steroids... You need to learn the basics still.
Agreed; I had been training for three years when I ran my first cycle. But in the other hand he said he was thirty. So he may be a TRT candidate; in for baseline bloods...

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Agreed; I had been training for three years when I ran my first cycle. But in the other hand he said he was thirty. So he may be a TRT candidate; in for baseline bloods...
If money is an issue and he is gunho to run this we probably won't see any bloods. Maybe we'll see a thread with follow up concerns though, when he's halfway through cycle and running into problems.
Even if he is a TRT candidate he still has lots to learn and do with his physique before considering steroids.
4 days a week training and cardio... Give me a break! Get in the gym and train like you actually give a fuk... And do it 7 days a week. No wonder your not progressing passed your initial noob gains.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
If money is an issue and he is gunho to run this we probably won't see any bloods. Maybe we'll see a thread with follow up concerns though, when he's halfway through cycle and running into problems.
Even if he is a TRT candidate he still has lots to learn and do with his physique before considering steroids.
4 days a week training and cardio... Give me a break! Get in the gym and train like you actually give a fuk... And do it 7 days a week. No wonder your not progressing passed your initial noob gains.
Can't agree with anyone more, everytime i go above 15% BF when i bulk i cut before even touching anything so i mitigate sides. I'm 183 pounds and 12% bf right now and im still iffy on running another cycle, see if i can get some more gains natty for a bit.. and i have a lot of cycles. But is 183% at 5'8 12%body fat my bodys best natural potential? Probably not. Also if moneys ever an issue dont run a cycle, so many things can happen on cycle you need to have cash on hand to have things ready.

N0obLifter

Awards
Thanks for the heads up (and lack of supporrt)
I'm only gonna run test, not Tren or Deca
Little help and info is why I came here, not to be shut down by elitest 'bros' with a hulk photo.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Little help and info is why I came here, not to be shut down by elitest 'bros' with a hulk photo.
I think that is wise. I don't think he meant any offence man. He just meant that you have a high BF and that sides may be a problem. Just be aware of them.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
dave39, 6,1@ 235lbs is pretty jacked man NICE :D

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Also @ N0obLifter, I know that you want to cut, but 1800 cals is not enough on cycle bro you will die of hunger, try like 2500 and go down maybe :D.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
You can always pm me or one of the guys . Good choice , make sure you have your serm and ai before you start .

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
If what you came here for is help and good info than that's what you've received. I'm not elitist, I'm honest and care. I've done the research, and have experience, and am sharing that info with you since you are too lazy to do it yourself. I'm harsh because I'm interested in giving valuable info, not wasting my time trying to "childproof" my posts.

If you came here to hear what you want to hear and get support from people on running a cycle when you are not ready for it than I will stay out of your threads.

It's your life, do what you want, its just sad that you think steroids are your saviour when you haven't even learned how to train or eat yet.