First Test Cycle Log!

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Hey all! It's been a while since I've been on here. I used to be on here constantly logging all kind of PH cycles and after taking over a year off of any type of hormones I'm ready for my first injected cycle!

I won't be starting for about two weeks but I wanted to start this thread early to give some info about myself, my cycle, and my training. Not only will this log be for sharing how I react and grow to the testosterone for my first time, but also to log and track my training progress.

I'll start with information about myself and my cycle!

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 221lbs

Training: I've been training since 2008, my first few years I had no damn idea what I was doing.. I just wanted to be ripped so I would not eat and do too much volume.. I weight around 170lbs of pure bone. Around 2011 I started training with my buddy who helped me out with nutrition and over around 3 years bumped up to around 190lbs. I started powerlifting almost 2 years ago and gained up to around 220.

My style of training is somewhat close the the Westside Barbell style of training, but I'll get back to that in another post.

Best Lifts
Squat: 450
Bench: 335 (close-grip pause)
Deadlift: 515 (sumo) 500 (conventional)

Now for my cycle!

I'll be starting with Test Cyp, I have two 10ml vials at 300mg/ml.

Test Cyp -- 250mg/twice per week for 12 weeks.
Arimidex -- 0.25mg/ED to start for all 12 weeks.
Cytomel T3 -- 50-100mcg throughout

For PCT I have good ol' Nolva and Clomid because I feel more comfortable using both! :)

My goals are really to recomp and just feel out test for the first time. I'll be eating tons of protein, controlling carb timing to be around my workouts, and taking the T3. I will not be in a caloric deficit but I will be eating very clean (as I do not eat too clean right now). My toughest part is going to be no beer for 16 weeks!!!! (I love beer) but I want to do it for the cycle.

I'll post more later and I hope a ton of you sub and jump on for the ride!

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Cycle is fine but don't run the adex unless you need it. You need estrogen to grow. If you haven't used test before than you'll want to learn how your body reacts to it. Don't take more drugs just for the sake of it. I made that mistake and it definitely made a negative impact.

Also, you will probably get a bit of recomp effect based on your diet but why bother? I also made this exact same mistake and feel like it was a waste of gear.

If you're going to run the gear than feed your body and train harder than you've ever trained before so you can let the drugs do their job.
Eating at maintenance, or slightly above, is a waste in my opinion.

If I could go back and redo my first cycle I would've eaten like a horse and trained beyond my normal workouts. Your body heals so fast as long as you eat enough and sleep enough.

This is just advice man but honestly, it sucks looking back at the end of a cycle and having regrets. Recomping for a first cycle would give 9/10 people that feeling of regret. Go big or don't bother with the gear. iMHO

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Cycle is fine but don't run the adex unless you need it. You need estrogen to grow. If you haven't used test before than you'll want to learn how your body reacts to it. Don't take more drugs just for the sake of it. I made that mistake and it definitely made a negative impact.

Also, you will probably get a bit of recomp effect based on your diet but why bother? I also made this exact same mistake and feel like it was a waste of gear.

If you're going to run the gear than feed your body and train harder than you've ever trained before so you can let the drugs do their job.
Eating at maintenance, or slightly above, is a waste in my opinion.

If I could go back and redo my first cycle I would've eaten like a horse and trained beyond my normal workouts. Your body heals so fast as long as you eat enough and sleep enough.

This is just advice man but honestly, it sucks looking back at the end of a cycle and having regrets. Recomping for a first cycle would give 9/10 people that feeling of regret. Go big or don't bother with the gear. iMHO
I appreciate the feedback, I will take your advice with both the AI and the calories. I planned on lifting harder than ever before but I'll definitely eat a ton!!

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
So everything necessary should be here within the next week so my plan to start is a week from today! I need some advice on protein powder, I'm going to post my usual diet below but I know I need to increase things drastically for this cycle. I am what you'd say.. an easy gainer. I was very fat until I was around 19 years old. I maintain weight around 2,000 calories per day naturally and my body loves to hold on to water.

I've never been too into protein powders but I'd like to add some for this run to increase my protein intake, most I use always taste like crap and make me bloated. What do you all recommend?

Here is my usual diet:

Meal 1 (Wake Up 7am) -- 27c 15f 46p
•3 Whole Eggs
•1 Cup Egg Whites
•Banana

(Go on morning walk or bike ride)

Meal 2 (PWO 9am) -- 33c 32f 25p
•1/4 cup oatmeal
•3/4 cup protein soy milk
•1 TBSP peanut butter
•1 cup Greek yogurt

Meal 3 (Post Workout 12pm) -- 79c 12f 80p
•2 cans of tuna
•1 TBSP light mayo
•4 slices 100% whole grain bread
•1 package broccoli steamer
•Green apple

Meal 4 (Protein snack at work) -- 9c 5f 46p
•4 cups raw spinach
•1/2 cup raw shredded carrots
•8oz Chicken Breast

Meal 5 (Dinner) -- ???????
•I eat dinner with my family everyday and my girl and I tend to cook different things (I have a strange living situation atm, my girl and I are staying with my aunt and uncle while we look for a new place in the area we just moved to)
•Don't overeat!!!!!
•Make good choices

Including dinner I usually end up around 200 carb, 85 fat, and 240 protein. On non workout days I tend to just cut carbs throughout the day.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Your diet and macros looks good man. Protein powder is not a "must have". If you prefer real food than definitely eat real food... it is ALWAYS the better choice. We could recommend some powders for you but everyone's taste buds are different. Try an isolate if you haven't yet... that might not make you feel as bloated.
Eat real food whenever possible.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
So I just did my first injection, actually my lady did it for me! 250mgs of Test C to the rear was flawless, did not feel a thing.. Literally! My glute is already getting a bit sore though. Also took .25mg of Arimidex! Let the games begin!!!

DonaldPump

DonaldPump

Awards
So I just did my first injection, actually my lady did it for me! 250mgs of Test C to the rear was flawless, did not feel a thing.. Literally! My glute is already getting a bit sore though. Also took .25mg of Arimidex! Let the games begin!!!
Subbed for gains!

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
First workout of the cycle, great success! Obviously there is nothing to note about the drugs because.. well it's been a day but I figured I'd post my workout anyway!

Today was Max Effort Lower and today's variation was a pin squat, slightly above parallel, wide stance.

Max Effort Upper

Wide-stance Pin Squat (1" above parallel)
95lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 1
205lbs x 1
225lbs x 1
250lbs x 1
275lbs x 1
315lbs x 1 (I stopped here due to the wide stance irritating my hip)
225lbs -- 3 sets of 5 which was about 72% of the max I hit today

Leg Extensions (One of my recent favorite ways to do sets is 5 sets of 25,20,15,10,5 -- gets me feeling REALLLL pumped)
70lbs x 25
90lbs x 20
115lbs x 15
140lbs x 10
190lbs x 5

Leg Press (Extremely close stance, heels were touching)
1 plate -- 190lbs x 8
2 plates -- 280lbs x 8
3 plates -- 370lbs x 8
4 plates -- 460lbs x 8

Walking Lunges
Bodyweight -- 2x20

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Didn't post yesterday because I went straight from the gym to a 9 hour shift at work and ended up closing.
So it's now the 4th day since my first injection and my right glute is so soreeeeeee. Apparently she wiggled a little and didn't tell me which is probably why I'm so sore. Tonight will be my 2nd injection in the other glute, so hopefully it'll be a bit better. In a strange way... I'm looking forward to it.

Yesterday was Dynamic Upper and the way I do this is start with flat bench at 65% for 25 reps, so I did a 5x5. Each week I increase the percentage by 5% and decrease the total reps by 2-5 reps. I then follow flat bench with a shoulder workout.

Dynamic Upper

Bench Press (paused reps)
195lbs -- 5x5

Dumbbell Lateral Raise/Front Raise Super Set
10lbs -- 4x12 (for both movements)

Seated Dumbbell Shoudler Press
40lbs -- 5x5
40lbs -- 1x10

Barbell Shrugs/Barbell Upright Rows Super Set
Shrugs -- 205lbs -- 4x10
Upright -- 70lbs -- 4x6

Tricep Pushdowns
70lbs x 25
80lbs x 20
100lbs x 15
110lbs x 10
150lbs x 5

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
I haven't been posting the last few days because in under one week there are obviously no effects to be noted. Though, as of yesterday which was the start of week 2, I have been placeboing my ass off. Not sure why but the aggression I felt at the gym and confidence just throughout the day was fantastic. It could be just because of the big amount of clean food I've been eating affecting my attitude in a positive way.

As far as pinning, I'm 3 pins in and each one is definitely getting easier. Still getting sore as hell though from them.

Yesterday was Max Effort Upper and my variation was Close-Grip Bench, paused.

Max Effort Upper

Close Grip Bench Press (paused reps)
135lbs x 5
185lbs x 3
225lbs x 1
250lbs x 1
275lbs x 1
300lbs x 1 (so I wouldn't count this because I felt tapped out at 275 by my girl said go for 300, so I did and I'd say it was about 85% me getting it up haha)
205lbs -- 2x8

Incline Dumbbell Bench
55lbs -- 5x5

Flat Dumbbell Bench
25lbs x 25
35lbs x 20
45lbs x 15
65lbs x 10
90lbs x 8

Tricep Pushdowns
90lbs -- 4x15

Seated Tricep Press
60lbs -- 3x10

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Oh and by the way I have not been taking the T3 because I don't want to sacrifice any body mass before the test actually starts doing anything. In planning to start at the beginning of week 3 at a very low dose.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Happy 4th all! Today is day 1 of week 3 and unfortunately there is still nothing to note. I have been having killer workouts though from all the food and I'm up to 227ish after my morning pee. That's 6lbs since I started.

To make things move a bit quicker I took 10mg of dbol this morning and will be doing so for a few weeks, maybe increasing the dose, maybe not. I've read a ton about low dose dbol and it seems pretty sweet. I also took 50mcg of t3.

Let's see how week 3 goes with these additions!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
So everything necessary should be here within the next week so my plan to start is a week from today! I need some advice on protein powder, I'm going to post my usual diet below but I know I need to increase things drastically for this cycle. I am what you'd say.. an easy gainer. I was very fat until I was around 19 years old. I maintain weight around 2,000 calories per day naturally and my body loves to hold on to water.

I've never been too into protein powders but I'd like to add some for this run to increase my protein intake, most I use always taste like crap and make me bloated. What do you all recommend?

Here is my usual diet:

Meal 1 (Wake Up 7am) -- 27c 15f 46p
•3 Whole Eggs
•1 Cup Egg Whites
•Banana

(Go on morning walk or bike ride)

Meal 2 (PWO 9am) -- 33c 32f 25p
•1/4 cup oatmeal
•3/4 cup protein soy milk
•1 TBSP peanut butter
•1 cup Greek yogurt

Meal 3 (Post Workout 12pm) -- 79c 12f 80p
•2 cans of tuna
•1 TBSP light mayo
•4 slices 100% whole grain bread
•1 package broccoli steamer
•Green apple

Meal 4 (Protein snack at work) -- 9c 5f 46p
•4 cups raw spinach
•1/2 cup raw shredded carrots
•8oz Chicken Breast

Meal 5 (Dinner) -- ???????
•I eat dinner with my family everyday and my girl and I tend to cook different things (I have a strange living situation atm, my girl and I are staying with my aunt and uncle while we look for a new place in the area we just moved to)
•Don't overeat!!!!!
•Make good choices

Including dinner I usually end up around 200 carb, 85 fat, and 240 protein. On non workout days I tend to just cut carbs throughout the day.
know this was posted a while ago but I like this alot. nice plan