DELT INJECTIONS

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey guys I'm upping my test and prefer adding the extra ml into my shoulder rather than doing 3cc in my glute. Never done a delt shot...seems pretty straight forward. Are there any major veins arteries or nerves to lookout for? Or just go straight in the center, aspirate and inject. Advice please and much appreciated

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys I'm upping my test and prefer adding the extra ml into my shoulder rather than doing 3cc in my glute. Never done a delt shot...seems pretty straight forward. Are there any major veins arteries or nerves to lookout for? Or just go straight in the center, aspirate and inject. Advice please and much appreciated
I go 3-fingers down from the top center of your shoulder. Should land you about right at the widest spot on your delt, maybe slightly above. Angle at 45 degrees toward the rear. So not straight in perpendicular.

And you'll get conflicting opinions, but I never aspirate. Hit a nerve every now and then, but I typically just leave the pin in and inject. More trouble pulling out and jabbing again to me.

45 degrees toward the rear...

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1464394961.586598.jpg

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go 3-fingers down from the top center of your shoulder. Should land you about right at the widest spot on your delt, maybe slightly above. Angle at 45 degrees toward the rear. So not straight in perpendicular.

And you'll get conflicting opinions, but I never aspirate. Hit a nerve every now and then, but I typically just leave the pin in and inject. More trouble pulling out and jabbing again to me.
I read that the 45 degree angle method was if your needle is 1 inch. I bought half inch needles specifically for delts. So with a half inch I would go straight right?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read that the 45 degree angle method was if your needle is 1 inch. I bought half inch needles specifically for delts. So with a half inch I would go straight right?
Oh, I don't know man. Yeah I always use 1"

Threw a pic on my first post, but if that's not the case for 1/2" then disregard.

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh ok. Seems legit bro. Like ur iron cross brother. I got a few myself

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know why I'm so scared to do a delt injection lol. Been doing my glutes for 2 years now

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No kidding about the "pain in the ass" lol

Ok so when I get home from the gym, I'm gonna do a delt shot and then post here to assure you I survived.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my wife is a nurse and she says you go strait in .. even with a 1 " pin.. (which is how I do it) ...

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did the shot last night, luckily I had dma138 talking to me on gmail for moral support lol I'm still alive. Shot was ok, but I was fumbling the needle trying to aspirate. An awkward shot but it has been completed.