Cardarine (GW-501516)

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
***GW-501516 (Cardarine)***

As requested by someone on my FaceBook page, I wanted to talk a little more about GW-501516 (Cardarine.) Cardarine is a Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta agonist. When looking at a few rat studies, we see the binding of Cardarine to PPARO which recruits the coactivator PGC-1a forming a complex that up regulates the expression of proteins (involved in energy expenditure.) Looking further, we also see Cardarine to:

-increase fatty acid metabolism
-protection against obesity
-increased endurance capabilities
-protection against diabetes.
-increased high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and lowered very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL).
-increased anti-catabolic properties

As with any compound, its going to have benefits and side effects depending on how an individual metabolizes it and what genetic predispositions are already current. Utilizing a very lose dosage approach pre workout seems to provide consistent and noticeable ergogenic effects.

A metabolomic study of the PPAR
GW501516-activated PPAR
http://www.ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(07)01592-5/abstract

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little confused about the liver fibrosis response the article refers to in the mice. It seems to site the fibrotic response as good in relation to liver damage, yet fibrosis of the liver is bad. Unless of course I have read it wrong or misunderstood?!?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardarine has been getting a right bashing round here lately, with the cancer thing, but you know what? I for one love the stuff and for pre workout I feel like I can run to the moon and back. Does it cause cancer? I don't know but I smoke, eat bacon and bbq's, and they all cause cancer too apparently, what doesn't nowadays?....

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little confused about the liver fibrosis response the article refers to in the mice. It seems to site the fibrotic response as good in relation to liver damage, yet fibrosis of the liver is bad. Unless of course I have read it wrong or misunderstood?!?
It is bad, but only relevant if you are causing damage to your liver in the first place.

Do not take GW while also taking any supplements that will cause increased liver damage/stress.

That includes drinking.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
I rarely drink but as it happens I'm at a wedding this weekend which will involve alcohol. Would u say it's wise to stop using Cardarine now and maybe wait a week after drinking to restart again, as a very safe window of precaution?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I rarely drink but as it happens I'm at a wedding this weekend which will involve alcohol. Would u say it's wise to stop using Cardarine now and maybe wait a week after drinking to restart again, as a very safe window of precaution?
I would say that is a good plan.

Obviously a lot of people have ran this with strong orals and lived to tell the story. What the data shows us however, is that your liver does heal, but in doing so, it regenerates a higher percentage of fibrous tissue while on GW.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
I will do this then and consider my future use of this too

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It gives me headaches

jwinak82

jwinak82

Awards
I've been take 10 mgs pre workout and I freaking love the stuff. I wish there were more studies on it.