MK677

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
MK677

I've had requests to begin doing some breakdowns of some various peptides/secretagogue and since MK677 seems to be very popular right now, we'll begin with that! MK677 is an orally administrated growth hormone secretagogue (a substance that chemically signals for the pituitary gland to secrete growth hormone.) When you begin to look into growth hormone pulse intensities, you'll find it can be increase via increasing GHRH, amplifying GHRH, reducing somatostatin release, and/or inhibition of somatostatin receptor signaling. The interesting thing is MK677 works through all 4 of these. MK677 is going to help support your physique enhancement goals via:

-increased hypertrophy (I've seen studies showing increased IGF-1 levels between 30-100% and it seems to only increase overtime)
-increased lipolysis
-anti-catabolic agent
-soft tissue healing (bones, tendons, and ligaments)
as well as many other positive effects

Dosages will be completely dependent upon how the individual responds to the side effects as well as what their entire protocol is as a whole (I've had clients ranging anywhere from 5mgs to 40mgs per day.) Side effect wise you'll obviously experience the numb hands, possibly some bloat, possibly some lethargy, possibly increased cortisol, possibly increased prolactin but once again, it comes down to the individual and what they are utilizing in their program as a whole. Overall, MK677 is a very tremendous secretagogue that like everything else, can be very beneficial when implemented properly.

Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial. - PubMed - NCBI
Two-month treatment of obese subjects with the oral growth hormone (GH) secretagogue MK-677 increases GH secretion, fat-free mass, and energy expen... - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of a 7-day treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone (GH) secretagogue, MK-677, on 24-hour GH profiles, insulin-like growth fac... - PubMed - NCBI

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I got MK on deck for July. I'm a retired kickboxer and I'm now always using the weight room to supplement my half marathon, tough mudder, and boxing training these days. Now that I'm older, and I don't feel like injecting HGH all the time, I'm turning to MK. I've got a PCT in June, then July 1, 10pm, I'll take my first dose. Second dose is with pre-workout. Cheers and thanks for getting this info out there!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I got MK on deck for July. I'm a retired kickboxer and I'm now always using the weight room to supplement my half marathon, tough mudder, and boxing training these days. Now that I'm older, and I don't feel like injecting HGH all the time, I'm turning to MK. I've got a PCT in June, then July 1, 10pm, I'll take my first dose. Second dose is with pre-workout. Cheers and thanks for getting this info out there!
DO NOT TAKE MK PREWORKOUT haha

Dose it before bed with a somatostatin inhibitor.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I'll be dosing 10mg before bed and 10 before workout to shovel in nutrition during workout. Now you have me thinking though, maybe I'll save it for post workout. How much are you dosing? Times of day?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I'll be dosing 10mg before bed and 10 before workout to shovel in nutrition during workout. Now you have me thinking though, maybe I'll save it for post workout. How much are you dosing? Times of day?
It completely depends on the protocol as a whole meaning I have some clients using exogenous GH and in many cases MK will cause too much bloat (but some can handle it.) It really depends if your only using this OR other peptides as well. In general, I'd advise MK be taken before bed at whatever dosage you can handle the least amount of side effects at

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Okay, that adds clarity. I'll start first week with bedtime dosage. Then, maybe I'll do a test day with pre/post workout.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Okay, that adds clarity. I'll start first week with bedtime dosage. Then, maybe I'll do a test day with pre/post workout.
Glad I could shed some light! Remmeber to first understand the pharmacokinetic of MK677 and then correlate it to our natural gh pulses

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Funny you should say that: I always understood what MK claimed to do, but last week I started looking into the pulse correlation/connection. Cheers!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To much bloat for me to be comfortable with.. It was not the type of bloat 12.5 of hctz could handle enough. I had high hopes but couldn't.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hup A and/or Melatonin.
Hup A is def the most common I've seen used.

Do you need to time it at a certain time? I think I read 3x daily? But does it have to be at certain times? What about food?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Funny you should say that: I always understood what MK claimed to do, but last week I started looking into the pulse correlation/connection. Cheers!
Right on man! Knowledge is power!

Beast, what do you recommend as somatostatin inhibitor? Melatonin?
Hup A and/or Melatonin.
Hup A is def the most common I've seen used.

Do you need to time it at a certain time? I think I read 3x daily? But does it have to be at certain times? What about food?

So in terms of somatostatin inhibition, I'm a BIG fan of melatonin IF your dosing your MK prebed, the main reason being that they truly have a synergistic effect (hate saying that phrase) and enhance the quality and duration of your sleep dramatically, ergo enhancing growth hormone release. Pre-bed a protocol I have for many clients if as follows:
-Melatonin
-EGCG
-MK677

But like others said, there are other inhibitors available and I would rather utilize something like a horny goat weed if using during the day.

To much bloat for me to be comfortable with.. It was not the type of bloat 12.5 of hctz could handle enough. I had high hopes but couldn't.
Yeah completely depends on the person…sorry it was too much for you brother! Not every compound metabolizes the same for everyone

Welcome in dude!

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Such a great thread! Thanks for posting. Are your clients seeing new muscle over the months of their use? I'm an older athlete, and my use is going to be rehabilitation, but new muscle would be a plus.

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
On day 2 of mk677 @ 25 mg, chem. After about an hour, it just makes my heart race, and thoughts? Day 2 wasn't as bad as day 1 so may be adjusting....also, any reasoning on not taking it pre workout of training in morning?

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
I have the same question. Can it be timed with a morning GH pulse and pre-workout (combating hunger and sleepyness?)

polarcat

polarcat

Awards
  • Established
I have the same question. Can it be timed with a morning GH pulse and pre-workout (combating hunger and sleepyness?)
True and I would appreciate a reason other than taking it at night because that's when you sleep and release natural gh or whatever everyone always says

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Such a great thread! Thanks for posting. Are your clients seeing new muscle over the months of their use? I'm an older athlete, and my use is going to be rehabilitation, but new muscle would be a plus.
Yep! As long as we keep an eye on their BG and liver enzymes theres been no drawbacks to long term usage

On day 2 of mk677 @ 25 mg, chem. After about an hour, it just makes my heart race, and thoughts? Day 2 wasn't as bad as day 1 so may be adjusting....also, any reasoning on not taking it pre workout of training in morning?
True and I would appreciate a reason other than taking it at night because that's when you sleep and release natural gh or whatever everyone always says
So YES you can dose it pre workout BUT the main issue for a lot of people is the lethargy is causes…the LAST thing you want is to go into the gym lethargic. You'll be getting amplified GH pulses throughout the day from MK so I would personally rather see it dosed pre-bed.

Again, personal preference and I've seen too many people have **** workouts from taking it pre BUT theres always more than 1 way to do things…so experiment and see what works with you!

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
Mk has a half life of 24 hr+ I believe, so taking it pretty workout probably won't give it time to have an effect. If you take it before bed, you will have plenty of it in your system when you workout the next day. Take it once a day and you are covered for the next 24 hours or so.

JSTR808

Banned
Awards
Just started last night. 10mg pre bed week 1. Slept like in a comma, but with great dreams. No hunger so far. Going to keep dosing at night. Next week go up to 20mg and do a 2 month cycle, with the Hup-A & Green Tea Extract (via Code Red). Possibly longer. Thanks to everyone for feedback.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I have an order coming this week to add to my current Osta / Rad stack. From what I researched - dosing in the morning is what is recommended as well as increasing potassium to deal with water retention.

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
From other threads on different forums - the consensus was to dose it in the morning or else it would interfere with sleep. It doesn't make sense to me why that would be the case but that's what I've been reading.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right on man! Knowledge is power!

So in terms of somatostatin inhibition, I'm a BIG fan of melatonin IF your dosing your MK prebed, the main reason being that they truly have a synergistic effect (hate saying that phrase) and enhance the quality and duration of your sleep dramatically, ergo enhancing growth hormone release. Pre-bed a protocol I have for many clients if as follows:
-Melatonin
-EGCG
-MK677

But like others said, there are other inhibitors available and I would rather utilize something like a horny goat weed if using during the day.

Yeah completely depends on the person…sorry it was too much for you brother! Not every compound metabolizes the same for everyone

Welcome in dude!
You are basically the only "coach" i have ever come across who publicly divulges what protocols he puts his "many" clients on...

procore

Awards
So in terms of somatostatin inhibition, I'm a BIG fan of melatonin IF your dosing your MK prebed, the main reason being that they truly have a synergistic effect (hate saying that phrase) and enhance the quality and duration of your sleep dramatically, ergo enhancing growth hormone release.
Dosage of melatonin? time released or regular melatonin?

Status
Not open for further replies.