Ostarine for injury rehab

J

Johndante

Awards
I'm writing because I recently picked up some Ostarine in the hopes that it might help with recovery from a strain in my lower trap/scapula area that is effecting the range of motion in my neck and radiating up through my left shoulder. This has slowed my training a lot and been very frustrating!
I've heard it is great for tissue repair and recovery, but I'm also slightly paranoid about possible suppression.

I did my first sarm cycle of LGD beginning the middle of January through the middle of March (8 weeks). However, the source I got it from had me dosing 20 mg a day!!! I hadn't done enough research, and wound out feeling pretty shut down.

I countered it fairly successfully with a combo of forma stanzol and DAA, and feel much better a couple months later. Although I felt shut down, I managed to keep most of the gains I made and avoided putting on fat, thankfully.

At current, I've just started GW and am hoping to run a short cycle to finish up a cut, and am hoping to use the Ostarine at 10 mg a day to help with injury recovery until I feel better. Does this sound safe? I'm only 30, and want to be responsible with my HPTA axis.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience with this. If you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
If youre concerned about potentially damaging your HPTA, do you think it may be a bit soon after your last cycle to suppress it again? Nah?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If youre concerned about potentially damaging your HPTA, do you think it may be a bit soon after your last cycle to suppress it again? Nah?
^^^Agreed. Without blood work to assess that you are fully recovered, I would say it is too soon to cycle something suppressive again. Also, there is no proof of Ostarine assisting in joint/tendon repair. To my knowledge, there are only anecdotal reports from users that say their joints felt better while on it. If you have an actual injury this could be detrimental by masking pain/symptoms and thus leading to further injury. So I recommend 3 things:

1. Blood work to determine if you actually are recovered. It can be done fairly cheap and privately.

2. Using a SERM for PCT always. No SERM, no cycle.

3. See a doctor about the pain/injury to assess a proper solution and know if you should even be trying to train the problem area.

J

Johndante

Awards
Okay-- thanks for the input, guys. I saw my doc and he said it is just a standard strain, so I'll take it easy and wait it out. I'll see if I can go get some bloods done in the near future to make sure everything is back on track. I feel okay, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've been training natty for about 12 years and got in a bit over my head, so I really appreciate the advice. There's a lot of misinformation and people just trying to sell stuff out there, which makes solid input hard to come by.

PS. I just noticed you guys are both with Olympus-- I've been using the Dermastrength Unleashed for the past month or so and it has been great-- think I'll stick with that and leave my balls alone!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay-- thanks for the input, guys. I saw my doc and he said it is just a standard strain, so I'll take it easy and wait it out. I'll see if I can go get some bloods done in the near future to make sure everything is back on track. I feel okay, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've been training natty for about 12 years and got in a bit over my head, so I really appreciate the advice. There's a lot of misinformation and people just trying to sell stuff out there, which makes solid input hard to come by.
Very true about misinfo. Especially in supplement shops and whatnot. This board is the place to go for educated and sound reliable input.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ostarine will probably do nothing to help heal an injury (this always comes up, yet It was developed for Sarcopenia and I've never come across "injury healing" in the data???) I took 20mg for 8 weeks and it did Jack-all for tendonitis. Try some BPC-157.

C

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I'm 1.5 weeks into a 12.5 ED Ostarine cycle and have just recently noticed a big improvement in joint issues. I don't believe this is coincidental or psychosomatic- first time in 5 years I do not have discomfort in my foot, ankle, neck and shoulder (all of which had some degree of constant pain due to previous injuries). It may be too early to tell – so I will keep my eye on this and post back.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Ostarine will probably do nothing to help heal an injury (this always comes up, yet It was developed for Sarcopenia and I've never come across "injury healing" in the data???) I took 20mg for 8 weeks and it did Jack-all for tendonitis. Try some BPC-157.
The_Old_Guy sarcopenia is bone loss, so it has nothing to do with joint issues. Actually if you have arthritis, it could potentially make it worse because it rebuilds the bone putting more stress on the joints.
Cycloman I doubt Osta per se heals injuries, but if you increase T, then your body heals faster. I agree with you though. I had a niggling shoulder pain that would not go away and it was one of those that you don't notice until your shoulder is in a specific position, then it just kills you. By the end of week two on Osta my shoulder was all healed.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Sarcopenia is:

Not bone, and yup, not joints either ;)
Wow, my bad, bone loss is osteopenia ... therefore ostatine. Not sure how I Forrest Gump'd that one, seeing that my mom was diagnosed with osteopenia.

S

sanguine

Awards
I'm writing because I recently picked up some Ostarine in the hopes that it might help with recovery from a strain in my lower trap/scapula area that is effecting the range of motion in my neck and radiating up through my left shoulder. This has slowed my training a lot and been very frustrating!
I've heard it is great for tissue repair and recovery, but I'm also slightly paranoid about possible suppression.

I did my first sarm cycle of LGD beginning the middle of January through the middle of March (8 weeks). However, the source I got it from had me dosing 20 mg a day!!! I hadn't done enough research, and wound out feeling pretty shut down.

I countered it fairly successfully with a combo of forma stanzol and DAA, and feel much better a couple months later. Although I felt shut down, I managed to keep most of the gains I made and avoided putting on fat, thankfully.

At current, I've just started GW and am hoping to run a short cycle to finish up a cut, and am hoping to use the Ostarine at 10 mg a day to help with injury recovery until I feel better. Does this sound safe? I'm only 30, and want to be responsible with my HPTA axis.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I'd be interested to know if anyone has experience with this. If you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
I have never seen any evidence that ostarine does anything special for injuries. Seems to be a widespread conception though. It could help maintain muscle and strength while you take time off or work around your issue. Best of luck; sometimes these pains are just self limiting nuisances that will fade in their own good time.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Wow, my bad, bone loss is osteopenia ... therefore ostatine. Not sure how I Forrest Gump'd that one, seeing that my mom was diagnosed with osteopenia.
Probably because you've run an Ostarine cycle and promote yourself as knowledgeable now, while leaning on other users as crutches to support your posts.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Probably because you've run an Ostarine cycle and promote yourself as knowledgeable now, while leaning on other users as crutches to support your posts.
More likely because I'm human. I've read the posts on AM, I've read the studies (not just the abstracts), I've run an Osta cycle, I've logged the cycle and the blood tests, and now I'm sharing what I've learned as a way to give back to the forum. I would hardly call myself knowledgeable.