How to maximize cycle ?

Codster951

Codster951

Awards
Hello everyone, so I have been running my test only cycle 500mg a week for about 3 and a half weeks now. Not feeling much yet but I'm sure it will peak soon. My question is how much more should I be eating on this cycle? I eat very clean and stay around 2200 calories to stay lean. Should I just bump up the calories and just eat more clean food? Just trying to maximize results without gaining fat. All help appreciated

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would need to know your height and current weight

Codster951

Codster951

Awards
I'm 5'9 175 pounds around 14%bf hand held says low 13 but doubt it lol

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I would raise cals by 100 every week if you wanna stay as lean as possible

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
150-200 is better though for maximizing gains though

Codster951

Codster951

Awards
I'm on that peanut butter game everyday 4tbs on my chocolate rice cakes

Willtolift

Awards
Use dextrose, creatine monohydrate, and protein post workout.

Placebo1985

Awards
2200 calories sounds low to me. I would definitely increase cals. But then again, it also depends on what you do for work etc...

I think that more physical activity/cardio+ more Cals> less activity with lower Cals. That way you feed the muscle what it needs and burn more fat. It really speeds up a recomp for me.

Increasing Cals slowly like netflixnchill advised is the best way imo.

Codster951

Codster951

Awards
Yeah I bumped them up 150 this week will be mostly carbs

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMO you should be eating 3500 calories per day. At your height and weight that should support moderate growth and minimize fat keep track of your macros to get the proper rAtio of protein and carbs.

Codster951

Codster951

Awards
I track all my macros and do not want to gain any fat. 3500 is a lot of clean food and at 2200 I was still hitting 230 grams of protein at 175 lbs. so your saying to just bump up the calls from carbs and fats? Just want to get leaner