The real importance of Cholesterol

yanke10

Banned
Awards
i just found out that testosterone is produced from Cholesterol. maybe thats why sd fucks up your Cholesterol level--your body sees that you have to much test. so it decreases the production, which ends up with shitty Cholesterol levels. we better keep an i on long term effects on Cholesterol from sd. also, i found out that Cholesterol is produced from vitamin d, which is produced from sunlight. i go to college in boston and never see the sun. that could be a problem. do you know if tannings beds produce vit. d. could we supplament vit d. hmm

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Good article indeed and yes, you should stay away from statins

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
No I don't think they qualify as statins, besides I'm using niacin, policosanol and RYR right now :)

pumpga

Awards
also, i found out that Cholesterol is produced from vitamin d, which is produced from sunlight. i go to college in boston and never see the sun. that could be a problem. do you know if tannings beds produce vit. d. could we supplament vit d. hmm
Milk has vitamin D in it.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
It didn't say anything about Niacin, B5 etc.. Would one assume the same risk with use of these things?
No, but Red rice yeast has some natural statins that are comparable to syntetic drugs. I believe that the sides are much lower but... better to take CoQ10 with it or replace RYR at all with Policosanol and Allicin (thats what i'm doing for my next SD cycle).

DutchCane

Awards
SYR,

Would you recommend Policosanol and Allicin rather then RYR along with COQ10 on my initial SD cycle?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
SYR,

Would you recommend Policosanol and Allicin rather then RYR along with COQ10 on my initial SD cycle?
I think the effect would be the same, yes.
I got my Allimax and I'll stack with Policosanol for my next SD cycle.

DutchCane

Awards
Thanks@Syr

At what dosage would you recommend those two? I'm going to start my SD Cycle the first week in June.

Work

Awards
The information I've looked into on coconut oil since reading this thread has been nothing short of endless publications and links, and fascinating . Thanks.
The danger of unsaturated fats is more of a scandal than the steroid issue.
I encourage everyone to look into it. Just type in coconut oil in a google search and sit back and read about the biggest health scam in American history, next to fructose.

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
i just found out that testosterone is produced from Cholesterol. maybe thats why sd fucks up your Cholesterol level--your body sees that you have to much test. so it decreases the production, which ends up with shitty Cholesterol levels. we better keep an i on long term effects on Cholesterol from sd. also, i found out that Cholesterol is produced from vitamin d, which is produced from sunlight. i go to college in boston and never see the sun. that could be a problem. do you know if tannings beds produce vit. d. could we supplament vit d. hmm
This has nothing to do with why cholesterol values are altered during anabolic steroid use. Just about every statement you made is false. However the exact mechanism is unknown as to how anabolic steroid use screws up cholesterol/triglyceride values, it is most likely due to the hepatic damage that they cause. It appears that anabolic steroids influence hepatic triglyceride lipase (HTL) and lipoprotein lipase (LPL). HTL is primarily responsible for the clearance of HDL-cholesterol, while LPL takes care of cellular uptake of free fatty acids and glycerol. Androgens and anabolic steroids stimulate HTL, presumably resulting in decreased serum levels of HDL-cholesterol. And remember HDL (good cholesterol) transports cholesterol from the tissues to the liver for clearance, and LDL (bad cholesterol) transports cholesterol from the liver to the tissues.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BTW, anyone else inhere think lecithin could be of use for maintaing normal cholesterol.