Tendonitis/muscle strain during PCT

H

Heavy Caliber

Awards
Hey all, first off here's my personal stats/cycle info:

39 y/o male
5'10" 200 lbs
Lifting on/off for years. I work a construction job so by no means a newbie to strenuous activity.

Finished a SDMZ 2.0 cycle 2 weeks ago. Currently 2 weeks in PCT which includes:

Tamoxifen: 20/20/20/20
BSL PCT V: 1 cap am/pm
Fish oil: 7.2 g daily split am/pm
Chondroitin: 2.4 g daily split am/pm
Glucosamine: 3 g daily split am/pm
MSM: 1 g daily split am/pm

About 8 days ago I did something stupid and arm wrestled a coworker once with each arm. Had done a high volume bicep/ shoulder workout the day prior. Afterwards I had a burning pain in both biceps that subsided after an hour. Didn't think much of it until the next day when I was turning a pipe wrench with roughly the same movement and the pain returned. Popped some ibuprofen and the pain subsided.

The following week at work I kept aggravating it unintentionally through my normal daily activities and each time the pain flared up it got worse and took longer to subside. Finally got a chance to see my doctor a couple of days ago and she suspects a bicep strain/tendonitis with possible rotator cuff strain on both arms. Set me up with physical therapy this coming week.

With all that said, I'm looking for some advice on ways to help myself out on recovery. Im doing some light stretch work daily and trying to reduce my exposure to movements that will aggravate the injury. Using heat has helped the pain. Don't want to be taking loads of NSAIDs if I don't have to. All they really seem to do anyway is push the pain to the background until it flares up again.

Should I lower my dosage of the PCT V? It contains arimistane which I've used solo in the past and gotten some dry sore joints from it. I've also ordered some ostarine for a future cycle but have read it can help with healing of tendons. Would it be a good idea to start taking it while on this PCT at a low dosage, 12.5 mg for instance?

Thanks in advance for advice/feedback

P

Placebo1985

Awards
I'd get some cissus. It's the best natural anti-inflammatory I've ever taken and works better than Nsaids. It's because of cissus that I can even lift due to previous injuries. Also, it helps control which is another plus.

Nova dried my joints out bad when I used it but torem doesn't. Not sure about the Arimistane. I personally wouldn't run Osta in pct.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great suggestion above. SNS makes CISSUS XT, which is very cost effective and many respected members on this forum use it. Also, stack CISSUS with Joint Support XT for even greater rehab and joint/tendon protection.

H

Heavy Caliber

Awards
Thanks guys, I will look into the cissus and hold off the osta till I've recovered from this

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll echo cissus as well. It's been one of the best things in my stash for alleviating tendon/ligament pain. There does seem to be some data supporting recovery as well. Ease up on the anti-estrogens, hold off on Osta, and start dosing some cissus. If you buy from SNS, which is what i would recommend since it's the 5% ketosterone, your dose will be 3g per day... ideally split up in to two doses and take with meals.

H

Heavy Caliber

Awards
Update: Been on cissus for 2 weeks now and have made a tremendous improvement. Haven't really pushed it yet (only thing I've been doing in the gym has been light PT type exercise). Kept the arimistane dosage the same so I think the cissus is what did the trick. Going to try some light workouts in the gym this week to see where I'm at. Thanks again for the advice!