Ostarine and DAA continuous cycle?

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
Hi all - looking for some advice

From what I know (not much) I've come up with the idea of 4 weeks Ostarine and then 4 weeks DAA on a continuous cycle. Like a very mild blast and cruise idea. Was wondering if this is safe?

I recently did my first cycle of Ostarine but started at 25mg and felt some heavy sides. Anxiety and mood swings big time. Lowered it to 12.5 and seemed a lot better but still a little mind fog. On day 10 I got some serious balls ache to the point it took my breath away mid sentence. Switched over to DAA and balls back to normal and had the best workout I've had in years, felt awesome.

Although I didn't see anything in the way of strength gains from Ostarine it definitely helped reducing some stubborn body fat. For this reason I do want to try again. Could it be a bunk batch of Ostarine? I know suppression happens but I'm no wimp and the balls ache hurt lots!

So I figured running Ostarine at 10mg for 4 weeks and DAA for 4 weeks and repeating through the summer. I have tamoxifen citrate on hand to run with DAA if the Ostarine shuts me down too far.

The reason I am going for SARMS instead of pro hormone or AAS is because of a family history of heart attacks. BP was fine on Ostarine.

Thanks in advance for any advice - this forums great for newbies like me ?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
DAA has been shown in several studies to do nothing at all, but if it does, it's only effective for about 2 weeks or so.

http://www.brinkzone.com/supplement-science/d-aspartic-acid-daa-and-test-boosters/
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/04/d-aspartic-acid-daa-does-it-work-not.html
Well that being said do we need it to be effective for longer? Why not just use it for the 2 weeks its relevant as it does cause HUGE spikes in LH, and discontinue use before diminishing returns?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well that being said do we need it to be effective for longer? Why not just use it for the 2 weeks its relevant as it does cause HUGE spikes in LH, and discontinue use before diminishing returns?
It's questionable that it actually works as PCT since it's never been tested in this form. There's just conflicting data on it, not to mention it does nothing for the estrogen level spike. It also might decrease testosterone levels through negative feedback depending on how high or low your test levels are at the time you're supplementing with it.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
It's questionable that it actually works as PCT since it's never been tested in this form. There's just conflicting data on it, not to mention it does nothing for the estrogen level spike. It also might decrease testosterone levels through negative feedback depending on how high or low your test levels are at the time you're supplementing with it.
Well most studies done on DAA are in hypogonadal men, and that's basically what we are in PCT, men with shutdown or lower functioning testes. I also am not an advocate of DAA as it's been shown to raise prolactin which is DETRIMENTAL to PCT. Also saying you'd have no way to control the estrogen level spike would just be something that affected the few who cycled and didnt have the correct ancillaries and support supplements on hand. Do i believe DAA could have a use? Possibly. Do i believe it's the best for what were looking for in PCT, no chance. Honestly if someone were being cheap they could recover off 3 weeks of a SERM and just do 4 weeks of DAA and Exem to clear circulating estrogen. I don't advocate that either just food for thought.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering why bother doing just four weeks of Osta followed by what is effectively an OTC PCT. You're not going to get much benefit, because Osta takes awhile to kick in. Also Osta is suppressive for sure at 25mg, and most likely at 10mg, although don't know to what level. So you're just yo-yo-ing your hormones for very little benefit.
sanmarino, if you're around, would you weigh in on this? Or anyone else that is more familiar with Osta than I am?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well most studies done on DAA are in hypogonadal men
Check the articles I posted. There are newer studies done in resistance trained young men with perfectly normal or even low testosterone levels with no results.

and that's basically what we are in PCT, men with shutdown or lower functioning testes. I also am not an advocate of DAA as it's been shown to raise prolactin which is DETRIMENTAL to PCT. Also saying you'd have no way to control the estrogen level spike would just be something that affected the few who cycled and didnt have the correct ancillaries and support supplements on hand. Do i believe DAA could have a use? Possibly. Do i believe it's the best for what were looking for in PCT, no chance. Honestly if someone were being cheap they could recover off 3 weeks of a SERM and just do 4 weeks of DAA and Exem to clear circulating estrogen. I don't advocate that either just food for thought.
I wouldn't trust DAA with my PCT under pretty much any circumstances based on the data. DAA is just another one of those supposed test boosters that isn't going to perform to your expectations. PCT people need to get blood work to see where their test and estrogen levels are at, and supplement accordingly with SERMs and possibility even hCG if necessary. Nothing else has been proven to bring test levels back into the range they had prior to the cycle. No herbs, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, OTC AIs or anything else.

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciated. So at best DAA could help out alongside the nolva as a pct but not as a stand alone between Ostarine cycles? I have felt great the last few days on DAA I must say. Could just be because I stopped with the Ostarine and my natural test levels rising back up I guess.
Are the sides I had on Ostarine normal or have I been sold something else? Most people seem to get on with it much better than I did!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciated. So at best DAA could help out alongside the nolva as a pct but not as a stand alone between Ostarine cycles? I have felt great the last few days on DAA I must say. Could just be because I stopped with the Ostarine and my natural test levels rising back up I guess.
Are the sides I had on Ostarine normal or have I been sold something else? Most people seem to get on with it much better than I did!
Just like with any chemical, reaction is user and dose dependent. While the majority may have had no issues with Osta, there are people, who maybe are more sensitive, that have gotten shut down hard. Your personal experience should advise you as to which group you fall into.

What brand did you use? Generally Olympus and Focused Nutrition appear to be legit. Most guys on this forum would probably agree.

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
Just like with any chemical, reaction is user and dose dependent. While the majority may have had no issues with Osta, there are people, who maybe are more sensitive, that have gotten shut down hard. Your personal experience should advise you as to which group you fall into.

What brand did you use? Generally Olympus and Focused Nutrition appear to be legit. Most guys on this forum would probably agree.
I used BC Revolver from a company called Body Conscious. I think I will try another source next time and see how I go. If I respond better then like you say I will keep it going for at least 6 weeks and do a full pct with tamoxifen. As for the DAA im coming up to 37 so it could just be lower test getting a boost too. Or placebo I guess but either way I haven't worked out like that in about 10 years!
Maybe the Ostarine kicked in as the suppression hit me and that gave me the boost. Hard to say I guess

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi all - looking for some advice

From what I know (not much) I've come up with the idea of 4 weeks Ostarine and then 4 weeks DAA on a continuous cycle. Like a very mild blast and cruise idea. Was wondering if this is safe?

I recently did my first cycle of Ostarine but started at 25mg and felt some heavy sides. Anxiety and mood swings big time. Lowered it to 12.5 and seemed a lot better but still a little mind fog. On day 10 I got some serious balls ache to the point it took my breath away mid sentence. Switched over to DAA and balls back to normal and had the best workout I've had in years, felt awesome.

Although I didn't see anything in the way of strength gains from Ostarine it definitely helped reducing some stubborn body fat. For this reason I do want to try again. Could it be a bunk batch of Ostarine? I know suppression happens but I'm no wimp and the balls ache hurt lots!

So I figured running Ostarine at 10mg for 4 weeks and DAA for 4 weeks and repeating through the summer. I have tamoxifen citrate on hand to run with DAA if the Ostarine shuts me down too far.

The reason I am going for SARMS instead of pro hormone or AAS is because of a family history of heart attacks. BP was fine on Ostarine.

Thanks in advance for any advice - this forums great for newbies like me ��
Bro...just cycle like you're supposed to, blast and cruise only applies to test

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
Bro...just cycle like you're supposed to, blast and cruise only applies to test
So I'm thinking to maybe just go back onto the Ostarine at a low dose. I was on it for 10 days in total. I've been off it 3 days now. Would it be better to pct and then try again or just get back on cycle?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
10 Days on Ostarine probably did nothing, especially if you have only been "off" 3 days and plan to re-start. Just re-start and PCT properly (SERM) at 8 weeks.

Research studies have shown as little as 3mg was suppressive. No need to go over 25mg for sure. 15-20mg seems to be the board "sweet spot" during a Cut. I did 22mg for 7 weeks, dropping to 20mg for the eighth (because of product dosing on hand) and loved it in an 800kcal deficit.

Doorstepdaz

Doorstepdaz

Awards
10 Days on Ostarine probably did nothing, especially if you have only been "off" 3 days and plan to re-start. Just re-start and PCT properly (SERM) at 8 weeks.

Research studies have shown as little as 3mg was suppressive. No need to go over 25mg for sure. 15-20mg seems to be the board "sweet spot" during a Cut. I did 22mg for 7 weeks, dropping to 20mg for the eighth (because of product dosing on hand) and loved it in an 800kcal deficit.
Yeah, Im starting to think that the Ostarine I have isnt Ostarine at all and if it is it's mixed with something. I got heavy sides and suppression even after dropping to 12.5mg. Im looking at OL Ostarine online now at 5mg tabs. Maybe the way forward. Bit nervous about getting back on cycle so 5mg for a week and then building up should get me back on track. Thanks for the reply

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 5
Anabolics 13
huxley309 Supplements 6
Cycle Logs 15
Anabolics 14