Injecting test E

Kmoore93

Kmoore93

Awards
Injected my first shot of Test E today, my Friend is sworn by a 29g 1/2 inch , I injected myself today and have a fear over needles and was wondering if this needle size is big enough ? I'm looking to only inject in my glutes. I'm fairly lean

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
It's gonna take a long ass time to inject with that small of a needle but it can be done. If you already did it then why are you asking if you can do it? Lol

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/2" in the glute? uuugh

I mean, you're sticking a needle in either way, get 1". Bury that sucker in there.

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
I'm with dma on this one get 1", I use 1.5" for glutes but it's also because that's what my doc prescribed me 23/25 guage.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with dma on this one get 1", I use 1.5" for glutes but it's also because that's what my doc prescribed me 23/25 guage.
I love pinning, but have to admit 1.5" give me the chills just looking at them LOL

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use 20g to draw and 25g to shoot. 25g is probably the minimum for pushing oil through without having your hand cramping up from pushing so hard. 25g is considered a "vitamin needle" but oil will still go through it no problem, and less scar tissue and pain, IMO.

Although most people prefer 22-23g to inject with because it is freer flowing. Just one tip, never use an 18g needle to draw with or you'll eat up the rubber stopper on the bottle.

Here's an old site but a goody for help: http://www.spotinjections.com/

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would do 25 as the smallest. The longer it takes to push oil, the longer the needle is in your body, the more chance you have of wiggling the needle around causing trauma creating scar tissue.

Do you don't to inject with an 18 either to just push 2ml in, in 1/2 a second.. there is a balance but I think 29 is to time consuming.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
You can go for a longer needle if you're just doing glutes. 1/2" probably isn't even making it to the muscle.

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
I have to disagree with not using an 18 to draw. unless your supplier has cheap building materials... I have never had an issue drawing from my vials at a 1/2 cc consistently with it never leaking from a 10ml vial. I am also extremely impatient that's why I draw with an 18g and I'm extremely patient with injecting haha that's why I use a 25g normally. Also DO NOT PINCH the area you're going to inject into it makes it more painful, just slight stretch the area and make sure you've removed the weight from the leg that you're injecting into the glute, makes for a smoother poke.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to disagree with not using an 18 to draw. unless your supplier has cheap building materials... I have never had an issue drawing from my vials at a 1/2 cc consistently with it never leaking from a 10ml vial. I am also extremely impatient that's why I draw with an 18g and I'm extremely patient with injecting haha that's why I use a 25g normally. Also DO NOT PINCH the area you're going to inject into it makes it more painful, just slight stretch the area and make sure you've removed the weight from the leg that you're injecting into the glute, makes for a smoother poke.
Please please please do not do this. You seriously can't be THAT impatient just to draw some oil into a syringe.

18g needles are too big and they will eat up your stoppers in a hurry. A bigger hole means an increased chance of letting some little nasties into your sterile vial. Sometimes, the 18g will take out little chunks of rubber that fall nicely into your vial. That is not something you want. Imagine injecting that tiny piece of rubber into your muscle. I'll bet the doctor would have lots of fun digging into your rmuscle trying to find it and mutilating your muscle in the process.....
https://forums.t-nation.com/t/syringe-needle-injection-faq/32802

Not only are you potentially going to get a chunk of rubber in your needle, but you're creating huge holes that can potentially leak or let bacteria in because it won't improperly seal back. It's just an unnecessary risk to save yourself a few seconds. Regardless of how good you think the mfg of the stopper might be, things can be happening on a microscopic level you can't see.

SonnyAz

SonnyAz

Awards
It's been a while of doing my trt shots and no rubber ever including from my sources.