Ostarine: Mitigating Suppression When On Cycle

CuriousReader

Awards
Hello there! I appreciate this is like the millionth query on Ostarine but having read through I haven't found any answers to this specific question.

I am considering running Ostarine at 12mg per day for up to 3 weeks for definition and some mild mass gain if possible. Obviously various studies and user reports confirm Ostarine is suppressive, but I wonder if running Ostarine alongside a natty test booster like Animal Stak, DAA or TauroTest may mitigate suppressive risks/impacts?

Unfortunately I cannot get access to Clomid where I live.

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Yea it will still suppress you. Even when using a SERM alongside it would.

With this short duration at that dose you might be fine with a good OTC PCT but frankly speaking 3 weeks @12mg won't yield any noticable results whatsoever.

loganm4l

Awards
Honeslty osta isnt very suppressive i ran 25mg a day for 8 weeks with just a oct pct
I have very little suppression.
But i ran support the whole time on cycle.

I think its up to you but you wont notice much at 12mg a day 4 3 weeks

If your worried i would run 4 weeks @25mg

With a good support and find a really got oct

You will be fine ������

Thats imo tho man tottaly up to you with what you want todo

I ate at mantanice cals and gained 5kg in 8 weeks

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Only 12mg a day for only 3 weeks? Why even take it at all..?

loganm4l

Awards
No blood work and im 27 by the way.

Nothing srunk everything felt great the whole time.

Seen oata run @25 for 8 weeks no serm plenty of times.

loganm4l

Awards

Seen oata run @25 for 8 weeks no serm plenty of times

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No such thing as mitigating suppression on cycle, that's why we pct afterwards. And 3 weeks of osta? Waste of your time bro.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hello there! I appreciate this is like the millionth query on Ostarine but having read through I haven't found any answers to this specific question.

I am considering running Ostarine at 12mg per day for up to 3 weeks for definition and some mild mass gain if possible. Obviously various studies and user reports confirm Ostarine is suppressive, but I wonder if running Ostarine alongside a natty test booster like Animal Stak, DAA or TauroTest may mitigate suppressive risks/impacts?

Unfortunately I cannot get access to Clomid where I live.
You don't start seeing anything on Ostarine until the 4th week. Suppression kicks in around week 5-6. Nolva and Clomid can be found in a lot of places and for ridiculously cheap too. Check some overseas pharmacies.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

A lot of the people that have had bloods done, have shown some pretty large suppression in the 20-25mg range, for 8 weeks. IIRC in the high 200's and low to mid 300's. UncleSarm was one.

OP, like was said, you don't try to mitigate the inevitable (and IMO definitely not with a SERM on cycle) - you ADD an exogenous replacement in the form of Dermacrine, 4-AD, EpiAndro, or (Advanced) Trest.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
A lot of the people that have had bloods done, have shown some pretty large suppression in the 20-25mg range, for 8 weeks. IIRC in the high 200's and low to mid 300's. UncleSarm was one.

OP, like was said, you don't try to mitigate the inevitable (and IMO definitely not with a SERM on cycle) - you ADD an exogenous replacement in the form of Dermacrine, 4-AD, EpiAndro, or (Advanced) Trest.
Agreed here, Also id recommend 15-20mg for 8 to 10 weeks for noticeable results with not too horrible supression. Also i find adding a SERM during a cycle could be destrimental as one chemical (the osta) is stopping production and the other(SERM) is signalling your HPTA to make some, have both of these things happen at the same time i feel logically could damage the HPTA and whenever using a SERM in the future it's effects could be less pronounced logically its possible, or am i wrong in thinking so?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Honeslty osta isnt very suppressive i ran 25mg a day for 8 weeks with just a oct pct
I have very little suppression.
But i ran support the whole time on cycle.

I think its up to you but you wont notice much at 12mg a day 4 3 weeks

If your worried i would run 4 weeks @25mg

With a good support and find a really got oct

You will be fine ������

Thats imo tho man tottaly up to you with what you want todo

I ate at mantanice cals and gained 5kg in 8 weeks
It's quite suppressive at 25mg. After 6 weeks, my T levels were in the clinically deficient range, although I felt really great. So feeling great doesn't mean much.

On the upside, you are suppressed, but not shutdown ... big difference there ... and LH and FSH are not really affected. Mine were right in the middle of the normal range, so PCT is a breeze and OTC is an option, in my opinion.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've seen people do stupid things plenty of time as well but doesn't mean I am going to follow suit.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Only thing you can do to prevent suppression on any type of cycle is to pin 250ug of HCG every week throughout the cycle.

loganm4l

Awards
I've seen people do stupid things plenty of time as well but doesn't mean I am going to follow suit.
Thats a far call mate but i really didnt see any need to run a serm after at all.

As i said that was my lab rat tho everyone is going to be diffrent if i felt it needed a serm i would of ran one.

Plex78

Plex78

Awards
I just start OsTa and plan on doing some Nolva caps for the Serm. When would be the right time to start taking them, immediately after the cycle or around week 6 or so prior to the end?

Bunshichi

Awards
  • Established
Just the day after your last dose Osta is appropiate.

ttesso1664

Awards
Hey bud, I'm 27 as well and have a log on here "5 week ostarine cycle" im on day 13. I had the same question as you about running DAA. There isn't much you can do about the suppression. I'm doing 25mg ED and I feel good. For PCT I'm just doing OTC.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bud, I'm 27 as well and have a log on here "5 week ostarine cycle" im on day 13. I had the same question as you about running DAA. There isn't much you can do about the suppression. I'm doing 25mg ED and I feel good. For PCT I'm just doing OTC.
Why not stretch out your cycle to 8 or 10 weeks and do a serm pct? Overall results will be much better imo

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wouldn't really stop suppression, but using BPS dermacrine would prevent lethargy while on an Osta cycle. Also look into CEL CYCLE ASSIST to protect your liver while on cycle.

ttesso1664

Awards
Why not stretch out your cycle to 8 or 10 weeks and do a serm pct? Overall results will be much better imo
This is my first cycle of anything so I'd like to test the waters. Wouldn't the sides of a SERM be worse then ostarine? I did order clomid in case it something I need to do.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
This is my first cycle of anything so I'd like to test the waters. Wouldn't the sides of a SERM be worse then ostarine? I did order clomid in case it something I need to do.
Yes Clomid sides are worse than osta's, but wanna know whats worse than both? Being suppressed, having ****ty erections, no motivation, hard time sleeping, no libido, gaining fat due to cortisol and estrogen out of whack. So yeah, make sure to pct. :)

ttesso1664

Awards
Ya I have BLR rebirth and epg testoshred. Clomid if I need it.

ttesso1664

Awards
I will run them as a PCT, if my bloods dictate I need clomid I will use that as well. On paper Ostarine will only cause suppression not shutdown, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Order a serm dude, even if you don't use it. Don't be a cheap ass when you are playing with your health. Have you gotten bloods?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a broken record, but I'm going to say it n e ways:

I prefer ostarine at 1 capsule per day. 5mg, I think Yates likes it at 10mg.

Patience and consistency are the key in this game.

Should also note, if I'm going to cycle, it'll be using steroids

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clomid makes me feel great, almost as good as being on cycle tbh

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Clomid makes me feel great, almost as good as being on cycle tbh
Unless you dose too high, I remember your stories about that lol ;)
It personally gives me the short temper of a cycle but none of the strength and well being. Once I come off the clomid I start feeling great and right now I almost feel like I'm on cycle again, but only taking test boosters and natty anabolics.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless you dose too high, I remember your stories about that lol ;)
It personally gives me the short temper of a cycle but none of the strength and well being. Once I come off the clomid I start feeling great and right now I almost feel like I'm on cycle again, but only taking test boosters and natty anabolics.
Yeah, 100mg made me feel like a little girl but 50mg is perfect.

Plex78

Plex78

Awards
I will run them as a PCT, if my bloods dictate I need clomid I will use that as well. On paper Ostarine will only cause suppression not shutdown, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Order a serm dude, even if you don't use it. Don't be a cheap ass when you are playing with your health. Have you gotten bloods?
No I'm not planning on cheaping it and I plan on playing it safe. I got bloods prior and I was already a little elevated with test from DAA that I was using at the time of them being taken. I'm on week 2 of the Ostarine and I been feeling normal so far.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
No I'm not planning on cheaping it and I plan on playing it safe. I got bloods prior and I was already a little elevated with test from DAA that I was using at the time of them being taken. I'm on week 2 of the Ostarine and I been feeling normal so far.
Yeah, you should feel fine. Weeks three you see a bump in strength.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Yes Clomid sides are worse than...
"Sides" are completely individual. I don't get any at 50mg or below (other than hot flashes, but I don't consider that a detrimental "side" like vision or emotional issues).

ttesso1664

Awards
I'm a broken record, but I'm going to say it n e ways:

I prefer ostarine at 1 capsule per day. 5mg, I think Yates likes it at 10mg.

Patience and consistency are the key in this game.

Should also note, if I'm going to cycle, it'll be using steroids
Is Ostarine effective at 5 and 10mg?

dreamcrusher

Awards
From my experience after running a 12 cycle of Osta at 10/20/20/20/20/ and then finishing at 25mg, it suppressed me. Didn't get any blood work but sex drive slowly diminished towards the end of the cycle.

Started taking Sustain Alpha the last three weeks cause I started feeling lethargic, it helped a little, should have got the dermacrine.

I tried to take the OL on cycle support but it thrashed my stomach so I ditched it.

Currently in pct from that cycle and on Clomid. Dosage was/is 50/50/25/25 and had to ditch the OL Super PCT cause that too thrashed my stomach.

Libido, sex drive and erections are non-existent at the moment so some peeps on AM recommended some Reduce XT, Inhibit-P and Viron to help with this but haven't seen a difference yet. Then again, it's only been 4 days since I got the extras.

Also, I didn't notice the gains from Osta until after 3 weeks.

Hope this helps OP.

Plex78

Plex78

Awards
Would an AI be recommended while on ostra. If so should I look to start using it around week 5 until end of the cycle?

dreamcrusher

Awards
Would an AI be recommended while on ostra. If so should I look to start using it around week 5 until end of the cycle?
Probably won't but you never know. I just had some PES Erase on deck just in case I needed it but I didn't use it until I was in pct.

Again, this is just my experience.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As always, only use an ai if you have high estrogen sides. No need to crush estrogen unnecessarily. Some need an ai and some don't.

Plex78

Plex78

Awards
As always, only use an ai if you have high estrogen sides. No need to crush estrogen unnecessarily. Some need an ai and some don't.
No I'm thinking I might be ok with not experiencing those sides. Six years ago I ran a halodrol cycle, and did not experience any of that no gyno, and acne. I did have some kidney pain during the week 2 to 4 range which was said to be common. Just ran the cycle with liver support and then pct with Nolva and a OTC test booster. Thirteen years ago I ran an Andro cycle did not run it along with anything and very little pct and I turned orange.

Anyway I'm week 2 of the Ostea and I plan on watching for those sides and am prepared for anything that comes up now. But feeling hopeful since very few have reported any major problems with it. Fingers crossed.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I know. The "Estrophobia" on fitness boards boggles the mind. Unlike Testosterone, where you can push it as out of range as you want and benefit (generally - not talking about BP, Blood Viscosity, etc...), Estrogen NEEDS to be in a certain range. Too High: BAD, Too Low: BAD. Always have a proper, effective AI on hand, but don't take it unless A. Your Bloodwork shows you need it, or B. (for those who don't get bloodwork done) You have no sh&t issues with breast tissue. Of course, if you want no libido, achy joints, high LDL, Low HDL (a.k.a. pre-heart attack indicators) - by all means go AI crazy because you're "cutting" (I was 285 at probably high 3x-4x% BF, now at 205 at 11% according to BIA... never took a purpose marketed "AI" - closest I come is GSE and I3C I guess).

/rant

P.S. My next diatribe will be on "Prolactin Gyno" - which every Endo/MD I've heard/read says they've never seen in a clinical setting :D

As always, just my opinion - which is worth $0.02 :)