Drug Test Developed for LGD-4033

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honesty, I thought this was already the case, but I think they just got around to finding out it's metabolites and determining how to detect it. From Suppversity:

Scientists develop test to detect SARM LGD-4033 in your urine, bros
In the latest edition of "Drug Testing and Analysis", scientists from the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory in Salt Lake City present the first test for the selective androgen modulator (SARM) that has become increasingly popular among both pro- and hobby athletes.
SuppVersity - Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone | Cox, H. D., and Eichner, D. (2016) Detection of LGD-4033 and its metabolites in athlete urine samples. Drug Test. Analysis, doi: 10.1002/dta.1986.
I can't find the study because it appears to be ahead of print.

money made

Awards
Anyone know the detection time for LGD?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone know the detection time for LGD?
5x it's half life and it's eliminated from your system so they can probably detect it up to 3x it's half life, maybe 4 depending on how accurate the tests are

money made

Awards
Hey thanks for the response on LGD, when you say 5x its half life, I'm finding that its half life is 24-36 hours. So if i were to use LGD for 6 weeks, the detection time would still be 5x 36 hours? So it would only be detectable for 180 hours? That seems to be too short of a detection time at 7.5 days? Don't get me wrong that would be great, but am i misunderstanding your post?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey thanks for the response on LGD, when you say 5x its half life, I'm finding that its half life is 24-36 hours. So if i were to use LGD for 6 weeks, the detection time would still be 5x 36 hours? So it would only be detectable for 180 hours? That seems to be too short of a detection time at 7.5 days? Don't get me wrong that would be great, but am i misunderstanding your post?
I'm no chemist, and it may work differently if your body converts it to other compounds etc but after 5 half lives the compound whatever it may be Is at a low enough concentration to be considered eliminated from the body. That's what I know. So theoretically 5x lgds half life and it's eliminated from your body.